HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gab / Dru / Prospal - LTIR?

Old
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Gab / Dru / Prospal - LTIR?

I haven't been able to find any information about any of these guys being placed one IR/LTIR. Any clue why they haven't been or what reason there would be not to do this? I'm scratching my head. I know it can be done retroactively before activating a player, but is there any advantage to that?

- Obviously, this as it pertains to salary cap issues.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I haven't been able to find any information about any of these guys being placed one IR/LTIR. Any clue why they haven't been or what reason there would be not to do this? I'm scratching my head. I know it can be done retroactively before activating a player, but is there any advantage to that?

Idk seems a little weird

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

My undersranding is that while LTIR can get you under the cap by removing the cap hit, it doesnt create cap space for the end of the season.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:16 PM
darko

I'm no cap guru but what's point of placing them on LTIR when we wont use that cap space. If we do place them and use that space then we'll be in trouble when those guys come back. We would have to make room for them somehow.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540863

They are on injured reserve, otherwise we would be over the cap with white and grachev here. Scroll down to the middle of the article for info on drury, gabs, and prospal.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540863

They are on injured reserve, otherwise we would be over the cap with white and grachev here. Scroll down to the middle of the article for info on drury, gabs, and prospal.
capgeek has all 3 still count against the cap and us still $1 mil under...thats not an official source but just shows that we wouldn't be over the cap

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Slick Rick 61

LTIR is only a cap exception. You can exceed the cap by up to the amount of the injured player for the amount of time he is out. However, cap space is never banked under any circumstance, and the player's daily cap hit counts on the cap every day. LTIR is for teams at the upper limit to provide temporary cap space to call up replacement players and team's must be back under the upper limit before a player can return.

This is why Gaborik, Drury, and Prospal are not on LTIR.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
There's no need and no real benefit to having them on LTIR at the present time.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:31 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

If they miss 10 games (or 25? days), we can retroactively place them on the LTIR and get the cap savings. Gaborik needs to miss two more games to get LTIR status and savings but that might not happen as he is already back skating. Drury also needs 2 more games. I didn't see the Toronto game but he's listed as having played that game. Prospal should be on there already so we should be getting cap savings from him already. Cheapest cap hit of the trio though.

edit: 10 games saving on Dru and Gabs = ~$1.77M cap savings which translates to being able to afford an $8M UFA to be for the last 18 games of the season (post trade deadline). Brad Richards makes $7.8M Just saying...

Last edited by n8: 11-04-2010 at 03:39 AM.
n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:38 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
If they miss 10 games (or 25? days), we can retroactively place them on the LTIR and get the cap savings. Gaborik needs to miss two more games to get LTIR status and savings but that might not happen as he is already back skating. Drury also needs 2 more games. I didn't see the Toronto game but he's listed as having played that game. Prospal should be on there already so we should be getting cap savings from him already. Cheapest cap hit of the trio though.

edit: 10 games saving on Dru and Gabs = ~$1.77M cap savings which translates to being able to afford an $8M UFA to be for the last 18 games of the season (post trade deadline). Brad Richards makes $7.8M Just saying...
Did you read the posts above you? LTIR does not create any cap savings! It only allows to go over the cap while the players are injured, afterwards it's all like they never were injured cap-wise.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote