Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames lose 2-1

Old
11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
saillias

vCash: 50
There is a reason he was dropped to the 4th line with Conroy and Glencross and didn't play until 5 minutes had passed in the 3rd period. He finally had some decent shifts late in the 3rd. Those were his first good shifts in several games.

Sure, Bourque has been invisible for 2 games as well. Is he not a 2nd liner that gets 16 minutes a game? You don't count on your 2nd liners to be your go-to players every game. He still is 2nd on the team in points even with missing 2 games. There were some crazy posts earlier calling him our next Iginla, unreal.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:36 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I thought we were talking about Iginla and not Kiprusoff... I love Iggy he is arguably my favorite player of all-time... but Iginla didn't single handedly do anything... there is a reason we were a non-playoff team the first 7 years of his career... the acquisition of Kiprusoff and the playoff berth in 2004 revitalized this franchise
Thats BS.

He only single handedly lead this team in points for the past decade, He was/is just as important to the flames than kipper during that span.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
There is a reason he was dropped to the 4th line with Conroy and Glencross and didn't play until 5 minutes had passed in the 3rd period. He finally had some decent shifts late in the 3rd. Those were his first good shifts in several games.

Sure, Bourque has been invisible for 2 games as well. Is he not a 2nd liner that gets 16 minutes a game? You don't count on your 2nd liners to be your go-to players every game. He still is 2nd on the team in points even with missing 2 games. There were some crazy posts earlier calling him our next Iginla, unreal.
I didn't say he was our NEXT Iginla, I just said when Borq was on fire he looked like the old Iginla It was more reminiscent of howmuch I miss the old Iggy

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Do you ever think he had played through some nagging injurys? Lots of players have nagging issue that aren't serious enough to keep them out of the line-up. Conroy last year had a knee and wrist that was giving him problems but finally got it sorted out over the olympic break. Iginla could very well have a bad shoulder, or was it wrist? (which he did have last year, hence the low # of draws).

Sitting Iginla and limiting his ice and putting him on the 4th line used to lead to a fired up and angry big guy. Now it just looks like he is content with playing 15mins and time with the 4th line.
This whole injury business just sounds like making excuses for Iginla to me. Injuries don't excuse soft plays, soft turnovers, not doing the defensive things right. He's got the fitness, he has the speed and he has the strength. His problem is mental.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
This whole injury business just sounds like making excuses for Iginla to me. Injuries don't excuse soft plays, soft turnovers, not doing the defensive things right. He's got the fitness, he has the speed and he has the strength. His problem is mental.

Exactly.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Impossible for anyone to know he's not playing through an injury. The way he is avoiding physical contact like the plague it sure looks like he's hurting. I know it's often used as an excuse but he just doesn't look like himself out there. It looks like he wants to be traded.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I agree with this as well, I could understand if he was injured last year to excuse his poor play, but he has had a full offseason to recover and his poor play has continued. Iginla has a big *** ape on his back that he needs to get off. I just heard on the Fan960 yesterday that they now have an Olympic sports head Dr. on staff. Hopefully Iggy is seeing this guy as much as he practices.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:11 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Impossible for anyone to know he's not playing through an injury. The way he is avoiding physical contact like the plague it sure looks like he's hurting. I know it's often used as an excuse but he just doesn't look like himself out there. It looks like he wants to be traded.
This!

I hate to admit it, but he might finally be fed up with the flames inadequate top line.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
This!

I hate to admit it, but he might finally be fed up with the flames inadequate top line.
I don't think you can blame this topline business anymore.

Tangs is here and Stajan isn't bad himself. Sure its not Big Joe or Spezza, but those two are plenty talented. If you can score 50 with Conroy, you should be able to with Tangs/Stajan.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Nah, I don't think Iginla is playing to be traded or wants out. I think he and Sutter just have a difference of philosophy right now as to how this team needs to play. Sutter wants defensive-sound hockey and Iginla wants to go on the offense and score goals. They have to find a way to meet halfway.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I don't think you can blame this topline business anymore.

Tangs is here and Stajan isn't bad himself. Sure its not Big Joe or Spezza, but those two are plenty talented. If you can score 50 with Conroy, you should be able to with Tangs/Stajan.
We have a difference of opinion then...I feel that Iggy is no longer a dominant force by himself. He's a complimentary sniper now, not a PF. He needs star talent to revitalize his game.

But like most others I still don't understand why his game has changed so much or why he decided to lose weight. It could be age, but I don't by that if you trust the fittness test results. Like others have said, it could be a mental issue. Either way playing with Tanguay and Stajan is a far cry from having another star to help carry the load.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Nah, I don't think Iginla is playing to be traded or wants out. I think he and Sutter just have a difference of philosophy right now as to how this team needs to play. Sutter wants defensive-sound hockey and Iginla wants to go on the offense and score goals. They have to find a way to meet halfway.
Could be true, especially judging from his point totals under Sutter vs. other coaches. However other star talents have flourished under Sutter's philosphy, Iginla needs to learn how to adapt, not Sutter. Sutter runs the ship, iginla is just one player. Certainly Sutter can tweak things here and there, but its ultimatly up to the player to mold himself into what Sutter visualizes.

Bourque is a great example, he had a career year under Sutter.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:31 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Iginla needs to learn how to adapt, not Sutter. Sutter runs the ship, iginla is just one player. Certainly Sutter can tweak things here and there, but its ultimatly up to the player to mold himself into what Sutter visualizes.

I agree.