HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jakob Silfverberg - SEL Champion and Playoffs MVP

Old
03-22-2012, 11:32 AM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
That was before he emerged as the top player in the SEL.

We don't have 6 guys who have cemented themselves in the top 6.
I don't even know if we have 5 guys who can be looked at as locks in the top 6. Turris, Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, maybe Greening. There's definitely a spot open.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
That was before he emerged as the top player in the SEL.

We don't have 6 guys who have cemented themselves in the top 6.
Yupp, the Senators will have 2-3 "cemented" top 6 guys when camp opens next year.

The following players will be competing for a top-6 spot:
Silfverberg
Zibanejad
Stone (Sounds far-fetched, but Sens brass fully expect him to)
Greening
Regin (if he's around)
Petersson
Da Costa
Foligno
Turris

Anything can happen, but Silfverberg will definitely have a good chance of scoring a role on the top 2 lines. The team needs him to.

Proust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I don't even know if we have 5 guys who can be looked at as locks in the top 6. Turris, Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, maybe Greening. There's definitely a spot open.
It's ideal if Greening isn't in the top 6...although it's not that bad a deal if he is among players who much more skilled than he is.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Depends entirely in what role he's put in and what line he plays on. From what i understand Ottawa has him penciled in for the third line? At least that's the impression i've gotten from reading posts on this board. If that's the case then i think 40-50 is a bit far fetched.
probably top 6. He have two spots open so either Greening,Dacosta, Butler, Regin, Zibby or Silfverberg will fight for it and the other will probably be filled via UFA....

empty (hopefully ufa) - Spezza - Michalek
empty(Zibby/Regin/Silfver) - Turris - Alfie

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
What can we expect from him for next year? Is a 40-50 point rookie year realistic?
I think, or at least beleive that he will be in the top 6 next season. We lack two top 6 LW's and since Silf is a LW I expect him to get a lot of time there over the course of the season.

Depnds too if he is able to clearly seperate himself from the rest of the guys that often play LW in our top 6. Foligno, Greening and sometimes Condra.

I think 30 points is very realistic and depending on other circumstances I think we could see 40.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I don't see Greening as a lock for the top 6 at all. He hasn't really established himself clearly from Foligno, Condra and Butler this year. Granted he's been the best of the bunch, but not by a whole lot.

Ideally we have Greening on our 3rd line next season.

I think we have two top 6 winger positions open right now. Both are LW depending if we move MM back to LW or not though.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Rumcajs

Im hoping for a Seguin esque three year process (even though hes on year two here is the point).

1. Get a feel for the league and the team. 30 points
2. Skill begins to set in. 40-45 points.
3. Reliable player, still prone to mistakes but lean on me kinda player. 50 +

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 06:14 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Im hoping for a Seguin esque three year process (even though hes on year two here is the point).

i think you mean karlsson like progression

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:19 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Some Swedes think he can hit 50+

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

I'm excited to see this guy play.
And for a Leafs fan to say that... it means something.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:30 AM
snipeit

I'm still mad over that his team eliminate Frölunda but he's good, great I would say and I hope he goes to NA next season.

snipeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Honestly, it appears that a whole new generation of great Swedes are on the way.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo19 View Post
I'm excited to see this guy play.
And for a Leafs fan to say that... it means something.
Leaf fans like Zibanejad, some seem to more than many Sens fans do.

Leaf fans love Karlsson...who can blame em.

Now Leaf fans getting excited about Silfverberg.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
newfy

How does Calle Jarnkrok compare to Silfverberg, both play on the same team and are only one year apart

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
How does Calle Jarnkrok compare to Silfverberg, both play on the same team and are only one year apart
Järnkrok i more of a play maker and has a weaker and more inacurate shot than Silfverberg. Although that might not tell you much because Silfverbergs shot is really on another planet. Silfverberg is good at reading the play, but is not really near Järnkroks level. Järnkrok posseses that mysterious thing called "hockey sense" and has loads of it to boot. Brynäs has the best power pay in the league and much of that runs through Järnkrok.

When Järnkrok is really on his game, some nights, he looks like the puppet master and the other team just has to dance at his will. That is imo what sets him apart from Silfverberg the most and wich leads me to believe his upside is higher. Their skating is on par although Järnkrok has better latteral movement and is better at sliping through holes in the other teams defense. He is however, weaker defensively than Silfverberg, and much of that can be attributed to his rather modest frame. He gets pushed arround a lot in the defensive zone but when he gets hold of the puck it often leads to a chance the other way. Silfverberg also posseses that game changing ability that Järnkrok does not, at least not to the same extent. Silfverberg also has very good leadership qualities that Järnkrok seems to lack.

Both are prone to dissapear at times in games but often recover well and are able to give Brynäs the W.

Hope that helps.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:18 AM
JAS 39 Gripen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Järnkrok i more of a play maker and has a weaker and more inacurate shot than Silfverberg. Although that might not tell you much because Silfvrbergs shot is really on another planet. Silfverberg is good at reading the play, but is not really near Järnkroks level. Järnkrok posseses that mysterious thing called "hockey sense" and has loads of it to boot. Brynäs has the best power pay in the league and much of that runs through Järnkrok.

When Järnkrok is really on his game, some nights, he looks like the puppet master and the other team just has to dance at his will. That is imo what sets him apart from Silfverberg the most and wich leads me to believe his upside is higher. Their skating is on par although Järnkrok has better latteral movement and is better at sliping through holes in the other teams defense. He is however, weaker defensively than Silfverberg, and much of that can be attributed to his rather modest frame. He gets pushed arround a lot in the defensive zone but when he gets hold of the puck it often leads to a chance the other way. Silfverberg also posseses that game changing ability that Järnkrok does not, at least not to the same extent. Silfverberg also has very good leadership qualities that Järnkrok seems to lack.

Both are prone to dissapear at times in games but often recover well and are able to give Brynäs the W.

Hope that helps.
Agree with everything except the last part bout Järnkrok not being a gamechanger. I think he is

JAS 39 Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
Agree with everything except the last part bout Järnkrok not being a gamechanger. I think he is
Oh he is. Last night is a good example. Järnkrok set up the play and then scored the goal that eventually gave Brynäs the win and let us advance through to the finals. He just does not have it to the same extent as Silfverberg. But that is just my personal opinion. Silfverberg just always seems to come through when Brynäs needs him the most.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post

I think with Silfverberg, the process will be much quicker, as his game is relatively developed versus an 18 year old Seguin. By his 2nd year in the league, I think we'll have a clear idea of what type of player he is going to be over his career. I think he'll be much better than Seguin as a rookie (part of that was the Bruins not giving Seguin too much ice time), but I also think his upside is obviously not as high.

I personally think he'll likely score 15-20 next year. If he doesn't play on our top 6 next year, it won't be for lack of opportunity to stick there.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 07:18 AM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarSv View Post
I'm still mad over that his team eliminate Frölunda but he's good, great I would say and I hope he goes to NA next season.
Is this käringön fc oscar by chance?

The Sweetness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Who are Jakob's linemates?

Trvp Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Who are Jakob's linemates?
If I am not mistaken it's Järnkrok and the third is different from time to time, think it's Wännström right now. Johan Larsson too sometimes I guess.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
If I am not mistaken it's Järnkrok and the third is different from time to time, think it's Wännström right now. Johan Larsson too sometimes I guess.
Thank you sir.

Trvp Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Kershaw

Wow I was watching a stream of Brynas and I came out very impressed with his place. I think he's in good hands with the system up there in Ottawa. Silfverberg, Karlsson, Zibanejad, and Lehner, WOW!

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Yup. And earlier in the season and I believe at the start of the playoffs it was often Lavander as the third wheel.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Guy is playing amazing in the playoffs , looks like hes on another level

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote