HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's not a joke, that's the fourth line tonight (Blackhawks v. Devils 11/3)

Old
11-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
Makarov is not even in our top 10 for points in Rockford. 4 points and -6.

Bickell has 5 points and is even +/- in the show. Not the minors. He is bigger and stronger and much more suited to a bottom 6 checking role.

Please explain all of this Makarov nut hugging. I honestly don't see it.
Makarov has top 6 talent + good D potential and he has experience vs professional talent.

His treatment in Russia (Vets get minutes and young guys do not) stunted his development

He has potential to be a similiar player as Kris Versteeg.

And Makarov played bottom 6 checking role in Russia and isn't some pushover. He will throw checks and drop the gloves.

Bickell has been MIA since the start of the year. I dont know what his issue is but as of now he is not playing good

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Makarov has top 6 talent + good D potential and he has experience vs professional talent.

His treatment in Russia (Vets get minutes and young guys do not) stunted his development

He has potential to be a similiar player as Kris Versteeg.

And Makarov played bottom 6 checking role in Russia and isn't some pushover. He will throw checks and drop the gloves.

Bickell has been MIA since the start of the year. I dont know what his issue is but as of now he is not playing good

His experience vs. professionals doesn't seem to be doing anything for him in the AHL. Beach has none and he is contributing more to the Ice Hogs.

You say that he was stunted by not getting ice time in the KHL and in the same breath you want to rush him to the show in a 4th line role. Is 10 mins a game in the NHL suddenly going to help him realize his potential?

Bickell could be playing better for sure but replacing him with Makarov is a step in the wrong direction.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:03 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Anyone know the song that was playing before the start of the third? It was like a hip hop song with violins and crap.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 03:41 AM
JUICEY*

The one Ice Hogs game I saw, Makarov looked like the best player on the team.

I also thought that he was the best player on the ice in the rookie tournament. He was great in the preseason until Q decided to give him basically 5 minutes a game.

It is one thing to look at the box scores, it is another thing to look with your own eyes. Makarov will prove the haters wrong next year IMO. Q hates Russians so I doubt he will see any time this year.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:32 AM
EmeticDonut

Makarov may have the skills, but if he can't understand the intricacies of the system and what the coach wants, then he wont be much use in the big show. Let the kid develop in the A and get bigger minutes than he would get on the big team and get a better command and understanding of the language.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote