HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

NOV 6TH, 2010 ACC Leafs (5-5-2) Vs Sabres (3-8-2) HNIC(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274
I agree. That was Mitchell's best game in a while. He still gives me the heebie jeebies though. He is always on the verge of a givaway.

Old
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

vCash: 500
for Christmas this year i would like a Leaf win VS the Sabres. i hate how they've had our number for years now. some day i'd like to see the Leafs spank them in the playoffs.

Hate Those Guys!

Old
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Aplayaz2000

were going to kick their ass

Old
11-05-2010, 05:47 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

****, if Millers out we better win.

IDC how good the actual team is.

Old
11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Definitely a game we need to win here. Have a good chance and will need to take advantage of it. Of course being my birthday want us to win . Team will need to put out a good effort through the whole game and not just wake up in the third period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegedude84 View Post
**** Wilson is a MORON!

Why is he going with the top line of versteeg-bozak-kessel? Really, this line has NOT clicked at all this season, why continue to force the issue, I thought Wilson want size on the top line, why the f_ck is Versteeg. a 5'10 midget on the top line opposed to players like Kulemin or Bozak who are 6'2.

Secondly why in the world is he scrubbing in Mitchell on the 3rd line, doesnt this knobhead know that Mitchell is a poor excuse for an NHL'er?

Thirdly Hanson is a centre, why is he a winger on the 4th line
Wow a lot of rage here. He's going with that top line since they looked fairly good after getting reunited in the middle of the last game. Really it's not like any of the other combinations that Wilson has tried lately have looked any better than that.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:07 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but Holzer will be in the lineup tomorrow night.

jonas:

Quote:
Ron Wilson told the Watters Show that Korbinian Holzer will in fact get into the lineup tomorrow night.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
JohnGlennie

I would assume Holzer is in for Gunnarson, he played single digit numbers of ice time and lowest on the team in terms of the d. I could be wrong, I might of mixed Gunnar and Lebda up, but I think it was Gunnar.

Old
11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Yay! I get to watch Habs/Sens saturday night here instead.

blah..and my internet sucks right now - big time.

Old
11-05-2010, 07:44 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Must win game. Yes, it's early but I believe this to be a tide turning game. We have to reverse this slide and show we can build off a strong performance away to Washington.

If we lose this one too....

Old
11-06-2010, 01:58 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

oh ppl please stop talking about a "must win"!

we already lost "must wins" agains NYI and NYR. and BUF is one of those teams we always manage to lose

Old
11-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
oh ppl please stop talking about a "must win"!

we already lost "must wins" agains NYI and NYR. and BUF is one of those teams we always manage to lose
then i guess the sky will fall?

Old
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
then i guess the sky will fall?
definitely

Old
11-06-2010, 02:43 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

tonights game a must win?

tonights game a must win?Just wanted to get your feelings on Tonights (technically tonights anyway) game and if you think it is a must win? yes the Leafs have been in a rough patch but the past 2 games they seem to be tuening a corner, coming back against the sens from 3-0 down to make it 3-2 and then coming back against the caps from 3-1 down in the 3rd to gain a point Both those games had to instill a ittle bit of confidence in the Leafs espicaly the caps game.getting a point against the caps is big espicaly when down going into the 3rd.

so now does that make the game against the Sabres a must win? keep in mind they don't have Miller for the game, Stafford left the game so the Sabres SHOUD be ripe for the picking considering superman is not in net for them.

The way I see this game it can go 2 ways, a win and the and eafs begin to buid some momentum coming off a point against the caps and a win against a team they don't usually beat in Buffallo, this ead to a fairly lengthy winning streak which wil have Leaf Nation panning the parade again.

A lloss and the little bit of confidence that this team currenty has from the previous 2 games could be COMPETELY shot espicaly considering the Sabres are in last in the east (athough it may be the devis again)

I don't usually believe in must win games in November but this one may be one.

so is this game a must win?

Old
11-06-2010, 02:52 AM
iBlaze81

this a game is a must win, in terms of me visiting the site. If we lose, omg, the threads that are coming... "Fire Burke" "We need to make a Trade" etc etc.. the panic wont just be hit, but it will be smashed with a hammer.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Kule Aid Man

I think this is a really huge game. These 2 points are important right now to bump us back into playoff position, and to stop people from flipping out uncontrollably.

Mind you, it's the Leafs. Every game from now on is a big game. I'm actually going to the game tomorrow, so hopefully it is a successful big win to boot!

Old
11-06-2010, 03:22 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Every game that the Leafs play is a "must win", regardless of when it happens during the season. If Miller is incapable of playing, then the Leafs might have a chance to win, provided they can score more than two goals and the defence doesn't crap out too often.

Regardless of Buffalo's team quality, they still have the edge, and as such, will likely win the game, but it should be close.

The score will likely be 3-2 in regulation in favor of Buffalo.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

yeah for won won wilson

Old
11-06-2010, 03:33 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Every game that the Leafs play is a "must win", regardless of when it happens during the season. If Miller is incapable of playing, then the Leafs might have a chance to win, provided they can score more than two goals and the defence doesn't crap out too often.

Regardless of Buffalo's team quality, they still have the edge, and as such, will likely win the game, but it should be close.

The score will likely be 3-2 in regulation in favor of Buffalo.

Buffalo has the edge no matter who is on the ice? well based on that ogic we may as well not even step onto the ice

Old
11-06-2010, 03:38 AM
SmoggyTwinkles

I'm gonna say must win....

Which means, we're probably going to lose (sorry).

Must win because.....normally when we play Buffalo, it's almost a given loss for us. But they're really fragile right now, missing their stand-on-his head goaltender, and at the bottom and dropping fast, just got rocked by the Habs the night before.

We should beat them, which is why we won't! We never win the games we're supposed to win.

We're also 2 losses away from the basement, and you know that's exactly what's going to happen right?

I'd like to also point out that I'm always wrong So just trying to test that jinx out here.

Go Leafs Go!

Old
11-06-2010, 03:42 AM
THHT

Edit: Wanted to post in pre-game talk instead of this topic.
2nd Edit: Whatever I'll make a post in here:

This game shouldn't be any different from any other game the Leafs play this season. In other words, they 'must' win any game they're in. As obvious as that is, the Leafs will win this one if they continue what they did in Washington. Must win if they want to go into Tampa with confidence and higher morale. In that sense then yeah, definitely a must win.

Last edited by THHT: 11-06-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: See Above.
Old
11-06-2010, 03:45 AM
THHT

Buffalo is in a serious win drought, losing their fifth straight game against Montreal making their record 3-9-2 and potentially without Miller, the Leafs should be able to win this one without losing control. However, if you look at Buffalo's past games so far, they haven't let up completely and have scored on average about 2-3 goals per game despite losing most of them. What this tells me is the Sabres will not be pushovers, but the Leafs should be able to make it out of the ACC with a win. Then again, the Sabres have always done well against the Leafs even at the ACC. All things considered, I'm confident that the Leafs will win this one if they continue what they did in Washington with improvements to boot. Otherwise, Buffalo wins another one against the Leafs and start their winning streak with us.

I normally don't make goal predictions, but I think I'll do it this time. 4-2 Leafs in regulation. Brown, Grabovski, Kessel gets two, one of them being an empty-netter. Only if Miller doesn't play. If Miller plays, 3-2 Leafs in reg, Kessel, Brown, and Mitchell.

Also, if they can come out of this one with a win, Tampa Bay may not look as daunting with their 7-3-2 record (at least from the fan's perspective, the Leaf players and staff continually say it doesn't matter who the other team is, they just got to win, etc. etc., but a healthy morale boost against Buffalo would be better than nothing heading over there Sunday/Monday).

Last edited by THHT: 11-06-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old
11-06-2010, 04:08 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Yes, this is a must win. Let's stop beating around the bush.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:20 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Buffalo has the edge no matter who is on the ice? well based on that ogic we may as well not even step onto the ice
There have been many times in the past where, when these two teams squared off against each other, Toronto had the better team and still lost, sometimes pretty badly. Other times, the qualities of both teams were reversed and Toronto lost.

The simple truth here is, the Sabres have the Leafs' number.

I've never said that the Leafs shouldn't even bother trying to beat the Sabres. I'm just saying that the likelihood of the Leafs beating the Sabres just isn't very high.

Do I want the Leafs to beat the Sabres? Of course I do. I'm tired of seeing the Leafs, more often than not, lose to the Sabres. Recent history just isn't on the Leafs' side.

Old
11-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Cool Beans Man

I try to use the term "must win" loosely. Every game is a must win. You have to have that mentality going in. That's what's been a problem the past 5 years. This mentality hasn't sunk in until March.

But with that being said, a real must win is when you're 7 points out with 8 games left. But like I said, its easier if you've been playing with that mentality all season.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
bunjay

Grabovski needs to put one in the net tonight to get himself rolling offensively.

Closed Thread