HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

your young(ish) power forward for C.Schneider

Old
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Drew Doubty

vCash: 500
your young(ish) power forward for C.Schneider

Cory schneider I think has now show he is at least going to be a capable NHL goalie. His ceiling is definitely high (top10 goalie in the league) and his bottom is a very good back/tandem goaltender. The time to move him is either now, or at the end of the season.

Canucks are looking good, except they lack a true top 6 power forward to play on the Kesler line I think. Someone who's got hands and size and top 6 potential. Salary has to be low unless you are willing to take bieksa or some other salary.

another thing canucks are looking for is a 1 shot sniper, although those players are tough to come by and I don't think Schneider is going to get us that.

Anyways. Have at er!

Drew Doubty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Klaus*

Goaltenders don't have much value, especially young, unproven ones like Schneider.

I doubt any team would move a young, promising power forward for him alone. Maybe if you package something in along with Cory Schneider.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Give Schneider at least one year in the NHL before trying to trade him.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Drew Doubty

Yea, I was really looking to this coming offseason. A package deal is possible ie. Schneider + 1st for ??. Supposing he continues to put up good numbers 2- 2.2 GAA and 9.20 - 9.25 SV % in 20 or so games

Drew Doubty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I don't think Schneider will be moved any time soon. As it is, he has only played 3 full games this year. The Canucks will continue to give him opportunity to show his stuff at the NHL level thus building his value(IMO).

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
rockinghockey

The only thing Edm would trade is Penner but we have enough goalies as it is. We need young dmen prospects or younger dmen.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM
BloatedGuppy

I honestly think Schneider has more value here as a backup than what he would fetch back in a trade.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Doubty View Post
Yea, I was really looking to this coming offseason. A package deal is possible ie. Schneider + 1st for ??. Supposing he continues to put up good numbers 2- 2.2 GAA and 9.20 - 9.25 SV % in 20 or so games
I see this as more likely.

Keep in mind, keeping Schneider all season will infact help us in the playoffs. We can give Schneider 20-25 games during the season allowing Luongo to be better rested, and therefore hopefully that much more effective come playoff times. Keeping Schneider indirectly will lead to playoff success.. We hope.

Also, if Luongo went down near the end of the season how devastating would that be? With Schneider, I'm atleast confident that we could still make some noise in the playoffs.

I'd still be interested in hearing what we could get for Schneider in the offseason given the above scenariuo..

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Brouwer for Schneider in the offseason seems fair to me.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If vancouver wants to trade him, they are really hurting his value. He is going to get to an age where he will no longer be considered a young up and coming prospect and with no games under his belt. If they want to get decent value, they need to give this kid at least 25 games a season

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post
Goaltenders don't have much value, especially young, unproven ones like Schneider.

I doubt any team would move a young, promising power forward for him alone. Maybe if you package something in along with Cory Schneider.
This.

Plus, Vancouver is presently over the cap. They cannot take on any salary beyond an ELC.... and powerforwards generally come with established contracts.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Peter Griffin

Highly unlikely Schneider is dealt this season. At the draft is a much more likely time for him to be moved.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I think Vancouver should give him a good amount of starts this season (25+) and try to make them against weaker teams. He's a good goalie but really inflate his value and then trade him off. Vancouver doesn't need two fully capable NHL goalies, and capable backups are a dime a dozen.

If they play him enough and raise his value enough he should be able to get a top-6 forward or top-4 Defenceman, with a few minor adjustments.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Jerzey Devil

I'd like for the Devils to try to get him somehow next off season. Most nucks fans I've spoken to don't want him to go anywhere til the offseason which is okay because it will give him time to make a name for himself (which he's already doing).

The Devils will need to start looking to replace Marty with a young guy and I think Corey is a good fit. Lou likes his American players.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
I'd like for the Devils to try to get him somehow next off season. Most nucks fans I've spoken to don't want him to go anywhere til the offseason which is okay because it will give him time to make a name for himself (which he's already doing).

The Devils will need to start looking to replace Marty with a young guy and I think Corey is a good fit. Lou likes his American players.
I'd love to send Schneider to New Jersey.

Uhh.. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but do you guys even have any pieces we could use, though?

I see us needing a cheap and effective 2nd line RW, or else quality young 3rd liners that could step into the top 6 someday. This may change in the offseaosn tho, this is what I predict.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Washington Capitals

His value is pretty low. Why would you trade him.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
How about Ladd+ at the deadline. That's if Cory can continue his strong play.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Reign Nateo

Yeah he won't be traded this year. More likely at the draft or later in the off-season. People here seem to confuse development with a prospect "hurting" his value. Canucks had the chance to bring Cory along slowly, and the right way. He has done everything asked of him to this point with aplomb.

But the point about young goalies is valid, they have to prove something first. Schneider having a solid year (20-25 games) behind Luongo will go a long way. Plus he's signed another year. So really there is no rush.

One of the most frustrating topics for Canucks fans as other fans are so quick to write him off because he wasn't a number 1 at 22 years old. He was developed properly, and at no time have the Canucks been unhappy with his progress. Once he settled into the AHL, he became one of the top goalies in that league consistantly. There is little doubt in my mind that he'll do the same at some point in the NHL.

But yeah, this thread is premature to say the least. Really no point in trading him now. He's pushing Luongo and has been a beast so far. Last time I checked, having two, signed goalies that are performing isn't a bad thing.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Caius Merlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
How about Ladd+ at the deadline. That's if Cory can continue his strong play.
With the way the goalie market is there is no chance you get Ladd straight up for him. Ladd has played really well this year and goalies are worth next to nothing nowdays.

Caius Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
JuniorNelson

Schnieder is close to being the 1a in Vancouver. That is, if Luongo were to be out of the picture, the Canucks would go with Schnieder (much like they went with Auld, when Cloutier was hurt).

He's not going anywhere unless some team mounts an offer that can't be refused. Boston has two goalies and would get the first call from a desperate team. Schnieder can't be traded within the division. These are limiting factors, there are others.

During the off-season the riegning Cup winner couldn't find work for some time. Teams could have signed him with no trade-off. Why wait for Schnieder?

No market. No impetus. No need for speculation.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Nick Palmieri?

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
I think you could get close to NHL ready power forward prospect. I probably will get flamed but I would rather keep Schneider then Luongo. If the Blues didn't have Halak I would of loved to see Schneider on the Blues. There seems to be some really top talent young goalies out there though. Bernier in LA, Markstrum in FLA, Wash has a couple talented young goalies. I probably am missing some.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd love to send Schneider to New Jersey.

Uhh.. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but do you guys even have any pieces we could use, though?

I see us needing a cheap and effective 2nd line RW, or else quality young 3rd liners that could step into the top 6 someday. This may change in the offseaosn tho, this is what I predict.
Yeah you're probably right unless with all these injuries the Devils have a couple of rookies really make a splash.

Maybe a third team can get involved somehow. To me, a good young goalie should be a priority next season and like I said I think Schneider is the man. After he signs Parise long term, Lou's next situation is goaltending. Lot's of money will be off the books for the Devils when Corey becomes an RFA, too.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Rob Zepp

Not a chance that Vancouver would trade this asset IMHO. He appears to be one of (if not the) best young rookie goalies in entire league who has been a star at every level he has played. His worth will never be lower than it is right now so not a smart time to trade an asset. He could become a dominant player in the NHL and may even reach that level by the end of this season.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Bernier

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote