HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac wants to stay in Hamilton all season long

Old
11-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The problem isn't MaxPac saying he wants to the develop, clearly the problem is MaxPac bashing the coaches decisions.
He's supposed to say he likes playing less than five minutes a game? He complained about how last year went and raved about how this year is going. He didn't "bash" anything. But of course the media says he should be run out of town and some folks just have to get on that bandwagon, it seems.

The simple fact is, even hockey players can be complex human beings and it is the coaches job to manage them, not the players job to protect the coach. I notice JM didn't take any offense to it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:42 AM
coolasprICE

What Max did was a bold move that can prove to increase his chances of top 6 or hurt his chances for a spot next year on the other end of the spectrum.

If he has a good camp his statements will push his case for top 6 duty... If JM puts him on the 4th line after a solid camp, JM will hear it from the media.... So the chips are on Max's side so long as he continues to progress and comes back next year looking ready for top 6.

However if someone else wins the top 6 spot, by his own admission, he won't be suitable for bottom 6 in the NHL... and it will make JM's case a lot easier to send him down since by his own admission he's not a 3rd or 4th liner....

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
No clearly the problem is a select few delusional fans claiming otherwise. I mean really it isn't even a read between the lines situation but even if it was it's hardly relevant. He bashed the coaches decisions plain and simple. He even went on to say JM lacked confidence in him and as a result ruined his confidence.

MaxPac is a big boy, he needs to grow up and stop blaming everyone else for his shortcomings. He hasn't been able to find the back of the net really in years even at the AHL level and is only really starting to show promise in that area now. Furthermore we all know he wasn't playing as well as he potential can when he came up in all areas of his game.

I love MaxPac but there comes a point where you need to use some common sense and not be deluded. I understand some people here have a man crush for the kid and rightfully so he has a lot of potential. But don't kid yourselves he bashed Martin.
No, in "reading between the lines" I get that he thinks he was rushed and not ready for some of the rols he was given nor the setback of then getting dropped to a 4th line. He was not ready mentally or physically to play at that level, so he's taking a step back so he is mentally and physically ready for his next opportunity.

Nowhere in there did I see him saying Jack Martin is a bad coach because he would kick me off the 1st or 2nd line and not allow me to take my lumps there even though I was struggling.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:51 AM
icerocket

To quote Jack Todd:

"Rookies should shut up!"

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:57 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I don't really agree that Montreal mismanages youth. The ones who cry and suck it up and flourish elsewhere are the players that would NEVER last in Montreal one way or another. They just don't have the balls for it. Carey Price came up, was sent down, lost his job, and he never complained, never asked to be traded, never whined. He's a man and it shows in his play today. He can do it here. Others can't.

I don't think Max was trying to bash Martin here either. Though he probably would like to rephrase what he said.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:07 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No, in "reading between the lines" I get that he thinks he was rushed and not ready for some of the rols he was given nor the setback of then getting dropped to a 4th line. He was not ready mentally or physically to play at that level, so he's taking a step back so he is mentally and physically ready for his next opportunity.

Nowhere in there did I see him saying Jack Martin is a bad coach because he would kick me off the 1st or 2nd line and not allow me to take my lumps there even though I was struggling.
Yeah but in the case of your last comment it is a question of reading between the lines imo. In some cases he actually said stuff which was clearly a bash, in other cases he was more careful but things were implied.

Look I'm not denying the media is taking it too far and even possibly putting some words in Max's mouth. But I'm just saying his immaturity in saying the things he said isn't imo something that will benefit his career. Not defending the media here in the slightest but we can't just say Max wasn't in anyways doing something bad here in bashing our coach.

Frankly what did you want him to say "I hate Martin he's a ***", obviously he was going to be a bit more savvy then that. He still bashed though. People need to read between the lines.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:10 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don't really agree that Montreal mismanages youth. The ones who cry and suck it up and flourish elsewhere are the players that would NEVER last in Montreal one way or another. They just don't have the balls for it. Carey Price came up, was sent down, lost his job, and he never complained, never asked to be traded, never whined. He's a man and it shows in his play today. He can do it here. Others can't.

I don't think Max was trying to bash Martin here either. Though he probably would like to rephrase what he said.
Maybe he wasn't trying to and maybe the media very well did put him on the spot. But he still said what he said and while he may wish he rephrased it, it isn't as cut and dry as Brassard. He said what he said and while he probably would like to go back and change a few things he isn't being misquoted and some of the interpretations people are complaining about are pretty common sense. No offense like I said I agree with many of your opinions in most cases, but I just find it a bit deluded to think Max didn't do anything wrong here. He definitely was bashing Martin at the very least a little bit.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Ginu

All he said is that he wanted to do what was best for his development, which is also best for the club. Staying in Hamilton just lets him grow as an offensive player, a top 6 guy. The Habs didn't draft him to be a 3rd or 4th liner. He wants to stay in Hamilton until he gets it right.He's doing all he needs to do to succeed. I would rather that than prospects dicking around and not being proactive. Just because he wants to stay in Hamilton doesn't mean he lacks motivation or he's dissing the coach. It's the opposite. He has plenty of it and wants to do it right for the coach and the team in general.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
All he said is that he wanted to do what was best for his development, which is also best for the club. Staying in Hamilton just lets him grow as an offensive player, a top 6 guy. The Habs didn't draft him to be a 3rd or 4th liner. He wants to stay in Hamilton until he gets it right.He's doing all he needs to do to succeed. I would rather that than prospects dicking around and not being proactive. Just because he wants to stay in Hamilton doesn't mean he lacks motivation or he's dissing the coach. It's the opposite. He has plenty of it and wants to do it right for the coach and the team in general.
I have a problem with a kid with not even 100 NHL games in his belt saying he shouldn't be playing on the 3rd or 4th line. I get what he was trying to say, but I don't like the way he said it, not really endearing himself to potential future teamates IMO.

I have no problem with what he said, moreso, with how he delivered it

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
To quote Jack Todd:

"Rookies should shut up!"
Well he's not a rookie so I guess he can talk.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Mag1328

There was no "ambush" here by the media.
The Bulldogs are in Montreal tonight, it's only normal that some media is looking to interview players as a preview to the game. Yesterday only, apart from Pacioretty, I also heard Ryan White and Frédéric St-Denis on the radio. It didn't seem to stir any trouble.

Pacioretty is off to a great start and it's no wonder people wanted to hear what he had to say. So having him on the air made plenty of sense. I've listened to the interview he gave Tony Marinaro three times and honestly, it's not like someone put words in his mouth. He intended to say all that stuff.

There are ways to speak your mind or be a breath of fresh air without antagonizing people in the organization you're playing for.

He'll learn from it, he'll keep it going, and if he keeps playing like that, who knows. He might get called up later on this year.

Last edited by Mag1328: 11-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I have a problem with a kid with not even 100 NHL games in his belt saying he shouldn't be playing on the 3rd or 4th line. I get what he was trying to say, but I don't like the way he said it, not really endearing himself to potential future teamates IMO.

After his development so far, I'm glad he spoke up. That to me shows character and determination. He's not the type to accept things not working out, he's going to do what it takes to succeed. That attitude is invaluable. He didn't say he shouldn't be playing on the 3rd or 4th line. He said being on the 3rd or 4th doesn't help his development and they didn't draft him for that. Read those words carefully, they mean completely different things.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Voyons ********, EVEN JM said that MaxPac said the right thing, and that in fact he was pleased that he wants to work on his game at the AHL level on top lines... some people just love spewing controversy out their *****, this board is as worse as RDS talkbacks sometimes... I know what he meant, I don't like the way he said it...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome

Eric Engels wrote a blog about this on CTV you guys should check it out, if it hasn't already been posted.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:

Jaysus fricking Christmas, these are hockey players not professional public speakers. So now we can attack our prospects for their phrasing?

The guy actually said he'd rather stay in the minors, making 10% of the money he'd make in the NHL, and develop properly to the maximum level possible so that when he comes up it's as an impact player not a 4th liner.

And we complain. Huge swaths of this fan base is almost as stupid as the media. At least the media get paid for stirring up stupid controversy. The fans complaining about a young guy stating the obvious are spitting into the wind.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:16 AM
JrHockeyFan

Why is it that so much time and effort is being expended to decode what Pacioretty is saying? Is reading between the lines really that much fun?

Whatever the result one gets from doing this exercise, you won't necessarily have come up with what the real intent or message was.
Maybe that is the attraction. Folks can poke in any idea they have that remotely fits

If the kid spends the year in Hamilton and comes out a better player for it, I could not care less about hidden messages

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

I liked his comments...top 6 or not interested....

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I wished he would have had the same maturity (or that the organization would have helped him be mature...) when it was time to decide between staying 1 more year in College and graduate because he had a good development camp....

Now, I don't have a problem with what he's saying. There are no hidden messages, it's pretty clear. He prefers Cunneyworth as a guy who will make him progress. Is clearly not a Martin fan but believes that when he'll have all the confidence in the world, that it will help him facing Martin. He does speak eloquently about Cunneyworth, he even did it as far as Carbo is concerned.....but not a whole lot about the actual coaching and it's not that hard to understand when we see how the rookies are/were handling themselves under Martin.

One thing I don't necessarily agree though. You could play on a strong 3rd line and learn and progress.

But if he believes that his progression goes through Hamilton, so be it. He knows it best.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I liked his comments...top 6 or not interested....
Survey says... not interested

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Jaysus fricking Christmas, these are hockey players not professional public speakers. So now we can attack our prospects for their phrasing?

The guy actually said he'd rather stay in the minors, making 10% of the money he'd make in the NHL, and develop properly to the maximum level possible so that when he comes up it's as an impact player not a 4th liner.

And we complain. Huge swaths of this fan base is almost as stupid as the media. At least the media get paid for stirring up stupid controversy. The fans complaining about a young guy stating the obvious are spitting into the wind.
Does't matter...who'se Max Pacioretty to say he shouldn't be playing on the 3rd or 4th line in the NHL. If he's in the NHL, he should be thankful for whatever position the coaching staff deems they need him in, how do you think players on the 3rd and 4th line today with the Habs feel about his comments? Hell, some of them have already responded negatively towards his comments.

Everyone has to pay their dues...and again, I agree in theory with what Pacioretty said, I just feel he went about it the wrong way, all he accomplished with his words was to alienate himself from the coaching staff and his future potential teamates.

I dont think what he said was terrible...I just didn't like it.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:58 AM
S2S
Come at me bros

Hi. I intern for the Dogs and I must say the killer P's look amazing every game and are looking dominant out there. I think this season can give them the confidence needed to really take a crack at top 6 or at least top 9 role next year. Also, Desharnais, Weber, Maxwell and Russell also look really strong.

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
After his development so far, I'm glad he spoke up. That to me shows character and determination. He's not the type to accept things not working out, he's going to do what it takes to succeed. That attitude is invaluable. He didn't say he shouldn't be playing on the 3rd or 4th line. He said being on the 3rd or 4th doesn't help his development and they didn't draft him for that. Read those words carefully, they mean completely different things.
Again, I don't disagree with what he said...I just feel he should of chosen his words more carefully. I realize PR may not be his strong suit, but still, he's not in a position to be making waves like this.

If Gauthier/Martin decide to call up Pacioretty today to play him on the 3rd line, what's he gonna do? Say no? Is that what he's saying?

Its obvious that he'd rather play in a top 6 role, what player wouldn't, but telling the coaching staff where he should be playing, for a player with so little clout, just isn't a smart move IMO.

Old
11-05-2010, 12:13 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Again, I don't disagree with what he said...I just feel he should of chosen his words more carefully. I realize PR may not be his strong suit, but still, he's not in a position to be making waves like this.

If Gauthier/Martin decide to call up Pacioretty today to play him on the 3rd line, what's he gonna do? Say no? Is that what he's saying?

Its obvious that he'd rather play in a top 6 role, what player wouldn't, but telling the coaching staff where he should be playing, for a player with so little clout, just isn't a smart move IMO.
If he can back up what he is saying it will help to sooth "the sense of entitlement" that I sense he feels.

I appreciate that he has a thought process of what he thinks it will take to make him a better player but the way he went about it publically just doesn't seem to smart.

I wish he would get called up now because I'd like your questions answered. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
If he can back up what he is saying it will help to sooth "the sense of entitlement" that I sense he feels.

I appreciate that he has a thought process of what he thinks it will take to make him a better player but the way he went about it publically just doesn't seem to smart.

I wish he would get called up now because I'd like your questions answered. LOL
My thoughts exactly...

Old
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
and the last 15 years we have been so strong.
Part of that is because the Canadiens have had an obsession of hot shotting players into roles they are not comfortable with. Saku Koivu is a perfect example. First it was trading Pierre Turgeon and expecting him to take the center role and next it was trading Vincent Damphousse to hand him the C. Instead of letting him play his game, they constantly expected him to take too much of a role too soon. People want to do it now with Eller, to trade Gomez and put him in the second center spot when he's had what, two goals in his entire NHL career?

Quote:
a hot goalie is the only good playoffs we have had.
Yes, goalies score a ton of goals for us. Thank god they have the best scoring goalies in the playoffs, or else they wouldn't get anywhere!

Quote:
Pyatt, Darch, Moen, Gill, Spacek, Halpern, Laps, Obryne are journey men, a dime a dozen.
You don't follow any other team in the NHL, do you? Pretty much shows. Your education on hockey stops at the CH. There are more journey men in the NHL than stars because there are less stars in the NHL than journeymen. Especially with the cap. What happens? Every team has journeymen! Guess you missed that...

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote