HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Penner for Beauchemin + sweetener

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
  #76
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,174
vCash: 500
I have to admit part of the reason I want him is the hilarity it would cause if he ever flattened Iginla or Tanguay or something in a BOA, or just walking down 17th Avenue in Calgary with an Oilers Phaneuf jersey on, lol.

Phaneuf may be a bit of a jerk ... but really, you can't expect to build a good team without having that element on your team. The 80s Oilers had guys who had attitudes (among other issues) too. You can't build a good team with a bunch of nice-guys.

Pronger is an ass-hat too (and was probably even more immature in his 20s), not saying Phaneuf is that good of course, but still. I'm not necessarily scared of having one or two guys in the locker room that march to the beat of their own drum.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
  #77
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I have to admit part of the reason I want him is the hilarity it would cause if he ever flattened Iginla or Tanguay or something in a BOA, or just walking down 17th Avenue in Calgary with an Oilers Phaneuf jersey on, lol.

Phaneuf may be a bit of a jerk ... but really, you can't expect to build a good team without having that element on your team. The 80s Oilers had guys who had attitudes (among other issues) too. You can't build a good team with a bunch of nice-guys.

Pronger is an ass-hat too (and was probably even more immature in his 20s), not saying Phaneuf is that good of course, but still. I'm not necessarily scared of having one or two guys in the locker room that march to the beat of their own drum.
I don't mind if we have to have a jerk on the team. But I don't want Phaneuf. I won't say any more on the issue, I feel that I may have already said more than I should have.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
  #78
SephF
Visually Better
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
What do Oilers fans want for Gagner? It doesn't seem like he's getting used much.
He's getting first line minutes playing with Ales Hemsky and he gets on the #1 PP unit.

If we traded Gagner we'd have no top-6 centers unless we got one back in return. I think the Oilers plan is to keep Gags as a #2 and eventually shop for a #1 (or draft) when we get closer to contending.

As for the Penner deal it seems pretty fair, but unless the + was a pretty high pick I don't see the Oilers doing this. I'd rather have Beauchemin over Komisarek though, all day every day.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:43 AM
  #79
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you do, but do you know him?

And your posts are just completely uninformed, so I'm not even going to argue with you anymore.
lol at this. i have nothing to counter your argument with so im done. most leaf fans probably didnt even know who he was till he was traded there and became god. he has been on a downward swing for a few years and attitude was a constant brought up, him and regher were said to not be too fond of each other towards the end. anyone who has read a newspaper in alberta in the last 3 years know this

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:36 AM
  #80
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventeen Twos View Post
so .. TOR-EDM are bad trading partners? I agree.

/thread
Yep. Dozens of people keep on saying it, but people keep on writing proposals.

Seriously, what could the two worst teams in the league possibly have to offer each other, which could benefit both sides so much?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:49 AM
  #81
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Not interested in Beauchemin, however I would take Komisarek and McKegg/D'Amigo
I'd be good with moving Komisarek. I don't however see Burke moving either of the prospects you mentioned. I'd assume he'd be looking more to add someone like Caputi.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:16 AM
  #82
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,511
vCash: 500
Oddly enough the hardest part of a deal like this is the fact that Burke openly blasted the Oilers for offer sheeting him. Burke's ego alone would not allow him to make a move for Penner. Sad but true. I know Lowe isn't the GM anymore btw.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:43 AM
  #83
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Obviously the opinion of fans means nothing when it comes to trades, but I like the idea of Komi + prospect for Penner, as the Leafs really need a top 6 forward with size, and if Edmonton fans like it too, could be a win/win. If it came down to one of McKegg or D'Amigo as that prospect, not really sure who I'd pick.
you wouldn't pick either cause you wouldn't get either

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:58 AM
  #84
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,511
vCash: 500
What about a bigger trade that included Souray as well? Obviously the Oilers would need to add something good as incentive for taking on that contract. I'm not a big fan of Souray and I'm sure many Leafs fans wouldn't want anything to do with him but he could help us in an area where we desperately need some help, on the PP. I just don't know if we've got the goaltending to justify having Sheldon on our blue line.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
  #85
Phaedrus
Registered User
 
Phaedrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,674
vCash: 500
Komi would go a long way to helping the Oilers' D... forget about Phaneuf - Burke will not trade him, and the Oilers' would not want him. Where would Komisarek fit? Partnered with Whitney perhaps?

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
  #86
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you wouldn't pick either cause you wouldn't get either
Then you don't get anyone from the Oilers. You have to give to get.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
  #87
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I know a number of people who do know him personally. Not that it holds wait on a forum, but I won't disguise my dislike for the man-child because I don't have a "source" either. He brings good physical tools to a team, even with his downfalls, he is a player worth having, aside from his personality.
so someone you know has talked to him. WOW. It's like your best friends. BTW your not very good at "disguising"

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
  #88
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
so someone you know has talked to him. WOW. It's like your best friends. BTW your not very good at "disguising"
I haven't tried to "disguise" it, read it again, I said I wouldn't. And I know multiple people (read, not just one), who KNOW him, not have spoken to him. Big difference.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.