HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Dal

Old
11-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
Tor-Dal

Versteeg/grabovski
Kadri
Hanson/caputi
Gunnarsson

Richards
Ott
Conditional 1st

Toronto gives up a 2nd line shifty winger or center, a bluechip prospect, a physical top6 prospect, and a top4 upside nhl ready dman. Toronto picks up a top line centerman that fits their speedy system, and a physical 2nd line winger in ott to add much needed size and grit. They have a conditional first depending on if Richards resigns in toronto, or we could agree on the trade without it, and you can allow us to speak to him about a contract before hand. If he doesnt agree to the contract we can walk away ala the mats sundin to montreal deal.

Dallas gets much younger, and adds alot of cap flexibility for the near future. They add a reasonably paid replacement for their top6 in either versteeg or grabovski, a center prospect that could reasonably hope to replace richards down the line, a physical player that might replace ott, and an nhl ready dman with upside.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Man Bear Pig

And here come the pretzels...

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:02 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Why would Dallas do this?

Versteeg and Kadri are good pieces, but they're giving up a top-10 center in the game, who loves Dallas, a good Pker who can chip in offensively, and a 1st. Maybe at the deadline, if Richards decides he wants to test UFA(and only then):

To Dal:
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Ross

To Tor:
Brad Richards

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable

Don't think the leafs are interested in any 2012 picks...

EDIT: not that they wouldn't do the deal, however.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post

Versteeg and Kadri are good pieces, but they're giving up a top-10 center in the game, who loves Dallas, a good Pker who can chip in offensively, and a 1st. Maybe at the deadline, if Richards decides he wants to test UFA(and only then):

To Dal:
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Ross

To Tor:
Brad Richards
swap ross with one of mikus/caputi/blacker and you got a deal. Ross is very good and someone we need to keep.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
swap ross with one of mikus/caputi/blacker and you got a deal. Ross is very good and someone we need to keep.
Which is exactly why Dallas would want him. You can't throw together **** and get gold. You have to give up good pieces to get one back.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Which is exactly why Dallas would want him. You can't throw together **** and get gold. You have to give up good pieces to get one back.
Versteeg and gunnarson are good pieces. Caputi is nhl ready and a power forward, mikus is a top4 dman prospect with size, and blacker is a comparable value dman prospect. I didnt offer you trash back, I offered you the same value.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:20 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Versteeg and gunnarson are good pieces. Caputi is nhl ready and a power forward, mikus is a top4 dman prospect with size, and blacker is a comparable value dman prospect. I didnt offer you trash back, I offered you the same value.
Ross is better than them, though. Caputi is a LW, which Dallas is FULL of. They need RW's.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
TyBOZAK*

Deal !

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Ross is better than them, though. Caputi is a LW, which Dallas is FULL of. They need RW's.
Take MacArthur and give us a 3rd back.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:35 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Take MacArthur and give us a 3rd back.
Again, they are stacked at LW:

Morrow
Neal
Benn

MacArthur would be on the 4th line.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Again, they are stacked at LW:

Morrow
Neal
Benn

MacArthur would be on the 4th line.
Isnt MacArthur playing rightwing beside grabo and kulemin on the left? And isnt Benn a center now or is that a rumor I read?

Old
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Isnt MacArthur playing rightwing beside grabo and kulemin on the left? And isnt Benn a center now or is that a rumor I read?
I'm not sure, but Dallas needs RW's desperately. They have Burish playing in the top-6, from what I recall in the Dallas games I've watched.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
alx83*

I know it sounds stupid, but I don't view Ott as a guy that would be traded. Went to the Ducks-Stars game last year and saw a ton of Ott jerseys. He's a fan favorite, and he's really effective at what he does.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:19 AM
seanlinden

So Toronto decimates the team and system for an impending UFA that we cannot currently afford, an excellent 3rd line guy who we don't really need (Armstrong), and a conditional 2012 draft pick that would be 3-5 years from making any sort of significant contribution???

No team is going to step up with an offer for Brad Richards that is better than the alternative of keeping him. If Dallas isn't in a position to do so, he'll be auctioned off at the deadline with Toronto, Washington, Los Angeles, New York (R), Columbus and Buffalo the likely candidates for his services.

The package that makes sense for Toronto to offer will most likely include Gunnarsson, Toronto's 2nd, a couple of non-Kadri prospects and/or Grabovski as some salary going back... and they'll get comparable offers from other teams.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|██▐ █۞█▐ ★▐ █۞█▐ ██

Dallas say no big time IMO.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

A 1-2 punch of Richards/Backstrom would be absolutely lethal for the Capitals. I think they need to worry about defense though but if they can land Richards they should go for it and add a solid defenseman at the deadline as well.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Dave Karp

I love how it's Leaf fans trying to do deals with other Leaf fans and the occasional non-Leaf fan who's not even a Stars fan trying to talk sense into them. Leaf fan #1 "take out player A, I like him. Only will do it you put player B in there instead". Leaf Fan #2 "Hmm. I guess we can make that happen. Deal!"

