HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2010, 06:45 AM
  #1
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Leafs/Oilers

TO TORONTO Dustin Penner

TO EDMONTON Komiserak + prospect

it's been said before and it wil be said again we need a big LW Penner fits the bill

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
  #2
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Isn't pretty much the same thread being discussed already?

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:42 AM
  #3
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Actually, I still think you guys are crazy to not be drooling for a center stead of a LW... but I'll go along.

So you like Penner.

What a coincidence! We don't mind Schenn either!
Would that be a fair trade?

No?
Ah shucks!
That's too bad!
I guess that's not happening.

Seriously. Edmonton is desperate for

A: A good checking line center No way that would be any more than 1/2 of Penner's value.

2: Young top four shutdown defenseman Thus the outburst involving Schenn

3: Can't miss blue chip defensive prospects. Psst! Try Nashville or L.A!

Seriously. Edmonton and Toronto are not good trading partners.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd rather see MPS developing with Gagner and Hemsky, but Penner is our top goal scorer. Forget the fact that he's started off slow. He's still our top goal scorer, and I refuse to believe management will give him up without getting something significant back in return.

Komi is not something significant. He's overpaid and injury prone, IMO.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:49 AM
  #4
KrugLife
Registered Champion
 
KrugLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winchesterfieldville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
EDM laughs at this

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:55 AM
  #5
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
If the prospect is Kadri, and you include a high pick, Tambellini might think it over seriously. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.

And if we get Kadri, we offer him to Ottawa for Jared Cowen. Bryan Murray gets his revenge on Burkie, ha ha.

(Don't flame me, I know this won't happen)

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:09 AM
  #6
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
how bout them Oiers eh..

as for the orignal deal i guess it depends on the prospect coming Edmonton's way. There is no desperation to move Penner unless it helps our future

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:13 AM
  #7
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguination View Post
EDM laughs at this
exactly.

Not giving up a top 6 winger for a 5,6 injury prone defenseman.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
  #8
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
If the Leafs want Penner so bad, well, I just don't see how it can happen. The Oilers would want a young top four d-man on a good contract. Burke won't trade Dion thankfully (and he isn't on a good contract anyway), Kaberle is a pending UFA, Komisarek and Beauchemin aren't on good contracts, and Schenn won't be available either. So unless the Leafs want to talk a Penner + deal for Schenn, we're spinning tires talking about Penner. And we all know that they don't want to discuss that. I guess, just for poo and giggles though, this is probably what the Oilers would offer.

Penner, Cogliano, 2nd round pick for Schenn. Will Burke bite? Nope. No deal is to be had here.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:31 AM
  #9
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
TO TORONTO Dustin Penner

TO EDMONTON Komiserak + prospect

it's been said before and it wil be said again we need a big LW Penner fits the bill
It hasn't been said before. It's being said right now in a thread on the first page. REally why has this been started? /thread

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
  #10
Dark Knight
Lawson Crouse
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,414
vCash: 500
Mike Komisarek, I believe, has a modified NTC where he can block a trade to certain teams every year. You can be sure Edmonton will be one of them.

I'd like Penner but DEFINITELY not at the expense of Schenn.

__________________
http://www.turbozone.ca/wp-content/uploads/Turbozone_for-postup.jpg
Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
  #11
MisterD
Registered User
 
MisterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 50
From an Oilers POV - I'd be interested in Komi - but if it's Penner you're after, you'll have to add 1 really nice prospect.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:19 PM
  #12
shortfuze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: scarborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
didnt antropov get a 2nd and a conditional 4th. that would sound about right for penner.

shortfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
  #13
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 14,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
exactly.

Not giving up a top 6 winger for a 5,6 injury prone defenseman.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
  #14
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfuze View Post
didnt antropov get a 2nd and a conditional 4th. that would sound about right for penner.
Wasn't that a deadline deal prior to him becoming a ufa? Penner has another year, so...no.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
  #15
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
From an Oilers POV - I'd be interested in Komi - but if it's Penner you're after, you'll have to add 1 really nice prospect.
You know, Komi + Kadri wouldn't be bad, but there's no way Leafs fans can give up Kadri in a deal for a left winger when you consider how weak Toronto is at center.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
  #16
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
You know, Komi + Kadri wouldn't be bad, but there's no way Leafs fans can give up Kadri in a deal for a left winger when you consider how weak Toronto is at center.
Even if we had decent depth at centre, Kadri alone wouldn't be dealt for Penner.

The Leafs are actually in dire need of someone like Penner...I'd say a big winger with net presence on the PP would be of more use than a centre on the Leafs but any deal involving Penner certainly won't involve Kadri going the other way.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
  #17
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
What does this mean? Are you disputing Komosarek is a 5th\6th defenseman... well lets see where he ranks in ice time on his own team...

ATOI

Francois Beauchemin- 24:07
Tomas Kaberle- 23:40
Dion Phaneuf- 22:44
Luke Schenn- 22:27
Mike Komisarek- 14:50

Well look at that, he is 5th in total ice time for a defenseman with the next closest person nearly playing half a period more of hockey than Komosarek...

Ya... There are some 4th liners in the NHL who see more ice time than that...

4.5million for a 5th\6th defenseman... little to no value for Edmonton there.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:39 PM
  #18
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose50 View Post
Even if we had decent depth at centre, Kadri alone wouldn't be dealt for Penner.

The Leafs are actually in dire need of someone like Penner...I'd say a big winger with net presence on the PP would be of more use than a centre on the Leafs but any deal involving Penner certainly won't involve Kadri going the other way.
So if Kadri is so great, and the Leafs lack depth at centre; why is he playing in the AHL?
I doubt the Oilers would trade their only big body upfront for Rob Schremp 2.0

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
  #19
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose50 View Post
Even if we had decent depth at centre, Kadri alone wouldn't be dealt for Penner.

The Leafs are actually in dire need of someone like Penner...I'd say a big winger with net presence on the PP would be of more use than a centre on the Leafs but any deal involving Penner certainly won't involve Kadri going the other way.
And that's why no such deal will happen.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
  #20
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
So if Kadri is so great, and the Leafs lack depth at centre; why is he playing in the AHL?
I doubt the Oilers would trade their only big body upfront for Rob Schremp 2.0
Someone take a piss in your cereal this morning, bud? What's with the hostility?

Kadri lacked the size to stay with the Leafs and needed to get used to the pro level game before making the jump to the NHL. If you even had half a brain, you'd realize that not all prospects make their teams straight out of juniors. Oh and before you start spouting crap out of your mouth again, it was an Oilers fan who wanted Kadri+Komi for Penner, not the other way around.

While Penner's nice and all, we'll keep our potential number one centre, thanks

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:31 PM
  #21
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
And that's why no such deal will happen.
Pretty much. Rebuilding/retooling teams usually don't make big deals.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
  #22
shortfuze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: scarborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
What does this mean? Are you disputing Komosarek is a 5th\6th defenseman... well lets see where he ranks in ice time on his own team...

ATOI

Francois Beauchemin- 24:07
Tomas Kaberle- 23:40
Dion Phaneuf- 22:44
Luke Schenn- 22:27
Mike Komisarek- 14:50

Well look at that, he is 5th in total ice time for a defenseman with the next closest person nearly playing half a period more of hockey than Komosarek...

Ya... There are some 4th liners in the NHL who see more ice time than that...

4.5million for a 5th\6th defenseman... little to no value for Edmonton there.
actually he is 5th in total ice time because he was hurt last year. with the defencemen we have wilson doesnt want to push him, wilson will ease him back into his minutes.

shortfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
  #23
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose50 View Post
Someone take a piss in your cereal this morning, bud? What's with the hostility?

Kadri lacked the size to stay with the Leafs and needed to get used to the pro level game before making the jump to the NHL. If you even had half a brain, you'd realize that not all prospects make their teams straight out of juniors. Oh and before you start spouting crap out of your mouth again, it was an Oilers fan who wanted Kadri+Komi for Penner, not the other way around.

While Penner's nice and all, we'll keep our potential number one centre, thanks
I had mini wheats

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
  #24
shortfuze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: scarborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Wasn't that a deadline deal prior to him becoming a ufa? Penner has another year, so...no.
fair enough. but the difference between komisarek and penner wont be a top prospect. MAYBE a mid prospect.

shortfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
  #25
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 500
I'd actually love to get Komisarek on the Oilers, but probably not at the expense of Penner. I can't really come up with an alternative proposal, maybe somthing around Cogliano and a prospect and pick, but I don't think there's any possible way Komisarek would ever end up in Edmonton.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.