HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penner for Beauchemin + sweetener

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2010, 05:21 PM
  #1
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,896
vCash: 500
Penner for Beauchemin + sweetener

Any chance of a deal centered around these two players? Edmonton need defense, Leafs need a top 6 forward with size. Penner is 28, has this year and one more left, at a $4.25 mil cap hit. Beauchemin is 30, same length contract, at a $3.8 mil cap hit. Both have played roles a bit more prominent than they probably should (Penner on the 1st line, Beauchemin on the top d pairing). Leafs could throw in some sweetener, maybe a young, non-Kadri prospect like Caputi or Rynnas. Thoughts?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
  #2
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Not interested in Beauchemin, however I would take Komisarek and McKegg/D'Amigo

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:43 PM
  #3
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Not interested in Beauchemin, however I would take Komisarek and McKegg/D'Amigo
I'd be cool with shipping out Komi instead of Beauch, no real preference for one or the other (actually think Beauch has more trade value because of his shorter/cheaper contract and his superior ability with the puck), but McKegg and D'Amigo are my two favourite prospects after Kadri. Not interested in any of our D or goalie prospects?

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
  #4
bringthecuphome
Registered User
 
bringthecuphome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
I would do Komi + D'amigo. Really like that deal actually. Leafs get the big top six forward they need, and the Oil get a shutdown top-four dman and a solid prospect with a big upside.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
  #5
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'd be cool with shipping out Komi instead of Beauch, no real preference for one or the other (actually think Beauch has more trade value because of his shorter/cheaper contract and his superior ability with the puck), but McKegg and D'Amigo are my two favourite prospects after Kadri. Not interested in any of our D or goalie prospects?
I don't see many prospects from the leafs that can make an NHL impact than D'Amigo/Blacker/Kadri. Also Ross can be a Hartnell type player, don't see Burke giving him up. Blacker seems to be progressing into a bottom pairing D-man, though we need high end talent when we are trading our best player.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
  #6
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
No thanks. I would actually want to keep Komi.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
  #7
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
What do Oilers fans want for Gagner? It doesn't seem like he's getting used much.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
  #8
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
What do Oilers fans want for Gagner? It doesn't seem like he's getting used much.
don't really think the leafs have the assets to get him. It won't be worth it. (Schenn)

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:00 PM
  #9
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Any chance of a deal centered around these two players? Edmonton need defense, Leafs need a top 6 forward with size. Penner is 28, has this year and one more left, at a $4.25 mil cap hit. Beauchemin is 30, same length contract, at a $3.8 mil cap hit. Both have played roles a bit more prominent than they probably should (Penner on the 1st line, Beauchemin on the top d pairing). Leafs could throw in some sweetener, maybe a young, non-Kadri prospect like Caputi or Rynnas. Thoughts?
Why does Edmonton do this?

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
  #10
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
don't really think the leafs have the assets to get him. It won't be worth it. (Schenn)
It would be nice to have Gagner but then the Oilers would be lacking a future #1 center

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  #11
Jeff Finger 4
Registered User
 
Jeff Finger 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
only a sweetner, you'd think wed have to add like 1 sugar, and 2 creams

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  #12
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
What do Oilers fans want for Gagner? It doesn't seem like he's getting used much.
He's playing 18 minutes a night on a line with Hemsky and Paajarvi. How much more should be be being used?

No sense in the Oilers trading Penner for a d-man like Beauchemin. Not only does it not really make sense (trading for a 30 year old d-man), but the value isn't even there.

Penner>>Beauchemin

But then again I've never been big on Beauchemin. He was made to look good playing with Neidermayer and has never impressed me otherwise.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  #13
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 23,580
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
What do Oilers fans want for Gagner? It doesn't seem like he's getting used much.
What do you mean by that? He plays on the 1st line and is on the 1st unit PP..

Edmonton would be asking for Schenn in a deal for Gagner.

And for Penner I like the idea of Komisarek + a prospect for Penner however Beachemin would not work.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
  #14
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Then what about Horcoff, who plays Center on the third line ?

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
  #15
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Not interested in Beauchemin, however I would take Komisarek and McKegg/D'Amigo
Heh Beauchemin is the better one but I wouldn't give up those prospect just quite yet. They are solid project forwards and D'Amigo is already in the AHL and could be ready in a year or 2 (most likely 2). McKegg has been tearing it up in the OHL and was a pick that fell so I wouldn't trade him quite yet.

Perhaps Komi + Ross/Aulie/Ryan? Or even a goalie like Reimer, Rynaas, Scrivens (I hope I spelled that right).

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
  #16
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,896
vCash: 500
Obviously the opinion of fans means nothing when it comes to trades, but I like the idea of Komi + prospect for Penner, as the Leafs really need a top 6 forward with size, and if Edmonton fans like it too, could be a win/win. If it came down to one of McKegg or D'Amigo as that prospect, not really sure who I'd pick.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
  #17
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
Then what about Horcoff, who plays Center on the third line ?
I'm guessing you haven't seen Horcoffs contract...

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
  #18
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,029
vCash: 500
Not at all.

Francois Beauchemin is Dion Phaneuf's partner and will be extremely valuable while he's out. Toronto has had one of the league's best defences so far this year, and the last thing they're going to do is upset that.

On the Penner side, remember that Burke is one of the most vocal and stubborn GMs in the league, and he spent the better part of a year berading Kevin Lowe for grossly overpaying Dustin Penner on the contract he is currently on.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
  #19
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Heh Beauchemin is the better one but I wouldn't give up those prospect just quite yet. They are solid project forwards and D'Amigo is already in the AHL and could be ready in a year or 2 (most likely 2). McKegg has been tearing it up in the OHL and was a pick that fell so I wouldn't trade him quite yet.

Perhaps Komi + Ross/Aulie/Ryan? Or even a goalie like Reimer, Rynaas, Scrivens (I hope I spelled that right).
It would have to be Rynnas for leafs fans.
Scrivens and Reimer have been too good.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
  #20
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
I'm guessing you haven't seen Horcoffs contract...
I have. But we're gonna have to pay a price for someone that can get Kessel to 40.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  #21
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
Then what about Horcoff, who plays Center on the third line ?
We'll take Finger for him.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  #22
Trollmark*
 
Trollmark*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
I have. But we're gonna have to pay a price for someone that can get Kessel to 40.
lol Not Shawn, I'll tell you that much

Trollmark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  #23
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
It would be nice to have Gagner but then the Oilers would be lacking a future #1 center
Gagner is unlikely to become a #1 center.....

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:18 PM
  #24
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
I have. But we're gonna have to pay a price for someone that can get Kessel to 40.
While I do like Horcoff, I'm not sure he's that guy.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:18 PM
  #25
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
We'll take Finger for him.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.