HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sit/Start Week 9

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2010, 02:07 PM
  #1
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Sit/Start Week 9

Got a tough one on my hands:

Eli Manning @Seattle or Mike Vick vs. Indy?

Both teams coming off bye weeks, Vick is apparently 100% but Eli has the more favorable match up (Seattle's 29th ranked pass defense).

Vick has more upside, but Eli is the much safer bet right?

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
  #2
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Seattle plays much better at home which is something to consider. But with Kolb healthy and playing fairly well (and Vick coming back off injury) I think you run some risk of Vick not playing the entire game. I don't think Vick's slight upside makes up for Eli's safety.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
  #3
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Seattle plays much better at home which is something to consider. But with Kolb healthy and playing fairly well (and Vick coming back off injury) I think you run some risk of Vick not playing the entire game. I don't think Vick's slight upside makes up for Eli's safety.
I'll go on the other side here, I'd roll the dice with Vick. Seattle being at home is the main reason, and I'm fairly confident in Vick lasting the game.

Hopefully I"m wrong though, I'm going against Vick this week.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
  #4
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
hasselback isnt playing, seattle's run game is doing terribly. I'm confident the giants will run run run all day.

something tells me that eli isnt getting more than one touchdown, because after that happens, the giants wont need to be throwing.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
  #5
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
hasselback isnt playing, seattle's run game is doing terribly. I'm confident the giants will run run run all day.

something tells me that eli isnt getting more than one touchdown, because after that happens, the giants wont need to be throwing.
You won't think the Giants will try and exploit Seattle's bad secondary? Even if they do run a lot, I think there's potential for a few big plays with guys with speed like Nicks, Smith, and Manningham.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:04 AM
  #6
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
You won't think the Giants will try and exploit Seattle's bad secondary? Even if they do run a lot, I think there's potential for a few big plays with guys with speed like Nicks, Smith, and Manningham.
i`m a giants fan, so i might be biased, but i simply dont think they`ll need to. Seattle is going to have a real hard time scoring points on the giants. I`m sure passing will be involved early, but once the giants get the lead they need, i think we`ll see bradshaw and jacobs all day.


anyways, here's the various questions i have this week.


1.
Matt Ryan (TB) or Matt Stafford (NYJ).
- really leaning towards ryan here, because the jets are the jets. I've got megatron on this roster so even if stafford goes off, chances are i dont go home empty handed.

2.
Ryan Mathews (@HOU), Lagarette Blount (ATL), Jahvid Best (NYJ) (pick one)
- leaning towards mathews here. not really confident in best vs the jets, and houston is more runable than atlanta. Tolbert is obviously the thing that may leave me regretting this one. Gates is looking like he's out, so i have to think rivers is going to have to throw to SOMEONE, why not mathews?

3. Pierre Garcon (PHI), Jeremy Maclin (IND), Desean Jackson (IND) (pick 2)
- now that desean looks to be playing, this is a really tough decision for me. Not leaning in any way here.


Last edited by danishh: 11-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
  #7
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i`m a giants fan, so i might be biased, but i simply dont think they`ll need to. Seattle is going to have a real hard time scoring points on the giants. I`m sure passing will be involved early, but once the giants get the lead they need, i think we`ll see bradshaw and jacobs all day.


anyways, here's the various questions i have this week.


1.
Matt Ryan (TB) or Matt Stafford (NYJ).
- really leaning towards ryan here, because the jets are the jets. I've got megatron on this roster so even if stafford goes off, chances are i dont go home empty handed.

2.
Ryan Mathews (@HOU), Lagarette Blount (ATL), Jahvid Best (NYJ) (pick one)
- leaning towards mathews here. not really confident in best vs the jets, and houston is more runable than atlanta. Tolbert is obviously the thing that may leave me regretting this one. Gates is looking like he's out, so i have to think rivers is going to have to throw to SOMEONE, why not mathews?

3. Pierre Garcon (PHI), Jeremy Maclin (IND), Desean Jackson (IND) (pick 2)
- now that desean looks to be playing, this is a really tough decision for me. Not leaning in any way here.
Those are some tough calls, but I think you should be fine pretty much any way you go. I like Ryan slightly over Stafford, but I think it's close and both will be average this week. Love Stafford the rest of the way though, top ten guy after this week. With the WR I would go Garcon and Maclin. Starting 2 WR's from one team can be risky, so I think Garcon is the safest choice.

RB's are tough as well. I'm not sold on Matthews, just because the 'someone' that has been catching the ball is Darren Sproles. Blount I think is pretty safe, probably will get you 50 or 60 yards. I'd actually roll the dice on Best here out of the three, but it's a risk pick.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
  #8
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Tolbert@Hou, Sproles@Hou, Meachem@Car

Need to start 2. I would be comfortable starting both Sproles and Tolbert as they have both been productive, but Meachem is starting to come around so I dunno...


Any thoughts?

btw, it's a ppr league that also counts rushing attempts. Hence why I'm not to scared to start both SD boys.


Last edited by Shape: 11-05-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
  #9
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,709
vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Tolbert@Hou, Sproles@Hou, Meachem@Car

Need to start 2. I would be comfortable starting both Sproles and Tolbert as they have both been productive, but Meachem is starting to come around so I dunno...


Any thoughts?

btw, it's a ppr league that also counts rushing attempts. Hence why I'm not to scared to start both SD boys.
Tolbert for sure, he's almost a lock for a TD against that Texans defense. I'd probably got Tolbert & Meachem, but it's close between Meachem and Sproles.

Flacco or Freeman?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:46 PM
  #10
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,288
vCash: 597
With TEN on a bye, I need to make a decision on a defence.

I picked up the Bills earlier in the week (as I said last week, my league starts 2 defences so I had to look very deep to find a defence) as I was hoping for plenty of Cutlerception's, but then Arizona just became available, which could give me lots of Brett's.

So Bills D vs Bears or Cardinals D @ Vikings?

Also: Robert Meachem @ CAR or James Jones vs DAL? Driver is out, so Jones should see more action. And Dallas is a joke.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:46 PM
  #11
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Tolbert for sure, he's almost a lock for a TD against that Texans defense. I'd probably got Tolbert & Meachem, but it's close between Meachem and Sproles.

Flacco or Freeman?
Thanks.


I'd go Flacco for sure. He's great at home, and the Miami safeties aren't great.

@Marc, I would go Buffalo. They should rack up a good amount of sacks and a pick or two off Cutler.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:21 PM
  #12
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
1.
Matt Ryan (TB) or Matt Stafford (NYJ).
- really leaning towards ryan here, because the jets are the jets. I've got megatron on this roster so even if stafford goes off, chances are i dont go home empty handed.

2.
Ryan Mathews (@HOU), Lagarette Blount (ATL), Jahvid Best (NYJ) (pick one)
- leaning towards mathews here. not really confident in best vs the jets, and houston is more runable than atlanta. Tolbert is obviously the thing that may leave me regretting this one. Gates is looking like he's out, so i have to think rivers is going to have to throw to SOMEONE, why not mathews?

3. Pierre Garcon (PHI), Jeremy Maclin (IND), Desean Jackson (IND) (pick 2)
- now that desean looks to be playing, this is a really tough decision for me. Not leaning in any way here.
I'd lean Ryan for the reasons you mentioned. Mathews would be the number 3 of that group. Pains me to say it too because I have him. I think I'd go Blount, Best, Mathews. Your third one is very difficult. I'd go Garcon and Maclin just cause it's Desean's first game back, and there might be a little hesitation there.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
  #13
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 500
I need to play one of Cin def vs Pittsburgh or Philly def vs Indy. I have 3 steelers playing for me this week due to byes so I am leaning towards Philly's def.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
  #14
Riggins
Registered User
 
Riggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Here's one I'm struggling with:

Big Ben @ Cincinnati

or

Vick vs. Indianapolis

- Part of me wants to go the safe route and stick with Ben. Vick is coming off an injury and who knows how he plays in his first game back. He may not even last the whole game. Plus Indy could dominate time of possession with some long TD drives. But there's always the chance Vick can go off and run for 80 yards and a TD.


Last edited by Riggins: 11-06-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:37 PM
  #15
Riggins
Registered User
 
Riggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So Bills D vs Bears or Cardinals D @ Vikings?

Also: Robert Meachem @ CAR or James Jones vs DAL? Driver is out, so Jones should see more action. And Dallas is a joke.
I'd go with the Bills D and give James Jones a try.

Cutler is usually good for a turnover or two and taking a few sacks. In Minny with Moss gone and Harvin questionable, the Arizona D should get a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson and that will limit their turnover/sack possibilities.

Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
  #16
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,288
vCash: 597
Someone scooped up Jones nearly minutes after I asked, so Meachem it is. Although that new SD receiver with the weird name is intriguing.

I dumped the Bills D and went with the Cards D, the Cards D has 93 fantasy points on the season, the Bills D a miniscule 31. The Cards D is ranked 11th for week 9 for fantasy on NFL.com.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:52 PM
  #17
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
Here's one I'm struggling with:

Big Ben @ Cincinnati

or

Vick vs. Indianapolis

- Part of me wants to go the safe route and stick with Ben. Vick is coming off an injury and who knows how he plays in his first game back. He may not even last the whole game. Plus Indy could dominate time of possession with some long TD drives. But there's always the chance Vick can go off and run for 80 yards and a TD.
I am a Steelers fan, so take this with a grain of salt ....

start Big Ben, the fact that Vick's first game back (if he struggles, Kolb will replace him)

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:55 PM
  #18
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
I am a Steelers fan, so take this with a grain of salt ....

start Big Ben, the fact that Vick's first game back (if he struggles, Kolb will replace him)
I think that Vick is a must start

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:57 PM
  #19
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Need some Help this week

QB
Vick vs Indy

or

Eli @ Seattle (I have Nicks love those double points)

Need 2 in a PPR League

Davone Bess vs Baltimore (I have Brandon Marshall also been playing em both)

James Jones vs Cowboys (starting in place of Driver)

Dex Bryant vs Packers

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
  #20
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,288
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Need some Help this week

QB
Vick vs Indy

or

Eli @ Seattle (I have Nicks love those double points)

Need 2 in a PPR League

Davone Bess vs Baltimore (I have Brandon Marshall also been playing em both)

James Jones vs Cowboys (starting in place of Driver)

Dex Bryant vs Packers
Vick.

Bess and Jones. The Bills took it to the Ravens via the pass, Miami could to the same. I also don't trust Kitna on the road against a defence that played really well last week.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
  #21
ohheyimmark
Registered User
 
ohheyimmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
OP for this week...Jahvid Best or Aaron Hernandez?


Thanks folks!

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
  #22
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
OP for this week...Jahvid Best or Aaron Hernandez?


Thanks folks!
I don't have alot of faith in Best going against the Jets D

with that said -

Blount @ ATL
Best vs NYJ
Ivory @ CAR

I need one of the above, Thanks

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:15 AM
  #23
ohheyimmark
Registered User
 
ohheyimmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
I don't have alot of faith in Best going against the Jets D

(I am not starting him ....)
Thanks Buck...I have him on the bench right now, but I tend to prefer starting an RB at the OP position if I can. I think I'm going to bench him...Hernandez has to catch a TD sooner or later.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
  #24
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Thanks Buck...I have him on the bench right now, but I tend to prefer starting an RB at the OP position if I can. I think I'm going to bench him...Hernandez has to catch a TD sooner or later.
see my edit ....

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:26 AM
  #25
ohheyimmark
Registered User
 
ohheyimmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Blount, considering the touches and a better matchup than Best has against the Jets.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.