HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Larry Brooks chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
  #1
Reijo R
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Larry Brooks chat

Anyone reading it?

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:45 PM
  #2
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
It wasn't moderated (bad) but it's worth a read (and you'll get a chuckle here and there).

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:25 PM
  #3
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
It wasn't moderated (bad) but it's worth a read (and you'll get a chuckle here and there).
transcript/link?

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:18 PM
  #4
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
I followed the chat on my phone during lunch. Very funny. People were taking shots at Brooks and he was giving it right back to them.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...tji3K5jIgee1VK

Brooks said the Rangers won't trade youth for rentals but then "speculated" Grachev might be moved if the Rangers thought they could do some damage in the playoffs. Brooks called Grachev "a project".

Mentioned Gilroy could be moved but then said there is not a market for him.

Check back in a month regarding the Hobbit's future in NA

Some of the stuff with Torts is funny.

Better than Zipay's chats.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
  #5
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,067
vCash: 500
Brooks makes mention of the Devils wanting a RH defensemen and the Rangers looking for a veteran LD.

Obviously a non-starter w/ Salvador still out, now suffering PCS, but would you do a Salvador for Gilroy swap?

Gives the Rangers the veteran LD they are looking for and gives the Devils a righthanded PMD that makes 1.15 million less and is a UFA at the end of the year.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:12 PM
  #6
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I followed the chat on my phone during lunch. Very funny. People were taking shots at Brooks and he was giving it right back to them.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...tji3K5jIgee1VK

Brooks said the Rangers won't trade youth for rentals but then "speculated" Grachev might be moved if the Rangers thought they could do some damage in the playoffs. Brooks called Grachev "a project".

Mentioned Gilroy could be moved but then said there is not a market for him.

Check back in a month regarding the Hobbit's future in NA

Some of the stuff with Torts is funny.

Better than Zipay's chats.
Agreed - was very funny. Much better than Zipay's chats. For those of you who are Knicks fans, it was just a notch below Hahn's chats which I consider to be the best in pretty much any sport.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM
  #7
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Brooks makes mention of the Devils wanting a RH defensemen and the Rangers looking for a veteran LD.

Obviously a non-starter w/ Salvador still out, now suffering PCS, but would you do a Salvador for Gilroy swap?

Gives the Rangers the veteran LD they are looking for and gives the Devils a righthanded PMD that makes 1.15 million less and is a UFA at the end of the year.
Salvador is signed for next season. $2.9 million cap #. No thank you.

The Rangers can walk away from Gilroy this summer by not giving him a QO. IF Gilroy isn't moved sometime this season.

Gilroy to the Stars for Trevor Daley. Joe Nieuwendyk scouted Gilroy when he worked for the Leafs. The Stars save $400,000 in salary. Rangers add $550,000 in extra cap space AND a vet LD.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
  #8
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I followed the chat on my phone during lunch. Very funny. People were taking shots at Brooks and he was giving it right back to them.
Brooks is very brave until there's nothing but empty space between you and he.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
  #9
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,006
vCash: 500
LOL

12:45


[Comment From Old Man TimeOld Man Time: ]
Dude, saw you recently at the Garden and man you are old! You look like my grandfather. All you need is a bottle of booze in your hand, and I'd think you were a wino out on Avenue of the Americas! Really dude, you look pathetic and wrinkly. I think you should pull a Wade Redden and ride off into the sunset. Your time has passed. Why not at least switch over and write in the obituary section.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:45 Old Man Time
12:46

Yup I'm old. Deal with it.


Another gem...

12:52


[Comment From BoogiemanBoogieman: ]
Larry, is the picture of you that you use in the Post your college graduation picture? You look like a corpse in real life.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:52 Boogieman
12:52

This is what you waste your time on? Interesting.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:57 PM
  #10
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,631
vCash: 50
Awards:
LOL. Man. That's so not funny that people are such *******s, but I still crack up.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:35 PM
  #11
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
LOL

12:45


[Comment From Old Man TimeOld Man Time: ]
Dude, saw you recently at the Garden and man you are old! You look like my grandfather. All you need is a bottle of booze in your hand, and I'd think you were a wino out on Avenue of the Americas! Really dude, you look pathetic and wrinkly. I think you should pull a Wade Redden and ride off into the sunset. Your time has passed. Why not at least switch over and write in the obituary section.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:45 Old Man Time
12:46

Yup I'm old. Deal with it.


Another gem...

12:52


[Comment From BoogiemanBoogieman: ]
Larry, is the picture of you that you use in the Post your college graduation picture? You look like a corpse in real life.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:52 Boogieman
12:52

This is what you waste your time on? Interesting.
Trolling irl hahahaha

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
  #12
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
LOL

12:45


[Comment From Old Man TimeOld Man Time: ]
Dude, saw you recently at the Garden and man you are old! You look like my grandfather. All you need is a bottle of booze in your hand, and I'd think you were a wino out on Avenue of the Americas! Really dude, you look pathetic and wrinkly. I think you should pull a Wade Redden and ride off into the sunset. Your time has passed. Why not at least switch over and write in the obituary section.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:45 Old Man Time
12:46

Yup I'm old. Deal with it.


Another gem...

12:52


[Comment From BoogiemanBoogieman: ]
Larry, is the picture of you that you use in the Post your college graduation picture? You look like a corpse in real life.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:52 Boogieman
12:52

This is what you waste your time on? Interesting.
LOLOLOLOL Oh my god, man... This is funny ****. I gotta do some of this...

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
  #13
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
LOL

12:45


[Comment From Old Man TimeOld Man Time: ]
Dude, saw you recently at the Garden and man you are old! You look like my grandfather. All you need is a bottle of booze in your hand, and I'd think you were a wino out on Avenue of the Americas! Really dude, you look pathetic and wrinkly. I think you should pull a Wade Redden and ride off into the sunset. Your time has passed. Why not at least switch over and write in the obituary section.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:45 Old Man Time
12:46

Yup I'm old. Deal with it.


Another gem...

12:52


[Comment From BoogiemanBoogieman: ]
Larry, is the picture of you that you use in the Post your college graduation picture? You look like a corpse in real life.
Tuesday November 2, 2010 12:52 Boogieman
12:52

This is what you waste your time on? Interesting.


I think its shocking that Torts would post this on Brooks chat

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:12 PM
  #14
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
I gotta give him credit for hanging in there when people started trying to insult him.

Having said that, Brooks is and always has been a jerk. Stereotypical NY reporter. Which is sad because there are some good ones.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.