Flames lose 2-1

Old
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Beats By CoRD
Irrelevant Ferkland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
This team is often guilty of showing players like Datsyuk far too much respect on the ice. Tonight is another example.
No kidding. I mean the guy has sick dangles but they just let him do his thing. ****ing rush him and take him out of the play!

Iginla really looks terrible out there. I think he stopped caring.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Beats By CoRD
Irrelevant Ferkland

*tumble weed blows by*

Geezus it's dead in here tonight. I mean, it's normally pretty dead but holy **** did you guys hang yourselves already?!

Old
11-03-2010, 10:37 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Iginla really looks terrible out there. I think he stopped caring.

I don't believe he has stopped caring. But I don't know what the hell his problem is.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:04 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I don't believe he has stopped caring. But I don't know what the hell his problem is.
He is playing outside of his skillset. Ever since he had that big injury a few seasons back he stopped playing his power forward game. He is trying to be the sniper type player for the last few seasons.

I never actually thought about it before but i wonder if that injury he had (leg one that had him out for 13-14 games) had some effect on his playing mentality?

Penalty...its over for the Flames. The wings are great at finishing games.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:06 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Flames lose 2-1.

Old
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Grannys

Lame game. Calgary is in a serious funk.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
He is playing outside of his skillset. Ever since he had that big injury a few seasons back he stopped playing his power forward game. He is trying to be the sniper type player for the last few seasons.

I never actually thought about it before but i wonder if that injury he had (leg one that had him out for 13-14 games) had some effect on his playing mentality?

Penalty...its over for the Flames. The wings are great at finishing games.
Injury? What no way. Iginla missed 12 games in 06-07. Followed it up with 98 points and 50 goals in 07-08. This has nothing to do with any sort of injury. It's all on Iginla.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
saillias

About time that Brent cut Iginla's ice time. I would scratch him next game, not as some sort of "message" but simply because he's consistently been the worst forward on the ice.

saillias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Triple Deke

Stajan had a noticeably bad game.
Detroit schooled Calgary with their classic puck control game.

On a positive note, Moss looked pretty good.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Beats By CoRD
Irrelevant Ferkland

Man I wish I was a Red Wings fan sometimes. Howard is what.... 18-0-3 in his last 21 starts? Un-****ing-real! Then theres us who depend on a high-priced all star goalie to bail us out at every turn. Poor Kipper.

On a positive note, Marlon Wayans got drunk at the game tonight!

http://twitter.com/MARLONLWAYANS

Last edited by Beats By CoRD: 11-03-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old
11-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Wyrm

I am wondering if it came down to choosing between B.Sutter and Iginla, who would the Flames fans prefer to keep of the two?

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:43 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
For the most part of this season I have noticed Iggy has really got his wheels back this year. Do you think sticking him with some faster players will pressure him to use his speed more often and use that power forward ability in him more often? I was thinking of line like this.

Bourque Backlund Iginla

What does everyone think?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
I'd get drunk too if I paid to see that crap.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:03 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
I am wondering if it came down to choosing between B.Sutter and Iginla, who would the Flames fans prefer to keep of the two?
I think the key question becomes, who will the GM choose?

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:19 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Injury? What no way. Iginla missed 12 games in 06-07. Followed it up with 98 points and 50 goals in 07-08. This has nothing to do with any sort of injury. It's all on Iginla.
Do you ever think he had played through some nagging injurys? Lots of players have nagging issue that aren't serious enough to keep them out of the line-up. Conroy last year had a knee and wrist that was giving him problems but finally got it sorted out over the olympic break. Iginla could very well have a bad shoulder, or was it wrist? (which he did have last year, hence the low # of draws).

Sitting Iginla and limiting his ice and putting him on the 4th line used to lead to a fired up and angry big guy. Now it just looks like he is content with playing 15mins and time with the 4th line.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Iginla just doesn't give a ****.

He plays lazy and has no heart.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Not pleased with Iginla.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Ashasx

You guys are way too harsh on Iginla. He played much better tonight. Though he played far from what we are used to, he could have had a few points tonight (the pass to Tanguay point blank).

Iginla has heart, he cares, he's trying. He's just frustrated. If you can't see it, then I don't know what else I can say. You can blame Iginla all you want for that loss, but in reality, 3 lines couldn't play the system tonight. It wasn't just Iginla.

It's almost sickening how he's being thrown under the bus after he single-handedly revitalized the Flames franchise.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

Well, what can ya do? McElhinney's gone and so is Phaneuf... whipping boy's gotta be El Capitan.

That being said, I wish he'd stop playing Sniper and get back into Powerforward play. I blame Cammalleri... he ruined Iginla. Somehow.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
It's almost sickening how he's being thrown under the bus after he single-handedly revitalized the Flames franchise.
I thought we were talking about Iginla and not Kiprusoff... I love Iggy he is arguably my favorite player of all-time... but Iginla didn't single handedly do anything... there is a reason we were a non-playoff team the first 7 years of his career... the acquisition of Kiprusoff and the playoff berth in 2004 revitalized this franchise

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
The Gnome

Everyone can blame Iggy all they want...

Until this team has some more elite talent upfront, which has been the problem for years, they don't seem to have what it takes. Iggy cannot carry the load anymore, he's not that player.

Stajan had a weak game.
Regehr with a couple stumbles.

How stupid do Iggy and Tanguay feel after that 2nd goal, **** people learn in Pee-Wee how to do a line change and communicate.

Overall I didn't think Iggy had a horrible game like most people seem to think. Either they find someone for him to play with, or trade him now so we can still get a decent return. I feel for the guy, and his passion for this city seems to wearing thin.

Regardless beating the Wings is no easy feat. Man they just keep getting better and better. Howard's season record is disgusting. This team is ready to roll.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I thought we were talking about Iginla and not Kiprusoff... I love Iggy he is arguably my favorite player of all-time... but Iginla didn't single handedly do anything... there is a reason we were a non-playoff team the first 7 years of his career... the acquisition of Kiprusoff and the playoff berth in 2004 revitalized this franchise
I would say Iginla was huge during that playoff run though. It still pisses me off that they REALLY won the cup!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
CPRSRPUNKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Gotta admit that, nothing was single-handedly done.. unless you count Kipper as not being on the team. Iginla has done a lot in fact, arguably the most to get this team going again. Depends if you're a goalie or player lover to weigh that one out. Myself, I was a d-man and sometimes wing.

Didn't see the game but saw the highlights. Looked like Calgary actually had some great chances, just couldn't slide it by Howard. Seems to me that the flames didn't actually do that bad, just that Detroit is better at closing the door, locking it, reinforcing it with pianos and fridges etc. I'll admit though, not seeing the game maybe I would feel differently but it didn't look all that bad. 6,7,4 shots on goal definitely sucks. 10 guys got at least 1 shot on goal, 8 guys didn't. That's super lame. Even on the worst team I ever played on in Jr, we would've had most if not all guys at least fire one into the pads hoping for a bounce. Iggy tied for the most shots by a flame in that game. My question is, are we calling out the right guy? Sure Iggy's invisible, but he out shot 8 others. When do we start calling out the 7 mil PP Q-B? Not that it made much difference or would have but, seems to me there are other players making just as much coin and also not doing jack poo.. Someone save us please! Rant over.

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
People can crap on Iginla all they want but he was far from our being our player last night. I would agrue in the last 5 minutes of the game that he was actually our best. His contract however does make some of this criticism fair, but be realistic about it he is not our worst forward for ****sakes. If you are gonna post something on here, think about what you say first.

Iginla does make the most money on this team and people expect him to produce, and so do I. He has had a very disappointing to start to the year so far and this team really needs him now. But he has shown he has some good jump and the fact that he wanted to fight last night tells me that he is engaged in the game. I think Iginla is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and that is why he is in this funk. I just hope that Tanguay can help to pull him out of it because if Iginla starts scoring again then that will fix alot of things on this team. But I do agree, he needs to be much, much better.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Iginla looked like an all-star in this game in comparison to Bourque.