HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jakob Silfverberg - SEL Champion and Playoffs MVP

Old
03-07-2012, 06:40 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Hope he has a deep playoff run, it'll be his last in the SEL for a while..

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I've been really impressed with Silfverberg this year. He's been the best skater in the league and quite easily so IMO. Will be good to see what he will do at the WC
Just to clarify, you're not talking about his actual skating here. Or am I wrong?

Järnkrok's ceiling is higher, but Silfverberg is the way safer bet to have a long NHL career, I'd say.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Just to clarify, you're not talking about his actual skating here. Or am I wrong?

Järnkrok's ceiling is higher, but Silfverberg is the way safer bet to have a long NHL career, I'd say.
Think he means non-goalie
Have to agree with Järnkrok having a higher ceiling aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if he is over a point per game next season.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Think he means non-goalie
Have to agree with Järnkrok having a higher ceiling aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if he is over a point per game next season.
Curious to how you see Johan Larsson as a comparison to those other two guys. He has put up similar numbers to Ironhook, and is a year younger. Plus, he is a bit of tank from having watched him - he might thrive on the NA ice. Seems like a good leader as well, having captain the WJC gold medal team.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Curious to how you see Johan Larsson as a comparison to those other two guys. He has put up similar numbers to Ironhook, and is a year younger. Plus, he is a bit of tank from having watched him - he might thrive on the NA ice. Seems like a good leader as well, having captain the WJC gold medal team.
You are right in what you say, but his skill is nowhere close to Järnkrok or even Silfverberg, I'd say. He's probably the most hard-working, intensive out of the three, though. Or not "probably", he is.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Sif

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
well, you likely get to find out next year.
Järnkrok isn't going anywhere and I assume they'll make some offseason pickups to replace Silfver, so I doubt it'll be comparable.

Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Larsson have indicated that he's leaving for Minnesota organisation.
Bad move for him imo. I think he should stay at least another year in the SEL, and become a dominant player here before he leaves.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Bad move for him imo. I think he should stay at least another year in the SEL, and become a dominant player here before he leaves.
I think so too, he is most likely going to see a lot of time in the AHL next year.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Stefan G:son ‏ @steffeG
Linemate Calle Järnkrok on Jakob Silfverberg's NHL chances for next year: "I think he'll go in there and dominate."
Kids...

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:48 AM
reliken

Silfverberg just won the league MVP award (Guldhjälmen) voted by the players of the SEL.

reliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 06:36 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post

Not talking about skating ability As someone else said.. non-goalie

And I do agree with your second paragraph even though I think both will be quality NHLers for a long time

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:05 AM
4thliner*

Dude's gotta be a favorite for the calder next year especially with Ottawa huge need for a couple of top 6 scoring wingers on their top 2 lines.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:08 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Dude's gotta be a favorite for the calder next year especially with Ottawa huge need for a couple of top 6 scoring wingers on their top 2 lines.
i am a sens fan and i dont think he is a favourite. When you got potentiall tarasenko, granlund, huberdeau, yakupov and others it is hard to say who the "Favourite" is

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:08 AM
WayneBruce

Quote:
But he´s up against Huberdeau, Granlund, Yakupov and maybe Grigorenko/Kuznetsov/Tarasenko.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
But he´s up against Huberdeau, Granlund, Yakupov and maybe Grigorenko/Kuznetsov/Tarasenko.
Nah, he can be as good as any of them.

Plus he will most likely play with a premier C like Spezza making the transition easier. None of the rest save maybe Kusnetsov has even a remote possibility of a line mate like that.

And EK feeding you the puck.

Plus he will be like 20/21 and ready to go. It is a can't miss.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
I'd just be happy with 35 to 45 points if he plays a full season. A lot of Sens fans expectations with this kid are ridiculous. Rundblad's hype should have taught us to be reserved with our expectations.

Yea they're different players but the lessons learned shouldn't be ignored.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Nah, he can be as good as any of them.

Plus he will most likely play with a premier C like Spezza making the transition easier. None of the rest save maybe Kusnetsov has even a remote possibility of a line mate like that.

And EK feeding you the puck.

Plus he will be like 20 and ready to go. It is a can't miss.
Just like Runbland who was suppose to win the calder right?

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
4thliner*

Rundblad was rushed and everyone including their 5 year old knew he needed more time in the A to learn how to play D.

Heck even EK got a 10 game stint there as a rookie but Rundblad was somehow a no go in the A.

Silverberg does not play such a demanding position like D or even C to break in the NHL.

Big difference.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
derriko

vCash: 50
dude, come on. Yes Silfverberg might be very slightly better than Yakupov because he's 3 years older, but people will hold that against Silf. He would have to score more by a good margin to beat out a number one pick and potential superstar. It's just not going to happen unless Yakupov busts.

The other guys I could agree with having about equal chances to succeed, unless Kuznetsov plays with Backstrom. I also don't think Silf will be put into that top wing spot initially. I think he will probably see time in the AHL (probably a short stint) Unfortunately for Jakob, MacLean seems to like Greening and I bet barring any UFA signings that Greening is back on that first line. Jakob's spot eventually will be the second line LW and I could see him getting 40 points next year, but thats just not enough.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
dude, come on. Yes Silfverberg might be very slightly better than Yakupov because he's 3 years older, but people will hold that against Silf. He would have to score more by a good margin to beat out a number one pick and potential superstar. It's just not going to happen unless Yakupov busts.

The other guys I could agree with having about equal chances to succeed, unless Kuznetsov plays with Backstrom. I also don't think Silf will be put into that top wing spot initially. I think he will probably see time in the AHL (probably a short stint) Unfortunately for Jakob, MacLean seems to like Greening and I bet barring any UFA signings that Greening is back on that first line. Jakob's spot eventually will be the second line LW and I could see him getting 40 points next year, but thats just not enough.
If MacLeans loves Greening so much I doubt Butler would see a lot of time on that top line and Greening switching between lines 3 and 1.

Silveberg brings a lot more tools and skill set that Greening can't, especially the hockeysense top 6 forwards are expected to posses.

I agree Yakupov will be a hard to beat, even on his own. But we just don't know how good Silveberg is/can be especially with the potential to run with Spezza.

Ottawa's top 6 wingers are a joke IMO...only legit guys right now are 40 year old Alfie and Michalek who is healthy for the first time ever.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
BondraTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

The fact that we literally have nobody else to put on the first line with Spezza, and Maclean has still gone long stretches with other possible suitors tells us that he would prefer to have someone better equipped on that line then Greening.

I would be happy with 35-40 points from him

BondraTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:33 AM
SpezDispenser

I dunno and don't really care about the Calder right now, but man, is this kid ever looking exciting for Ottawa.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I'd just be happy with 35 to 45 points if he plays a full season. A lot of Sens fans expectations with this kid are ridiculous. Rundblad's hype should have taught us to be reserved with our expectations.

Yea they're different players but the lessons learned shouldn't be ignored.
no it isnt a "lot of sens fans" it is the same fans who hype up our prospects like crazy and then defend them to no end in every thread. it just looks like a "lot"

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
no it isnt a "lot of sens fans" it is the same fans who hype up our prospects like crazy and then defend them to no end in every thread. it just looks like a "lot"
Of the active posters on the Sens forum quite a few have sky high expectations for Silfverberg.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Grado
it's yersal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I'd just be happy with 35 to 45 points if he plays a full season. A lot of Sens fans expectations with this kid are ridiculous.
I'd be happy if he manages to stay in the NHL for the season. The best thing we can do is to put up bunkbeds at Alfie's for Karlsson and Silfverberg. Let him learn from the best.

Grado is offline   Reply With Quote