Notices

Calgary/Boston

Old
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Calgary/Boston

I saw someone mention this on the main board and think its a very interesting idea and wanted to know what some of you guys thought of it.

To Boston:
Tim Erixon

To Calgary:
Joe Colborne

It is going to be very hard for Colborne to crack the Bruins lineup with all the depth that they have at the centre position so they would possibly move him for the right deal. Their need for a really good defensive prospect is greater for their need for another centreman. So maybe they consider this.

For the Flames, while it would be suck to lose Erixon, we would get back a very good young centreman who definitely has potential to be a top line centre someday. Colborne is from Calgary, he is good playmaker and has very good size. He is a prospect that could turn out to be the player that we have all been wanting for some time down the road. That would give us Colborne, Backlund and Wahl as centreman in our system, not too bad at all if you ask me.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 11-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I saw someone mention this on the main board and think its a very interesting idea and wanted to know what some of you guys thought of it.

To Boston:
Tim Erixon

To Calgary:
Joe Colborne

It is going to be very hard for Colborne to crack the Bruins lineup with all the depth that they have at the centre position so they would possibly move him for the right deal. Their need for a really good defensive prospect is greater for their need for another centreman. So maybe they consider this.

For the Flames, while it would be suck to lose Erixon, we would get back a very good young centreman who definitely has potential to be a top line centre someday. Colborne is from Calgary, he is good playmaker and has very good size. He is a prospect that could turn out to be the player that we have all been wanting for some time down the road. That would give us Colborne, Backlund and Wahl as our centreman in our system, not too bad at all if you ask me.
at least give me the credit i deserve

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
I would do it, Sutter on the other hand wouldn't

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:36 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I read it too...deserved as it would be a great move for us and I believe Boston is in need for a young guy just like Erixon. We'd probably have to add a little more, maybe not...hmmmm

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Alright fine, it was your idea!! LOL, anyways I think it would be great for both teams and fill a need for both Boston and Calgary. I wanted to see what fans in our forum thought of it.

I'm actually surprised Sutter hasn't already attempted this becuase he's a Calgary boy.

Old
11-01-2010, 02:04 PM
AnAfricanMidget

Erixon is my favorite prospect right now and hope to see him in Calgary. But if this trade was offered, I would wait to see what both players can do in the NHL first.

The value is fair however, but I have just been so high on Erixon that I personally would not do a trade like that just yet.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

Please. We have enough D prospects, and I'm sure we're not losing the next Lidstrom. Colborne might be the next Getzlaf though.

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

What about:
To Boston:
Negrin
4th

To Calgary:
Joe colborne

I like erixon's play and from what I hear he plays a very good well rounded game so I came up with this counter offer for that reason. Is the value still there?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Bsoton hangs up the phone. You don't get Colborne without giving up something of similar value. An injury-riddled Negrin is not that something.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
HighLifeMan

I would like to see what Erixon can do in NA, given he has played against men for a couple of years now.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I would like to see what Erixon can do in NA, given he has played against men for a couple of years now.
In a top 4 role as well.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
GoFlames

I like both Erixon and Colbourne. Due to the Flames depth on D it would be a pretty interesting swap...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

I think that because this team already has Bouwmeester and Gio locked up long term and Brodie in the system that we are going to be sitting pretty dam good on defence for sometime. We do not have anyone like Colborne in our system and he is 6'5 and already 210lbs and he is a good playmaker. Yes Erixon will be a very good defenceman, but you need to give up something good to get something good in return and the Flames organization is in more in need of guy like Colborne.

Old
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
I think that because this team already has Bouwmeester and Gio locked up long term and Brodie in the system that we are going to be sitting pretty dam good on defence for sometime. We do not have anyone like Colborne in our system and he is 6'5 and already 210lbs and he is a good playmaker. Yes Erixon will be a very good defenceman, but you need to give up something good to get something good in return and the Flames organization is in more in need of guy like Colborne.
I agree and even more...Erixon is not enough of a return.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
It is definitely close, close enough to get a deal done with some minor tinkering.

Old
11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I think Erixon is enough of a return... keep in mind Colborne is a centerman is is stuck behind Bergeron (signed for 3 more years), Seguin (signed for 2 more years, then will be an RFA), Krejci (signed 1 more year, then will be an RFA and Savard (signed 6 more years)... and even after that they still have Brad Marchand... they really need a solid defense prospect that can also move the puck... Erixon fits the bill almost perfectly

Old
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Bobs your uncle

Quote:

To Boston:
Tim Erixon

To Calgary:
Joe Colborne

For the Flames, while it would be suck to lose Erixon, we would get back a very good young centreman who definitely has potential to be a top line centre someday. Colborne is from Calgary, he is good playmaker and has very good size. He is a prospect that could turn out to be the player that we have all been wanting for some time down the road. That would give us Colborne, Backlund and Wahl as centreman in our system, not too bad at all if you ask me.
Actually a pretty decent proposal. Hip-hip huray!
Well done.

