HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#12 - 11.04.2010 | New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-04-2010, 08:52 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
I really had cut the Flyers a lot of slack over the last few years. Tonight looked like a return to form. Dirty hockey.

Is Bobby Clarke giving pep talks to the team?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I don't get it Ive watched the game for a few decades now...is there a rule in the ref CBA that says they cannot be disciplined for even the most ******** calls or non calls? dont duck????? are you ****ing ******** me?

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Stay classy.

I don't care how much I dislike a team, you don't wish that sort of thing on anybody.

Good game rangers fans, I look foward to our december meeting. Always fun watching the Rangers and Flyers play.
Its tough to stay classy when the other team has no semblance of the same idea.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:53 PM
FOXHOUND*

Anyone who didn't see this stinker coming has only been watching the Rangers starting this year

On a win streak? Check
Receive Accolades of great play? Check
Coming off big win? Check
Absolute **** Show of a game? CHECK

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Am I missing the don't duck comment?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
savebyrichter420

And not for nothing but if the refs didn't see the hit then where do they come off telling Feds the reason it wasn't a penalty was because he shouldn't have ducked, I thought they didn't see it? Or I guess they did and it just wasn't a penalty because of said BS reason

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
vladmyir111

I wish I had a job that had no standards whatsoever and I could never be disciplined in that would be fing sweet.

Old
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Its tough to stay classy when the other team has no semblance of the same idea.

QFMFT

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Stay classy.

I don't care how much I dislike a team, you don't wish that sort of thing on anybody.

Good game rangers fans, I look foward to our december meeting. Always fun watching the Rangers and Flyers play.
your fellow fans and media hacks perpetuate all of the tough guy BS persona that you love. Blind side high hits by your boys carcillo and richards get you all hot and bothered... until it happens your boys.

it's gonna come around on you guys big time sooner or later...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
I turned it off right after the final buzzer so I can play NHL11 and hit people. I either missed this or it was said during post game. Please elaborate
The refs more or less blamed Fedotenko for being hit by Carcillo and said that he shouldn't have ducked.

It's insanely frustrating because Carcillo has a history of delivering headshots and the league wants players to refrain from taking advantage of when a player is in a vulnerable position. Letting Carcillo off the hook there was ridiculous.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Stay classy.

A Philadelphia fan telling someone to stay classy. Now I've seen it all.

**** off.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:56 PM
FOXHOUND*

and to piggyback on my previous point, I mean they wanted to be more consistent this year. they certainly are consistently letting us down

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
I hate the Flyers more than any NHL team in the league. Losing to them puts me in such a bad mood, just because they're so dirty and disgusting. Watching them push us around makes me so angry.

I was expecting the Rangers to come out flying after that loss from last season. I figured it would be bothering them, that they could use those bad memories as motivation to really beat this team down.

Rangers disappointed a lot of fans tonight. I hate, hate, hate losing to the Flyers. Rangers are a tough team? They played like a bunch of pansies tonight.
i share your anger but how did they play like pansies? they were fine in the tough guy dept. they lost the game in every other area.

surprised to see how they just gave up in the third. Let's face it, there's not that much talent on this NYR team right now and hard work is only going to get you so far against the top teams.

Fyers just too deep right now for us.

Old
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
your fellow fans and media hacks perpetuate all of the tough guy BS persona that you love. Blind side high hits by your boys carcillo and richards get you all hot and bothered... until it happens your boys.

it's gonna come around on you guys big time sooner or later...
Closest thing its ever come to coming around is pelle getting wrecked...otherwise love taps are a 2 minute penalty so dont hold your breath.

Old
Punxrocknyc19*

Torts has praise for Prust we need more grit on this team boogy aint doing it

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Closest thing its ever come to coming around is pelle getting wrecked...otherwise love taps are a 2 minute penalty so dont hold your breath.
listen i don't wish death and injury on players, but the flyers will get theirs. If you start targeting Briere, Giroux, Carter, Richards... their skill players, they'll think twice.

Old
11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Provolone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Am I missing the don't duck comment?
They talked to Fedotanko in the locker room and he said the refs said "don't duck" when he asked why that wasn't a penalty.

I like what torts is saying: "Don't bother sending the tapes (illegal hit) during the offseason" and love his praise of Prust and calling out other people that should be doing what he IS.

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:00 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
listen i don't wish death and injury on players, but the flyers will get theirs. If you start targeting Briere, Giroux, Carter, Richards... their skill players, they'll think twice.
They wont because it will be ridiculous penalties on us...we seem to lack the penalty free head-shot skill on our team

Old
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

So I didnt see the game, and from what I understand there was a blindside/hit to the head with no call.

Just for everyones information, Joe Thornton got ejected from the game for blindsiding (not like him at all IMO) tonight. Anyhow, I bring this up because how can one games refs do nothing while another gives out the mandatory 5min major plus the game misconduct?

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

what did torts say about sending in the tapes?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
NikC

christensen may have flashes of talent but if the guy isn't scoring (which he doesn't do that often) he's absolutely worthless out there.

We can play our youth and develop, etc. etc. but this bargain basement center situation has got to go. I realize there are injuries, now at this position, but they really need to make a move to bring a #1 in here this season.

Old
11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
DrZoidberg

Quote:
i share your anger but how did they play like pansies? they were fine in the tough guy dept. they lost the game in every other area.
Where was Avery tonight? Boogaard fought Shelly, yeah, but for what reason? Should have been another fight. Prust fought, yeah, everyone loves the guy, but he didn't really show anger toward Carcillo. There was no real emotion, no **** talking. As soon as Fedotenko got hurt, they should have pounded the little rat so bad he'd have to leave the game. Dubinsky is supposed to be a tough guy too, where was the fight? He was there last season to experience that loss. Everyone but Boogaard was there. They should have been angrier, hungrier. It's disappointing to a fan. The team didn't reflect the fans' anger. I've been looking forward to a matchup with the Flyers since the last game of last season and this was probably one of the worst possible outcomes. Extremely disappointing.

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Unpredictable1

Anyone that thinks Boogey is going to fight Carcillo is ********. He did his job in getting in his face a few times. I swear if he had to drop him there would be punks on here crying why did he go after someone so much smaller than him. There's no winning with some on here.

Prust did well in fighting him since they're in the same weight class. He really handed it to him too. Good fight.

Without Boogey in this game, we leave with a loss, someone else injured outside of Callahan, and a few others with black eyes.

All this time everyone calling for toughness on the team and now you have Boogey out there looking to grab everyone - now you're crying fowl. Penalties come with that side of the game, some against you too, deal with it. So much hypocrisy it's not even funny.

Del Zotto, as much as I love the guy - needs to sit a game. I've seen enough that a warm seat in the stands will smarten him up. He's too comfortable.

Hank - sick of seeing sharp angle goals on you. I'm a goalie homer, I've played the pipes for many years, but this crap has got to stop.

Eminger - thanks for another good showing, you might convince some of the haters you are a legit #5 or 6 guy. But that's a hard fight to endure and you'll most likely never succeed.

Sauer - I liked, actually still like, Gilroy but Sauer has to stay in over him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Grachev - liked what I seen so far - keep it up in your limited ice time.

Frolov - finally had more jump to his game, but got nothing to show for it. It's whether or not he brings it again tomorrow night.

That was a PUNK move by Timmonen on Callahan. Absolute crap, the fact it went uncalled is even worse.

That is all.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tomobson

a confident christensen is fun to watch. hopefully he can hang on to it.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
So I didnt see the game, and from what I understand there was a blindside/hit to the head with no call.

Just for everyones information, Joe Thornton got ejected from the game for blindsiding (not like him at all IMO) tonight. Anyhow, I bring this up because how can one games refs do nothing while another gives out the mandatory 5min major plus the game misconduct?
absolutely! timmonen shoves callahan head first into the boards... notthing called.

Boogard love taps a flyer, immediate penalty.

the Carcillo elbow on Fedentenko was just disgusting.

Rangers lost this game first and foremost, but the flyers got some assistance from the 3rd team on the ice tonight. that's the way it goes sometimes...