HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rypien

Old
11-06-2010, 05:19 PM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadLikeAnOrange View Post
Sorry, dont get the manlove for Rypien at all.

Come playoff time what does he contribute? He won't fight so he's just out there to lose face-offs?

The guy quits on his team one year, fights with fans the next and people still say he brings 'good qualities for a 4th liner'?

Saying that he quit on the team is unfair, considering nobody really knows the reasoning for his 'personal leave'. if it were as simple as him quitting the team, I'm sure Gillis/Av and his teammates would not have welcomed him back.

JUMBOcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

vCash: 500
Quote:

Come playoff time what does he contribute? He won't fight so he's just out there to lose face-offs?

The guy quits on his team one year, fights with fans the next and people still say he brings 'good qualities for a 4th liner'?

The only quitting I see is you quiting on the player.

The personal reasons he attended to were completely justified from my understanding. I think evidence in how the team backed him recently, speaking favorably of his character.

What does Glass really bring beyond Rypien...? Not much more. Rypien is a fighter and the over-analysis of his game is ridiculous. He drops the gloves and wins, he can throw a hit and skates well enough to fore-check.

If he had all the apparent requirements you guys are asking for, winning faceoff percentage, capacity to pot a couple, great checking, great speed --- HE WOULDN'T BE ON THE FOURTH LINE !

He drops the gloves and wins, he can throw a hit and skates well enough to fore-check, isn't a complete defensive ****** -- welcome to the fourth line.

Christina Woloski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:

why do things have to go to such extremes with you?

instead of suggesting that a player gets traded if he's not needed here, you wish a player's career to end?? and now if some fans think that he is perfectly suitable as a $550K 4th liner, you're suggesting there is some manlove for him?

I have little love for Rypien... I like him as a 4th line player, nothing more. I don't even like him as a center. He's best as a right winger and is basically forced to play out of position because he's the best of the options available for that role.

That's not some manlove for the guy... that's simply understanding that in a capped league where you are spending the $$ you are on goaltending, defense and in your top-9, you have to make concessions somewhere in your lineup, and given that you have little cap space to round out your bottom line, Rypien is a very good fit to plug that hole, given his salary vs. his overall impact.

As for your last comment - that he quit on his team - please do tell me the exact reason why he left? I personally don't know. Can you confirm that he just quit on his team and didn't have legitimate personal problems to deal with? All I know is that the team backed him up... Gillis and Vigneault have backed him up. Gillis especially doesn't seem like the type of GM who would re-sign a player to a multiyear deal if he felt that player quit on his team. He has traded and waived players for less than that already.

Not that I'm surprised you've just assumed the worst here... kinda expected from a person who wishes any player's career to be over.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote