HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #6

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2010, 03:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
I just hope that Lavi takes a number from what the Habs did with Subban and scratches Zherdev for a couple more games. Bring back Wellwood.

Old
12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh, ive watched about 2 canadiens games in last two weeks (nights when flyers arnt playing and nothing else to do!) and he doesnt look the same as he did in last years playoffs or start of season, same offensive flair but he seems to be getting caught out on a regular basis when it comes to anything defensive. Didnt know he'd got into fights with teammates, but that, the scratching, and richards and others in hockey communities comments seem to affirm he has an attitude problem, maybe these combined factors will vindicate richards in many of the habs fans eyes (though i doubt it!)
I doubt it will vindicate Richards of anything in the eyes of Montreal. He still hasn't been vindicated on HF for the Booth hit despite his comments to the media afterwards.

I think we're just going to have to accept that the Flyers are hated on HFBoards. It's not a secret at all.

The media, however, excused Richards of any wrong-doing for either event a long time ago.

Old
12-02-2010, 08:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I know people have been waiting for Ron Wilson to be fired, but if he isn't fired tomorrow I'd be absolutely shocked.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I know people have been waiting for Ron Wilson to be fired, but if he isn't fired tomorrow I'd be absolutely shocked.
When I saw Edmonton shut them out 5-0 tonight I said to myself, "That doesn't count, they were playing Toronto."

Old
12-03-2010, 05:41 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Wilson is a garbage coach

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 12-03-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old
12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
chaosof99*

I have come to the conclusion that the Leafs are in fact the worst run organization in hockey today. Worse than the Isles. Worse than Atlanta. Worse even than the Oilers. Those teams usually do not have the assets or leverage to go for big things.

The Leafs organization on the other hand is tremendously influental and continuously makes big moves, just to fail in the same manner every year. "Hey, we hired Brian 'Stanley Cup Champion builder' Burke", "Hey, we acquired one of the best young goalscorers in the league", "Hey we got us a highly touted young defenseman", and they still haven't made a single step forward. In fact, you could argue with the assets they've given up, the first rounders in particular, they've made steps backwards.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

In Burke's defense, he overhauled the Ducks into a Cup winner in a short period of time. Only 4 guys were left over (Rob Niederymayer, Pahlsson, Giguere, MacDonald) on the 2007 Cup Champs that were on the 2003 Western Conference Champs. He also got lucky that Scott Niedermayer wanted to play with his brother. And he basically set up the Canucks before Mike Gillis came in.

The Leafs were looking for someone AND needed someone with credentials, Burke had 'em. Nothing else would have appeased them or even Leaf Nation.

Last edited by GKJ: 12-03-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that the Leafs are in fact the worst run organization in hockey today. Worse than the Isles. Worse than Atlanta. Worse even than the Oilers. Those teams usually do not have the assets or leverage to go for big things.

The Leafs organization on the other hand is tremendously influental and continuously makes big moves, just to fail in the same manner every year. "Hey, we hired Brian 'Stanley Cup Champion builder' Burke", "Hey, we acquired one of the best young goalscorers in the league", "Hey we got us a highly touted young defenseman", and they still haven't made a single step forward. In fact, you could argue with the assets they've given up, the first rounders in particular, they've made steps backwards.
They're probably the only or one of a few teams that can rake in the cash no matter how badly they do (which is both amazing and sad to me in a way). They're also the only team owned by MLSE.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

RT @DownGoesBrown: So there you have it. He's bulletproof. RT @DarrenDreger: "No coaching change," said Brian Burke.

There you have it. If Wilson isn't fired now, he won't be all season.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
RT @DownGoesBrown: So there you have it. He's bulletproof. RT @DarrenDreger: "No coaching change," said Brian Burke.

There you have it. If Wilson isn't fired now, he won't be all season.
Well, aren't Wilson and Burke butt-buddies? It's also not like they have any pressure to succeed either, financially speaking.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Well, aren't Wilson and Burke butt-buddies? It's also not like they have any pressure to succeed either, financially speaking.
It's possible, but Burke inherited Wilson. That wasn't his hire. As I've said (either here to elsewhere), at this point, it may as well be his hire.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Garbage Goal

What pisses me off about Crosby playing well is that Crosby is the Pens offense. The Pens are total crap without him. That's why it pisses me off.

Doesn't help the way that the Pens got Crosby either. Or that he never seems to be injured for any serious length of time. Luckiest franchise on the ****ing planet.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
What pisses me off about Crosby playing well is that Crosby is the Pens offense. The Pens are total crap without him. That's why it pisses me off.

Doesn't help the way that the Pens got Crosby either. Or that he never seems to be injured for any serious length of time. Luckiest franchise on the ****ing planet.
He missed 29 games with an injury in 2007-08. That's when Malkin woke up and became Super Malkin, the team's best player. He has since reverted to regular Malkin. Crosby has regained the Pens' Ring of Power.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
He missed 29 games with an injury in 2007-08. That's when Malkin woke up and became Super Malkin, the team's best player. He has since reverted to regular Malkin. Crosby has regained the Pens' Ring of Power.
29 regular season games isn't too serious. Even then, if you look at his body of work as a whole, he hasn't missed many games.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
29 regular season games isn't too serious. Even then, if you look at his body of work as a whole, he hasn't missed many games.
Losing your team's best player for 29 games can be serious - and the difference between a playoff run and being an also-ran. It looks brighter in retrospect because they made the SC Final that season, but when he went down there were concerned voices in Pittsburgh. Malkin put those concerns to rest.

Old
12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

This is how Crosby got his power back:

Old
12-03-2010, 07:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Anyone got any streams of any games going on? I'm bored and nothing is on TV.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
check out atdhe.net

Old
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Is it really alright to get Veetle?

Old
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I use it with no problem

Old
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Yeah I kind of did start using it. I was watching 3 games at once earlier. Saw the OT winner for the Canes.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip384429#clip384429

Introducing Roberto Frost.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
MsWoof

Does anyone get DirecTV? I'm at a client's house and they have it and it's all American channels. No TSN, no CBC, nothing Canadian. They have NHL Network but it's American. They get MSG so I am hoping tomorrow and Sunday's games will be available if they are on MSG. Kind of pissed off right now.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:22 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
They play Boston, Pgh, Wash, Philly and Montreal next week. I'm not sure Wilson will be around by the time Philly gets here on Thursday.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Veetle is pretty terrific. I held off on it for a while too because it seemed shady, but the quality is terrific and there's nothing to complain about. Doesn't seem hard to get rid of either (not that I've tried).

Opens up a lot of new streaming options as well.

Closed Thread