As for the trade, like my HS football coach always said "you can't make chicken soup outta chicken poop". Why does Dallas do this?

Versteeg is decent, IMO a 2nd liner tops but he's not beating out any of the Stars wingers on the top-2 lines. Burish plays RW and is RH, so unless Versteeg can play RW then it's not that helpful.

Kadri is a nice prospect, reminds me a lot of Ribs actually. He does add some substance to the deal.

Gunnarsson is being touted the crap out of. I personally don't see the hype at all. He's OK at what he does but I can't see him ever really surpassing a #3 role on a team. (that's being generous).

Those are all decent players but on no way should they get you Richards+ . I think Dallas made out like bandits in their trade with TB (in hindsight, at the time of the deal they gave up quite a bit) so I wouldn't want them to do something similar to trade him away. I think Dallas has a good shot at resigning him as well.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo'sShow09 View Post
I love how it's Leaf fans trying to do deals with other Leaf fans and the occasional non-Leaf fan who's not even a Stars fan trying to talk sense into them. Leaf fan #1 "take out player A, I like him. Only will do it you put player B in there instead". Leaf Fan #2 "Hmm. I guess we can make that happen. Deal!"

As for the trade, like my HS football coach always said "you can't make chicken soup outta chicken poop". Why does Dallas do this?

Versteeg is decent, IMO a 2nd liner tops but he's not beating out any of the Stars wingers on the top-2 lines. Burish plays RW and is RH, so unless Versteeg can play RW then it's not that helpful.

Kadri is a nice prospect, reminds me a lot of Ribs actually. He does add some substance to the deal.

Gunnarsson is being touted the crap out of. I personally don't see the hype at all. He's OK at what he does but I can't see him ever really surpassing a #3 role on a team. (that's being generous).

Those are all decent players but on no way should they get you Richards+ . I think Dallas made out like bandits in their trade with TB (in hindsight, at the time of the deal they gave up quite a bit) so I wouldn't want them to do something similar to trade him away. I think Dallas has a good shot at resigning him as well.
Fans are fans. It's not just Leafs fans who will say take player X out because I like them, all fans do that. Anyways, Gunnar gets mixed reviews from all fans. He gets love from some Leafs fans, not from others. Same with fans of other teams. Which is why many people want him included in deals, they see the potential he has. I think there's a good chance that he does become a top 4 d-man one day. He's got the skill to do it, he's in a funk right now. If he goes back to what he did last season and be our best d-man his stock will rise once again. I think It would be foolish to deal him at this point given his cap hit and struggles. If he became available and I were a GM in this league I'd make an attempt to get him. He could be a very cheap, young potential PMD.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

To Dal:
Versteeg
Gunnarsson
Ross

To Tor:
Brad Richards
DEAL as long as an extension can be worked out

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Dave Karp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Fans are fans. It's not just Leafs fans who will say take player X out because I like them, all fans do that.
I meant two of the same team fans are discussing a trade and making a deal. Shouldn't you get the other teams fans input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Anyways, Gunnar gets mixed reviews from all fans. He gets love from some Leafs fans, not from others. Same with fans of other teams. Which is why many people want him included in deals, they see the potential he has. I think there's a good chance that he does become a top 4 d-man one day. He's got the skill to do it, he's in a funk right now. If he goes back to what he did last season and be our best d-man his stock will rise once again. I think It would be foolish to deal him at this point given his cap hit and struggles. If he became available and I were a GM in this league I'd make an attempt to get him. He could be a very cheap, young potential PMD.
I agree that he's having a tough year and his value is quite low. I don't really see him in the same light as some so that's why I don't really feel that him, a decent 2/3 line W, a good prospect, and a plug should get you what was proposed.

Old
11-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Paladin2799

Quote:
I meant two of the same team fans are discussing a trade and making a deal. Shouldn't you get the other teams fans input?

I agree that he's having a tough year and his value is quite low. I don't really see him in the same light as some so that's why I don't really feel that him, a decent 2/3 line W, a good prospect, and a plug should get you what was proposed.
I am offering a choice of a 2nd line center/winger in versteeg/grabo, a first line prospect in kadri, a good nhl ready dprospect in gunnarsson, and a choice of a nhl ready center/winger with size in hanson/caputi.

I dont see how that shouldnt get me a UFA centerman, a 2nd liner, and a conditional first.

Old
11-02-2010, 04:28 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

Versteeg can play RW he doesn't play it for the Leafs right now but he can play all 3 positins.

Dallas will be hard pressed to re sign richards since right now they have no money

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:43 AM
ScubaSteve*

Please stop.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Dave Karp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Please stop.
This. It's like talking to a brick wall.