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
I think Erixon is enough of a return... keep in mind Colborne is a centerman is is stuck behind Bergeron (signed for 3 more years), Seguin (signed for 2 more years, then will be an RFA), Krejci (signed 1 more year, then will be an RFA and Savard (signed 6 more years)... and even after that they still have Brad Marchand... they really need a solid defense prospect that can also move the puck... Erixon fits the bill almost perfectly
It would be nice if someone in the Flames organization read this thread, because it would be a great trade for Calgary, well both teams actually. And it could be one of the most significant trades this team has made since Kipper.

Old
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 50
So, where would we slot Colborne? at 2nd? 1st, and trade Stajan? Trade Jokinen?

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
So, where would we slot Colborne? at 2nd? 1st, and trade Stajan? Trade Jokinen?
1st line center for the Heat right now

Old
11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
1st line center for the Heat right now
TBH I don't know much about him... but is he slated to be better than Backlund?

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
JorgeRocks!

Would like this trade very much so. Let him take a year in the AHL maybe. See what he does in camp in next year. Him, with nemisz and bourque on the wings would be ferocious

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
saillias

These are arguably the top prospects for both teams. I would prefer the Flames stick with the guy they've invested time in and from reading Lunatik's topic the Bruins fans feel the same way.

If the trade makes sense based on "What both teams need now" then they should make a trade based on active roster players and not prospects.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:13 PM
goodsauce

How about

Pelech, 2nd, John Rheaut, and one other prospect (Keetley?)

for Colbourne

My apologies, Im not familiar with Colbourne, so I dont know his value, but based on these posts, I feel this might be close, and we keep Erixon, win win

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

For those who don't know alot about Colborne, here is a little Bio on him.

Interesting to note, his favorite team is the Calgary Flames and his favorite players are Joe Thorton and Lecavalier. Can we trade for him already?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=28

Quote:
•Led the AJHL in playoff scoring with 16 points (8-8-16), including six power-play goals, en route to an AJHL championship in 2008.

•In 2007-08 he tied for first overall in the league with 57 assists and his 90 points placed him second overall.

•Participated in the 2007 CJAHL Top Prospects Game and was unanimously selected to Team South for the 2008 AJHL All-Star Game.

•Posted seven points (3-5--7) at the 2007 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge as a member of Team Canada West, helping his team win gold.

•Played one season (2005-06) of Midget AAA for Notre Dame College in Wilcox, Saskatchewan before moving to the Alberta Junior Hockey League.

•Will attend Denver University in the fall of 2008.

•Won the Toby Smaltz Trophy as the 2007 Royal Bank Cup’s Most Sportsmanlike Player and was selected to the South Division All-Rookie Team for the 2006-07 season.

•His dad, Paul, played football at the University of Calgary and his three sisters Lauren, Melissa and Claire play competitive basketball.

•He got his start in hockey when he was three – “I would shoot pucks at cardboard boxes with my dad” and his first hockey team was Springbank Tyke II.

•Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career – “My dad has had the most influence in my career teaching me the fundamentals along with my mom sacrificing time, money and effort to help me”. Also cites his junior coach, Boris Rybalka, as having played an important role in his development over the last two years.

•The best advice he has ever received was from his dad – “when you aren’t working someone else is”.

•Patterns his game after Joe Thornton, Jason Spezza and Vincent Lecavalier – “they are all bigger skilled players who like to control the puck and make plays”.

•His nickname is “Jumbo” and he wears number 12 because it was given to him as a 16-year-old.

•If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Tiger Woods – “the most dominant athlete in the world”, Muhammed Ali – “because of his confidence” and Sir Winston Churchill – “for his leadership”.

•His most embarrassing hockey moment was falling on a breakaway and crashing into the boards and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is by Miley Cyrus.
FAVORITES

NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Joe Thornton and Vincent Lecavalier
Shootout move: Pavel Datsuyk
Goal celebration: Jump into the glass
Practice Drill: Breakaways
Video Game: Call of Duty
Movie: Blood Diamond
Sitcom/TV Show: One Tree Hill
Actor: Will Ferrell
Artist: Taylor Swift
Book: Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
Food to cook: Kraft Dinner
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Toy growing up: Hockey stick
Place to shop: Wal-Mart
Place to visit: Somewhere in the Caribbean

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 11-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.