HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horachek miss game due to cancer

Old
10-29-2010, 02:37 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Horachek miss game due to cancer

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

Recovering from Prostate Cancer surgery.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Totally shocked. Apparently he's already had surgery and was on the bench last night. He was at practice today, but in warmups and not on the ice. Mitch Korn was much more involved in the practice, but it was Trotz and Peterson running all the drills.

As JP said this afternoon on XM, this isn't just a team, it's one big family. I'm sure they will all rally around Coach Horachek (as I'm sure the fans will too) and support him throughout this battle.

Good luck Coach!!! You are in our thoughts today.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:04 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Totally shocked.
I'll second this. This team and coaches, their families, and their own issues are wild. Not that it is a bad thing -- whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Safe recovery.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:35 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I also wish Horachek the best and will be thinking of his family. My dad has had this surgery. I have survived radiation and chemo for another form of the dreaded killer. Once it touches you, few people look at life the same.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:22 PM
WartracePred

Started my mustache a week or so ago. Never let it grow this long. After looking through a few pics from the 19th century, I'm feeling pretty good about the possibilities.

Like a lot of folks, I've had cancer, chemo, radiation -- the works. At times it really sucks, but you endure. And if you're lucky, life goes on.

Wish you the best Coach.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 07:09 PM
cleangene

What ELSE bad can happen health-wise to this team??? Blessings with the coach and his related AND professional family.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 08:59 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'll be honest, if I was a player and my *Insert random body part here* was hurting and it was borderline. I would not want to come up to coach saying, 'Yeah, I think I can't play because of this bruise.....'

It would be like the scene in Reservoir Dogs where the cop is whining about his ear being cut off and the guy on the ground is screaming "I'm *Bleeping* dying!"

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I wish him a healthy recovery.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:37 AM
kivaerijo

posted this is nhl area as well. and maybe it is wrong for these threads per rules, but dont really care. good cause, and if anyone wants to help out, please do.

i am donating my face for Movember. highest donation gets to pick what mustache i am wearing for the month. (got a new job, so not sure the hitler will fly). go here to donate http://us.movember.com/mospace/589558/ and here to sign up to try and get donations yourself http://us.movember.com/get-involved/ if you want to join my team, sign up with "east stachey" team

thanks in advance, and recover well Horacheck

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Not to steal thunder, there's also a Nashville Predators Fans team as well.

Nashville Predators Fans - http://us.movember.com/register/115392

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:32 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Hope his recovery goes well, I know he's got lots of support from everyone.

Sadly enough my father in law is in the hospital today for a similar surgery, they think he's got bladder cancer and still waiting to hear the results, hoping they're good.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Hope his recovery goes well, I know he's got lots of support from everyone.

Sadly enough my father in law is in the hospital today for a similar surgery, they think he's got bladder cancer and still waiting to hear the results, hoping they're good.
Good luck to your father in law Golf. Two of my uncles have survived prostate cancer, but each has had to undergo major surgery and chemo to beat it and I hope your father in law is able to beat it too!

Old
11-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Seth Lake

A great article from Nashville Examiner beat writer Jim Diamond (@diamondhockey on Twitter) getting an update and some advice from Coach Horachek today. A real must read...

Quote:
Normally the last thing you would expect to hear come out of a hockey coach’s mouth is, “My message would be get checked,” but those exact words came out of Nashville Predators assistant coach Peter Horachek Tuesday.

Late last week, the Predators announced on their website that Horachek would not be accompanying the team to Detroit for last Saturday’s game against the Red Wings because he was recovering from successful prostate cancer surgery performed earlier in the week. It also stated that he was “hoping to re-join the team soon.”

Soon came Tuesday in the form of Horachek being back on the ice at the team’s practice at Centennial Sportsplex. He accompanied the team on the charter flight west for games in Phoenix Wednesday, Los Angeles Saturday, and Anaheim on Sunday.

“I’m feeling pretty good a week out from the surgery,” Horachek said. “The energy is getting back more and more all the time. They are constantly warning me about not doing too much, so that’s in the back of my mind.”
http://www.examiner.com/nashville-pr...en-get-checked

Old
11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Wow, that's dedication. Thanks Coach. Stay well.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:54 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Good luck to your father in law Golf. Two of my uncles have survived prostate cancer, but each has had to undergo major surgery and chemo to beat it and I hope your father in law is able to beat it too!
Thanks SLake. He got out of surgery last night, as far as I know it's malignant but still waiting to get more information from the doc. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote