HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential trade partners

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2010, 03:30 PM
  #1
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Potential trade partners

Looking at who we the fans think is expendable along with how the other teams in the nhl are doing this season, here are a couple thoughts I've had about some cap clearing moves. All of the teams I'm about to discuss are Western Conference teams, so we are not improving any teams within our conference.

Potential Partner 1: Dallas Stars
Dallas is currently ranking second to last on the PK, but has been a decent team in other areas, and have played well enough to currently hold a playoff spot. What better player to improve this team than Paille, an expert PK specialiast who could also contribute on the offensive end with his speed. Granted his shot is not the best, but Paille's skillset would make the Stars a better team, as he could drastically improve their penalty kill unit. Dallas also has some space to take on a little salary. Paille for a 3rd or 4th rounder would benefit both teams.

Potential Partner 2: Columbus Blue Jackets
Currently second to last in the league in goals per game, Columbus could use a spark on for their offense. Why not offer them a package including the offensively minded Matt Hunwick and power forward Blake Wheeler? Hunwick and Wheeler could improve the team's offensive production, and Wheeler could help out on the currently 15th ranking PK unit. I don't know what we could expect in return, but I would ask for a prospect and probably a 2nd round pick.

Potential Partner 3: Phoenix Coyotes
The Coyotes forwards are really struggling, and with some help, they could be a serious contender with some help on the offense. They have capable goal scorers and just lack that one play maker. I know he has the NTC, and I know he just signed here, and I know that I'm really not a big fan of trading him, but I think Savard could be what Phoenix needs. We could send Savard+our 2011+a Defensemen (Stuart maybe?) for Yandle. Phoenix probably ins't too big on the idea of trading Yandle, but how can an offensively struggling team reject a trade that would bring in one of the best ppg centers in the league? Even though we lose Savard, this trade improves our cap situation, and our defense, and doesn't effect our 4th overall ranking offense at all.

Potential Partner 4: Nashville Predators
Nashville is a contender and they have the defense to compete, but they need some offensive help. Savard, Ryder, or Wheeler could help them out in the goal scoring department, and they have the cap space to take on some salary (not sure if they have an internal cap though)

Potential Partner 5: St. Louis Blues
This team has been awesome this year, but their PK currently rankings 21st in the league, which is by no means good. Paille could help them out there, and could a guy like Stuart or Ference or contribute to their defensive depth, arming them to make a serious run in the Western Conference. Alternatively, Wheeler could also help their PK and add more depth into their offense, making them a much deadlier team. Either way, a move here could benefit the Blues while aiding in our struggle against the cap.

These are just some speculations of potential moves. You may or may not agree with them, but I think each of these moves could happen. I really want to see our problems solved through trades and not demoting Ryder, as his play so far this year has earned him a roster spot on an NHL team. So what are your thoughts? What other teams could you forsee a trade with and what's their motivation to take on our salary?

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
  #2
MeisterBruinmaker
Registered User
 
MeisterBruinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 6,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Most of those teams, especially Colorado & Dallas, have soft caps. They aren't looking to add big contracts. Also, Hunwick and Paille would be considered bottom-end players with a low cost-benefit ratio.

PC is going to find it pretty hard to move contracts, especially Ryder's, without taking anything back.

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
  #3
LetEmPlay
Registered User
 
LetEmPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
That Phoenix trade is nuts in my opinion. I'm not that high on Yandle... All I see is a turn over prone defenseman with an attitude. Wideman-lite.

LetEmPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
  #4
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,250
vCash: 500
You lost me when you said Power Forward Blake Wheeler

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
  #5
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Looking at who we the fans think is expendable along with how the other teams in the nhl are doing this season, here are a couple thoughts I've had about some cap clearing moves. All of the teams I'm about to discuss are Western Conference teams, so we are not improving any teams within our conference.

Potential Partner 1: Dallas Stars
Dallas is currently ranking second to last on the PK, but has been a decent team in other areas, and have played well enough to currently hold a playoff spot. What better player to improve this team than Paille, an expert PK specialiast who could also contribute on the offensive end with his speed. Granted his shot is not the best, but Paille's skillset would make the Stars a better team, as he could drastically improve their penalty kill unit. Dallas also has some space to take on a little salary. Paille for a 3rd or 4th rounder would benefit both teams.
Good thought. This could work. It's basically what we did when we went out and acquired him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Potential Partner 2: Columbus Blue Jackets
Currently second to last in the league in goals per game, Columbus could use a spark on for their offense. Why not offer them a package including the offensively minded Matt Hunwick and power forward Blake Wheeler? Hunwick and Wheeler could improve the team's offensive production, and Wheeler could help out on the currently 15th ranking PK unit. I don't know what we could expect in return, but I would ask for a prospect and probably a 2nd round pick.
I like Wheeler, pretty sure I wouldn't consider him a PF though.

I'd also be likely to hold onto he and Hunwick if the return is only a 2nd and mid/low-tier prospect.

I know Hunwick has his moments, but I think this team would miss him more than expected if you took him out of the lineup. He brings a skillset that's unique to our D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Potential Partner 3: Phoenix Coyotes
The Coyotes forwards are really struggling, and with some help, they could be a serious contender with some help on the offense. They have capable goal scorers and just lack that one play maker. I know he has the NTC, and I know he just signed here, and I know that I'm really not a big fan of trading him, but I think Savard could be what Phoenix needs. We could send Savard+our 2011+a Defensemen (Stuart maybe?) for Yandle. Phoenix probably ins't too big on the idea of trading Yandle, but how can an offensively struggling team reject a trade that would bring in one of the best ppg centers in the league? Even though we lose Savard, this trade improves our cap situation, and our defense, and doesn't effect our 4th overall ranking offense at all.
This doesn't have a chance of happening.

Savard with his injury issues, and a NMC (yes?) kill it right away.

That's also a STEEP price to pay for Yandle. Too steep for me. By a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Potential Partner 4: Nashville Predators
Nashville is a contender and they have the defense to compete, but they need some offensive help. Savard, Ryder, or Wheeler could help them out in the goal scoring department, and they have the cap space to take on some salary (not sure if they have an internal cap though)
You see them as contenders? I disagree there. Same Savard issues as with the proposed move to PHX, though they might bite on Ryder or Wheeler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Potential Partner 5: St. Louis Blues
This team has been awesome this year, but their PK currently rankings 21st in the league, which is by no means good. Paille could help them out there, and could a guy like Stuart or Ference or contribute to their defensive depth, arming them to make a serious run in the Western Conference. Alternatively, Wheeler could also help their PK and add more depth into their offense, making them a much deadlier team. Either way, a move here could benefit the Blues while aiding in our struggle against the cap.

These are just some speculations of potential moves. You may or may not agree with them, but I think each of these moves could happen. I really want to see our problems solved through trades and not demoting Ryder, as his play so far this year has earned him a roster spot on an NHL team. So what are your thoughts? What other teams could you forsee a trade with and what's their motivation to take on our salary?
Wheeler to St Louis makes a lot of sense. We've dealt with them a few times over the past few seasons, he fits their team demo well, not sure of their cap situation though.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
  #7
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
-Nobody is going to want Savard. Is health is way to unkown, and given the length of his contract, I'd say he's going to be a Bruin for a long long time. Also his trade clause.

-Do we want to trade Paille? Isn't our PK number 1 in the league? Is he not anchoring it?

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
  #8
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
calgary flames.......ian white

trade a dump, and a 2nd rounder plus a couple of good prospects for him. if we could get him for that price, that is the deal i think we should make that would be possible.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
  #9
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
-Nobody is going to want Savard. Is health is way to unkown, and given the length of his contract, I'd say he's going to be a Bruin for a long long time. Also his trade clause.

-Do we want to trade Paille? Isn't our PK number 1 in the league? Is he not anchoring it?
i honestly can't tell if you are serious.............?

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
  #10
Diskothek
Registered User
 
Diskothek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
-Do we want to trade Paille? Isn't our PK number 1 in the league? Is he not anchoring it?
Have you watched any of this season? He has been benched since Game 2 and Marchand+Caron look NHL ready and capable of handling the PK.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
  #11
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post

-Do we want to trade Paille? Isn't our PK number 1 in the league? Is he not anchoring it?
Yeeeeaaaah.



MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
  #12
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Have you watched any of this season? He has been benched since Game 2 and Marchand+Caron look NHL ready and capable of handling the PK.
I've had the chance to listen to 3 games on the radio, but otherwise I was in Arizona, which seems to have pretty much zero hockey on. So to answer your question: No I haven't watched any of the season. Which is why I put it as a question, with a question mark. Generally a question mark denotes asking since you don't know.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
  #13
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
I've had the chance to listen to 3 games on the radio, but otherwise I was in Arizona, which seems to have pretty much zero hockey on. So to answer your question: No I haven't watched any of the season. Which is why I put it as a question, with a question mark. Generally a question mark denotes asking since you don't know.
ok.........

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:20 PM
  #14
Diskothek
Registered User
 
Diskothek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
I've had the chance to listen to 3 games on the radio, but otherwise I was in Arizona, which seems to have pretty much zero hockey on. So to answer your question: No I haven't watched any of the season. Which is why I put it as a question, with a question mark. Generally a question mark denotes asking since you don't know.
Then you got your answers.

Box scores help, too.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
  #15
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Then you got your answers.

Box scores help, too.
Clearly using the forum members to inform me is much faster, and more efficient. So now that it's been established that Paille is useless to us, why would anyone else want him? He has...value?

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
  #16
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
I've had the chance to listen to 3 games on the radio, but otherwise I was in Arizona, which seems to have pretty much zero hockey on. So to answer your question: No I haven't watched any of the season. Which is why I put it as a question, with a question mark. Generally a question mark denotes asking since you don't know.
Yeeeeaaaah.



MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
  #17
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
Yeeeeaaaah.


but how do you really feel?

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
  #18
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 500
Why would the Bruins even worry about getting Sturm or Savy back? Money ?/ I dont get it,they may come back and ruin everything too. They are flying right now and all these guys mentioned in trades are playing great Ryder has been great so far this yr,So why fix what is not broken.This team is playing great hockey and Sturm and savard are both type players that are easily knocked off puck and injury prone.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
  #19
DaveFromNB
Registered User
 
DaveFromNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Quispamsis, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Clearly using the forum members to inform me is much faster, and more efficient. So now that it's been established that Paille is useless to us, why would anyone else want him? He has...value?
Well, not being able to make the best PK in the league, on the team with the best record, doesn't immediately imply that he can't help a team with a bad PK. More than anything, the Bruins need to move him for cap reasons, otherwise he's a pretty decent 13'th man. A bit overpaid, but not crazy.

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  #20
DaveFromNB
Registered User
 
DaveFromNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Quispamsis, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Why would the Bruins even worry about getting Sturm or Savy back? Money ?/ I dont get it,they may come back and ruin everything too. They are flying right now and all these guys mentioned in trades are playing great Ryder has been great so far this yr,So why fix what is not broken.This team is playing great hockey and Sturm and savard are both type players that are easily knocked off puck and injury prone.
I expect both players would like to play, and once they're medically cleared to play then a countdown starts which requires the team to get them in the lineup (i.e. not the team choice). Although they can be sent on a short conditioning stint, the team doesn't have a choice to just not activate them if they're medically cleared.

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  #21
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromNB View Post
Well, not being able to make the best PK in the league, on the team with the best record, doesn't immediately imply that he can't help a team with a bad PK. More than anything, the Bruins need to move him for cap reasons, otherwise he's a pretty decent 13'th man. A bit overpaid, but not crazy.
Bruins are tad over i know,,why cant they just sit few players or pay the fines? I hate to break up this team one iota ,i could care less about making room for sturm or savy either.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:18 PM
  #22
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
What would Boston want for Colborne?

As mentioned here already Savard seems like he will be with the Bruins for a long time because of his health and NTC. There is also Krejci, Bergeron and now Seguin down the middle.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
  #23
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
What would Boston want for Colborne?

As mentioned here already Savard seems like he will be with the Bruins for a long time because of his health and NTC. There is also Krejci, Bergeron and now Seguin down the middle.
If I'm not mistaken, it's more or less impossible to get Colborne from us unless we're making a play at a star (picture a Kovalchuk or Hossa deadline deal type thing). And the Leafs only have 1 star, and he used to be with us

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
  #24
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,398
vCash: 500
i would like to see us work with carolina and try and get pitkanen.
He tore us apart in 09

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
  #25
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it's more or less impossible to get Colborne from us unless we're making a play at a star (picture a Kovalchuk or Hossa deadline deal type thing). And the Leafs only have 1 star, and he used to be with us
You would not take Kaberle for Colborne with the depth you already have at C?

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.