HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #6

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2010, 01:44 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Poor Tuukka Rask. Thomas gets himself yanked after 2 periods, then Neuvirth screws up so much in the third that the Bruins tie it, then Rask lets one in. In the end, Bruins lose, Rask gets the L while Thomas gets to keep his 7-0-0 record. The world's not fair.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:04 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Watching the Devs-Rags game and one of the announcers just said "...here's Gionta on the rush for the Devils" and never bothered to correct himself.

I thought I was watching an old replay of a game or something at first.
yeah Stephen Gionta. saw alot of him in Lowell for years. He really is nothing special.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:47 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ladd was our 3rd line LW the last 2 years and Buff shifted from 3rd line to 1st line often (And to D when Campbell got hurt)

So yes Ladd and Buff were top 12 players
Toews
Kane
Hossa
Sharp
Bolland
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson
Niemi
Brouwer
Versteeg
Campbell

Which one of those guys were they more valuable than?

Old
11-06-2010, 08:04 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Id say most hawks fans would rather Buff than Brouwer, and maybe even Ladd over brouwer too

Old
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Toews
Kane
Hossa
Sharp
Bolland
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson
Niemi
Brouwer
Versteeg
Campbell

Which one of those guys were they more valuable than?
Buff and Ladd > Steeger and Brouwer

In fact a paper bag is more valuable then Brouwer most nights!

I hate Brouwer and Steeger was the most streaky player in NHL.

Over his last 35 games last year

7 goals + 6 assists -6

16 game goal drought during that stretch + his numbers are inflated by game #80 last year when he had 1 goal and 3 assists +3

So if you take away that game over a 34 game stretch to end year he had 6 goals + 3 assists and was a -9

Old
11-06-2010, 09:29 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Poor Tuukka Rask. Thomas gets himself yanked after 2 periods, then Neuvirth screws up so much in the third that the Bruins tie it, then Rask lets one in. In the end, Bruins lose, Rask gets the L while Thomas gets to keep his 7-0-0 record. The world's not fair.
What's really not fair is that I have Rask and Neuvirth in my fantasy pool. My GAA completely tanked last night.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:56 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
What's really not fair is that I have Rask and Neuvirth in my fantasy pool. My GAA completely tanked last night.
My goalies are machines this week. 7 Wins + a benched shutout (figured Biron was playing the 2nd of B2B)

Old
11-06-2010, 10:41 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
There are some pretty good shots in this fight but the linesmen got in there too quick:

Old
11-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
My goalies are machines this week. 7 Wins + a benched shutout (figured Biron was playing the 2nd of B2B)
I'm in 1st place in my one-year league and my goalies have been insane. Lundqvist, Price, and Bobrovsky have posted five wins, a 2.00 GAA, a .927 save percentage, and one shutout for me this week. What's even more insane is that I started out the season with Lundqvist, Price, and Halak. If I didn't trade Halak I'd dominate the goalie stats every week.

Old
11-06-2010, 11:26 AM
HoverCarle*

Yeah I have Lundqvist, Bobrovsky, Lehtonen and Hiller

Old
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
FlyHigh

Out of curiosity, how big are these leagues?

Old
11-06-2010, 12:34 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Mine is only 10 people, 6 player keeper league. Kept Lundqivst, drafted Hiller in the first round, and grabbed Lehtonen in the seventh. Bobo off free agents at start of the year

Old
11-06-2010, 12:43 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Look's like he got Leighton'd.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
That one-year league I was talking about is 12 teams deep. Just enough to pretty much leave no good goalies left in free agency. Most teams take three goalies, some only take two though. Here's how my draft went if you're curious:

Round Pick Player Position
1. (7) Steven Stamkos C
2. (18) Henrik Lundqvist G
3. (31) Eric Staal C
4. (42) Jaroslav Halak G
5. (55) Loui Eriksson RW
6. (66) Chris Stewart RW
7. (79) Simon Gagne LW
8. (90) Derek Roy C
9. (103) Jussi Jokinen LW
10. (114) Brooks Laich LW
11. (127) Nikolay Zherdev RW
12. (138) Antoine Vermette C
13. (151) Carey Price G
14. (162) Patrice Bergeron C
15. (175) Stephane Robidas D
16. (186) Keith Yandle D
17. (199) Ryan Suter D
18. (210) Ed Jovanovski D
19. (223) Matt Carle D

I actually picked Halak on accident which is why he went so early. Couldn't believe I got Stamkos at 7th.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:07 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Mine is only 10 people, 6 player keeper league. Kept Lundqivst, drafted Hiller in the first round, and grabbed Lehtonen in the seventh. Bobo off free agents at start of the year
Quote:
That one-year league I was talking about is 12 teams deep. Just enough to pretty much leave no good goalies left in free agency. Most teams take three goalies, some only take two though. Here's how my draft went if you're curious:

Round Pick Player Position
1. (7) Steven Stamkos C
2. (18) Henrik Lundqvist G
3. (31) Eric Staal C
4. (42) Jaroslav Halak G
5. (55) Loui Eriksson RW
6. (66) Chris Stewart RW
7. (79) Simon Gagne LW
8. (90) Derek Roy C
9. (103) Jussi Jokinen LW
10. (114) Brooks Laich LW
11. (127) Nikolay Zherdev RW
12. (138) Antoine Vermette C
13. (151) Carey Price G
14. (162) Patrice Bergeron C
15. (175) Stephane Robidas D
16. (186) Keith Yandle D
17. (199) Ryan Suter D
18. (210) Ed Jovanovski D
19. (223) Matt Carle D

I actually picked Halak on accident which is why he went so early. Couldn't believe I got Stamkos at 7th.
Hmm that's interesting, I'm in a couple 16 team keepers.

I'm beginning to think I just kind of suck at fantasy for whatever reason. I pick goalies really well, but I get too attached to certain skaters (I've been waiting on MA Pouliot for the last 12 months).

Old
11-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Hmm that's interesting, I'm in a couple 16 team keepers.

I'm beginning to think I just kind of suck at fantasy for whatever reason. I pick goalies really well, but I get too attached to certain skaters (I've been waiting on MA Pouliot for the last 12 months).
You probably don't suck. Unless this is your first year at fantasy or something (I was god-awful my first year).

Even smart fantasy players can be bit in the ass by bad luck. I'm in five leagues and I expected to contend in three of them. Sucking ass in two of those three and killing it in the other one.

I prefer one-year leagues to keeper leagues myself. Much more forgiving and is a lot easier to manage. Plus drafting an entire team is pretty fun. This was my first draft and I can't believe the position I got some of the players at. Stamkos at 7th was a steal and Price at 151st was probably the steal of the draft.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:30 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
You probably don't suck. Unless this is your first year at fantasy or something (I was god-awful my first year).

Even smart fantasy players can be bit in the ass by bad luck. I'm in five leagues and I expected to contend in three of them. Sucking ass in two of those three and killing it in the other one.

I prefer one-year leagues to keeper leagues myself. Much more forgiving and is a lot easier to manage. Plus drafting an entire team is pretty fun. This was my first draft and I can't believe the position I got some of the players at. Stamkos at 7th was a steal and Price at 151st was probably the steal of the draft.
1st league, I took over the team in 2008, let's just say that the goalies were Boosh and Nitty and it went downhill from there. It's gotten better, but I took Taylor Hall in this past draft, so it's not too great.

2nd league, I came in as they were doing the dispersal draft and players got to keep 5 guys from the original team. By the time I took over, the team's 12 players were Kopitar, Brown, J. Bernier, Frolov, and O'Sullivan (how the **** did this guy not keep Doughty?) and he had picked Briere, Biron, Havlat, Gilbert, Byfuglien (seriously), Whitney, and Rolston in the dispersal draft.

So I guess I had a bit of an uphill battle in both, but still, I've made some pretty bad player evaluations capped off by trading Evander Kane for Savard.

My teams have zero offense right now though, I was really hoping Savard would be a marquee 85-90 point player for a couple more years, but it hasn't worked out that way.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
1st league, I took over the team in 2008, let's just say that the goalies were Boosh and Nitty and it went downhill from there. It's gotten better, but I took Taylor Hall in this past draft, so it's not too great.

2nd league, I came in as they were doing the dispersal draft and players got to keep 5 guys from the original team. By the time I took over, the team's 12 players were Kopitar, Brown, J. Bernier, Frolov, and O'Sullivan (how the **** did this guy not keep Doughty?) and he had picked Briere, Biron, Havlat, Gilbert, Byfuglien (seriously), Whitney, and Rolston in the dispersal draft.

So I guess I had a bit of an uphill battle in both, but still, I've made some pretty bad player evaluations capped off by trading Evander Kane for Savard.

My teams have zero offense right now though, I was really hoping Savard would be a marquee 85-90 point player for a couple more years, but it hasn't worked out that way.
I don't think that's the type of stuff that makes you bad though. The results of moves that look smart are fickle -- I still stand by trading Tuukka Rask for JS Giguere in my league, despite Giguere blowing up that season (we're in our third year now, that was the first season). I also traded Oshie, Colborne, and Stafford for Emery, Vermette, and what turned into Andrej Nestrasil. That one's not looking fantastic either. I've made worse deals, too. I've had pretty rotten luck with goalies...I waited too long to take one in the dispersal and haven't had moves pan out like the ones above (I also traded for Steve Mason at the start of this year...but the verdict will be out on that for a while). I'm still waiting for things to really round out...the lone bright spot was grabbing Bryzgalov in the dispersal.

I still stand by most of them though. You made moves you thought made sense, can't hold it against yourself when they didn't.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
I don't think that's the type of stuff that makes you bad though. The results of moves that look smart are fickle -- I still stand by trading Tuukka Rask for JS Giguere in my league, despite Giguere blowing up that season (we're in our third year now, that was the first season). I also traded Oshie, Colborne, and Stafford for Emery, Vermette, and what turned into Andrej Nestrasil. That one's not looking fantastic either. I've made worse deals, too. I've had pretty rotten luck with goalies...I waited too long to take one in the dispersal and haven't had moves pan out like the ones above (I also traded for Steve Mason at the start of this year...but the verdict will be out on that for a while). I'm still waiting for things to really round out...the lone bright spot was grabbing Bryzgalov in the dispersal.

I still stand by most of them though. You made moves you thought made sense, can't hold it against yourself when they didn't.
Yeah, the toughest thing for me is objective player evaluation, every time I grab a diamond in the rough like Hornqvist, I feel like I can find another one like Pouliot.

Ah well, still early, hopefully a couple of guys can turn it around.

Old
11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Pens losing again 2-0 in the 1st period with MAF in net. Wow, what a failure he is this year .

Old
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Pens losing again 2-0 in the 1st period with MAF in net. Wow, what a failure he is this year .
I have MAF in half of my pools this year and he was my only keeper goalie in one of them...

Old
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
flyersguy33*

solid .856 save % on the year

Old
11-06-2010, 09:13 PM
flyersguy33*

Colby Cohen made his NHL debut tonight.....

Old
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1347
All seven finals tonight have been decided by one goal.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Colby Cohen made his NHL debut tonight.....
It's nice to see the local guy making an impact early. He's +1 with a shot on goal so far. I hope the Avs made Shattenkirk-Cohen a pairing...

Closed Thread