HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#12 - 11.04.2010 | New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
DrZoidberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I saw the exact opposite. I was impressed by the scrap after Wellwood ran Lundy, and thought that was definitely something different than last year. I though Prust stood up for the team well. I would have liked to see Boogy go run Timonen though.
It was a small little scrap, I guess. But it wasn't nasty. I wanted it to be nasty. The Flyers get away with too much to see a small little scrum after those incidents. Prust was the only one who did anything. No real fighting after the game, either. The Rangers just walked off the ice with their heads down.

Send a message.

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Provolone*

I just looked up Carcillo's stats and he had 324 pims in 57 games for the 07 Coyotes

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Wellwood was tripped by Sauer (?) and slid into Hank. There's no way he could've avoided that.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:27 PM
OverTheCap

The Rangers didn't forecheck as hard as they have in the past few games. They weren't trying to generate turnovers in the neutral zone or the Flyers' end of the ice.

This is the first time since the Colorado game that the Rangers have really struggled offensively. Whenever they had a scoring chance, which was rare, they ripped it wide or shot it in the goalie's chest. Instead of taking a shot on goal, they would get too fancy-schmancy with the passing.

The officiating was awful, probably the worst I've seen all season, but with the way they played offensively, they wouldn't have had much of chance anyway. Luckily, the Devils have a tough time stopping the forecheck, so the Rangers should have an easier time tomorrow night.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I agree with you completely, but I do think the game we played is not demonstrated by the score. I think we played a solid game sans a few iffy spots, plus bad officiating. I'm absolutely upset we didn't win, and I am upset that we didn't see more rough housing, but we played a hard game- we just didn't play dirty.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Oh yeah, not calling Carcillo's obvious head shot on Feds didn't have any effect.

Or Timmonen's push on Callahan.

OR calling Boogaards poke and not calling Shelleys hit to the head.

It's called momentum. I'd say "what if Prust kneed Giroux in the face and wasn't called for it, how'd you feel?" but Prust isn't a ****ing goon like half of your team, so he wouldn't do that.
well the easy thing to do is sit back and blame the refs but when you get down to the game no one had any significant advantages except the flyers were scoring and the rangers werent.

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
....All in all, sad with the loss, but still happy with the team even with the 4-1 score. Bobrovsky made some real good saves.
Yes, I agree. Some folks seem to think Bobrovsky could have won with a blindfold on. Not the case from what I saw.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Wow, are you ever 180 degrees from my opinion. The rest of what you state looks self-apparent and does not require any embellishment (and nobody would argue it because it is true) but what you wrote above is silly.

Boogaard is toughness. Now, I'll be darned.

You're right about Prust. His fight had passion. He actually was angry and said to hell with it. I wonder why this kind of stuff has to be discussed. I mean, why wouldn't most of the Rangers just want to fight a Flyer, just for the justice of it?
Not sure what you meant by the beginning but we're allowed to argue on the internets, it's for retards like you and me. You have your opinion and I have mine.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
It was a small little scrap, I guess. But it wasn't nasty. I wanted it to be nasty. The Flyers get away with too much to see a small little scrum after those incidents. Prust was the only one who did anything. No real fighting after the game, either. The Rangers just walked off the ice with their heads down.

Send a message.
Avery did fight Carcillo last year and Prust did it tonight to protect teammates. But I get what your saying. The guy that needs to send the message to Carcillo is Boogaard. Considering that is the only reason he is on this team. And players are scared of him because he can legit hurt people.

Boogey should of went after Carcillo at the end of the game. Who cares if gets penalized & thrown out. The game was lost.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
well the easy thing to do is sit back and blame the refs but when you get down to the game no one had any significant advantages except the flyers were scoring and the rangers werent.
Oh I agree, Bobrovsky definitely made some awesome saves (highlighted that in my previous post). I'm just upset that the momentum of the game could've been completely different if it was officiated differently, which is big for teams like us who grind out for wins.

Still think the no-call on the hit on Feds is absolutely ****ing nuts though.

Old
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

No real surprises here for me tonight.

We should have played Biron. Not that I think Hank lost the game for us.

Horrible officiating against The Rangers in Philly...shocker!!

We're not ready for a team that is physical AND has skill.

We never really tested their goalie.

We need to play these games though, and NOT bench the guys that made mistakes. We need to keep sending them out there to figure out how to get it done against teams like this. It was not crucial to win this game.

One thought that did enter my head during the game: What kind of a deal did philly give Zherdev?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
One thought that did enter my head during the game: What kind of a deal did philly give Zherdev?
1 Year, $2 mill.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
1 Year, $2 mill.
Wasn't he looking for like $4m per year from the Rangers?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Wasn't he looking for like $4m per year from the Rangers?
I think he was awarded 3.9 and Slats walked away. Might be mistaken.

Old
11-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

let me remind you ....zherdev is not good and our team did have an off night but dont let it fool you....they are BUILDING an identity

which represents their hardworking and in your face style....regardless of the way we sometimes WISH they would play....zherdev doesnt even fit in theory of this identity....hes a soft player who shows up for about a third of the season

Id rather have this team filled with prusts and callys and boyles than with another bum like zherdev

he wouldnt help this team get from a to b let alone to the stanley cup finals

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
let me remind you ....zherdev is not good and our team did have an off night but dont let it fool you....they are BUILDING an identity

which represents their hardworking and in your face style....regardless of the way we sometimes WISH they would play....zherdev doesnt even fit in theory of this identity....hes a soft player who shows up for about a third of the season

Id rather have this team filled with prusts and callys and boyles than with another bum like zherdev

I totally agree. Penalties tonight got them away from their game. But either way, Zherdev is not a fit for this team. Frolov is enough.

Old
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Not sure what you meant by the beginning but we're allowed to argue on the internets, it's for retards like you and me. You have your opinion and I have mine.
I know. I rarely argue. This game got me really angry. I felt good when I turned it on, but seeing the Flyers act like their true selves just makes me want to see retribution rain down on them. If not tonight, and if not from the hand of NYR, from some other team on some other night.
And I wish I could throw rotting food at the officials of tonight's games, and simultaneously at Bettman, Daly and Campbell.
I wonder if they have any idea how bush league things are, or care.

It is my own special, personal rant tonight, but I simply get angry seeing #94 (I'm now trying to forget his name) because he stinks. He has no purpose, no passion, no skill.

Yes, I am a retard, like yourself.

cheers

Old
11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

I think there was a lot to be happy with from this night. IMO, this is the first time we lost without playing like garbage. I'd rather play a good game and lose than give the other team the game on a platter. I won't argue about the officiating tonight for this point, but I do think we can beat the Flyers- they definitely didn't show themselves to be leaps and bounds better than us. We played an excellent first period and kind of backed off later on in the game, but the Flyers are a team in the same style as us and I'm not upset (past not gooning it up to counteract Goonadelphia ) with how we played at all.

Old
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Sorry for the lousy post. For some reason, when I quote a message, it does not get added to my post.

Time for a reboot, I guess (after all, I'm using Windows)

Old
11-04-2010, 10:15 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

Thank you.

I was so ecastic seeing Zherdev gone. So happy that Slats said good riddance. Say what you like about Sather, but his dislike of Zherdev was well-founded, and I applaud Slats for that.
We know, those of us who did not whine and grovel for the return of Z, that he is a guy who does not fit any team in the NHL. I actually wonder how he really would help a single team in the NHL.

And, to be clear, it is not a case of not yet rising to the ability he has, and that with more work and opportunity he will reach it. He has reached his ability ceiling. His problem is attitude and work ethic. He will go no further. He is at his ceiling.

Just watch the Flyers look for any and every opportunity to dump Zherdev.

Old
11-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Miffed at a few things about this game;

I figured we would lose, but I didn't expect a former ranger party against us.

Del Zotto and Lundqvist each gave Philly a goal.

Our offense was stagnant, but with 3 of our top 6 offensive threats out, that is to be expected once in a while.

Need to get fired up and win the game tommorrow vs Jersey.

And i'm incredibly pissed at the fashion in which the Red Bulls season ended.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
The "Bob" could have read War and Peace in net and not have missed anything
nice job
Agreed on the bad officiating guys, the Boogey love tap was terrible. But we'll take it, we're usually on the wrong end. See you next game.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
ThisYearsModel

Torts kept it together.......but he was tested. He was right about Carcillo. If Avery had done that he would have been given 5 and a game. The ref telling Fedotenko not to duck.....ha.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

As disappointed as this game was, if you tell me in August that we're playing the Hawks and Flyers back to back and we're down Gaborik, Drury, and Prospal and we go 1-1, I'm pretty happy.

I just wish the officiating, from game to game, was a lot more consistent. The NHL is getting really frustrating to watch and maybe Center Ice is a curse - because I see how differently every game is called. It's mind-boggling.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Was at the game and oh my that Bob chant is pathetic. Cant wait to light him up when we`re at home so we can make a mock chant of "Bob". When we play them again with Gaborik and at home we should be able to beat them. Bad game all around, one of the only positives was Prusts physicality.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote