Iginla offered to Kings?

Old
11-10-2010, 11:28 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
While you make some good points that he is good all around player, but the Flames are not in a position to take a gamble on someone if Iginla is traded. They are much better to target a bluechip prospect ie. Schenn and aquire a 1st round pick in the process. Personally I would trade Iggy for Simmonds, Schenn and a 1st round pick and a conditional pick the following year depending on Iginla's production.
I would say that is a little to much for Iggy, there is no way LA deals Simmonds.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I would say that is a little to much for Iggy, there is no way LA deals Simmonds.
Simmonds is so overrated here on HF its sad

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:06 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Simmonds is so overrated here on HF its sad
Not really overrating him, but he is an important player to the team. I don't see LA giving up that much for Iggy, especially going into the playoffs. Swap Simmonds for a prospect like Kozun.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 01:11 AM
tfong

Quote:
While you make some good points that he is good all around player, but the Flames are not in a position to take a gamble on someone if Iginla is traded. They are much better to target a bluechip prospect ie. Schenn and aquire a 1st round pick in the process. Personally I would trade Iggy for Simmonds, Schenn and a 1st round pick and a conditional pick the following year depending on Iginla's production.
Oh I agree, I think though Kozun would be a better high risk/reward than Simmonds. We have enough grinders, we need the speed and scoring dynamic players.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Oh I agree, I think though Kozun would be a better high risk/reward than Simmonds. We have enough grinders, we need the speed and scoring dynamic players.
Kozun would be alright, but I just like Simmonds. He is only 22 and that guy is just raw talent, I don't even think he knows how good he could possibly be. He has alot of the same attributes that Chris Stewart on the Avs has IMO. He has a large frame, good speed, checks hard, drives to the net hard and has pretty good speed as well. I think he would actually really compliment a player like Backlund well. I think his presence would add a nice element to the Flames.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:39 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
if we're trading Iginla it will not be for a package centered around a 26 year old with a career high of 40 points... his contract @ $3,000,000 is no better than Jokinen's which everyone likes to complain about... mid-late 20s players who are not and never will be 1st liners are not the answer as trading Iggy would signify a rebuild...
I honestly feel like Filps is Backlund with loads more expereince and an even more solid defensive game (and Backlund has been huge for us). Plus he's still young and will surly hit 50 pts...at least, maybe more.

I would bet he'd be our #1 centre, and I still hold firm that Jokinen should be on the wing anyway.

Filps is a great playmaker and has an extreme amount of composure with the puck. He's learned from the 2 best TWF's in the game! This team needs a skillset that is exactly of that nature. I believe he would have an immediate positive impact on this club. Then if you could get a couple decent prospects from Detroit as well, this team would not only benefit now but in the future.

I think the DET proposal is a little more realistic in value for what to expect if Iggy was traded.

Plus making a trade with the most well coached/managed team in the league insures you are getting a quality return in terms of hockey IQ. Another area where I feel the flames suffer.

Just my opinion, maybe your right, Iginla might be able to fetch a better package. At this point I really wouldn't want to trade him anyway, his value can't get any lower and if he turns his game around he could be the difference for CGY being a .500 team and a divison leader. The fact that the flames are .500 without a sniff of what iggy can bring to the team is really good IMO. He just needs to start lighting the lamp!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Kozun would be alright, but I just like Simmonds. He is only 22 and that guy is just raw talent, I don't even think he knows how good he could possibly be. He has alot of the same attributes that Chris Stewart on the Avs has IMO. He has a large frame, good speed, checks hard, drives to the net hard and has pretty good speed as well. I think he would actually really compliment a player like Backlund well. I think his presence would add a nice element to the Flames.
I agree, but I'm betting Lombardi sees that as well.

Old
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I agree, but I'm betting Lombardi sees that as well.
Lombardi definitely realizes that. The Kings fans hold Simmonds value really high to their team and do not want to part with him. However, if Iginla is traded this is type of young roster player that would be sought after as part of the package. If a deal did go down with the Kings, Schenn would be the one player that I think the trade would need to be focused around. He may not end up being that elite play making centre, but at the very least he would be an excellent #2 with #1 potential. Plus he is a character guy, he would be a good young core player to build around. I would be happy moving forward with having Schenn and Backlund down the middle.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 11-11-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old
11-11-2010, 12:15 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Lombardi definitely realizes that. The Kings fans hold Simmonds value really high to their team and do not want to part with him. However, if Iginla is traded this is type of young roster player that would be sought after as part of the package. If a deal did go down with the Kings, Schenn would be the one player that I think the trade would need to be focused around. He may not end up being that elite play making centre, but at the very least he would be an excellent #2 with #1 potential. Plus he is a character guy, he would be a good young core player to build around. I would be happy moving forward with havind Schenn and Backlund down the middle.
Again I agree...

I just don't see Lombardi even considering this LA proposal at all. He has made it clear that his priorities are the young core development and I highly doubt he is willing to part with anybody of that age group.

Though if they keep rolling right into the playoffs, and Iginla starts putting some points up he might make that gamble for a cup run. Either way this proposal is very pre-mauture.

Old
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Again I agree...

I just don't see Lombardi even considering this LA proposal at all. He has made it clear that his priorities are the young core development and I highly doubt he is willing to part with anybody of that age group.

Though if they keep rolling right into the playoffs, and Iginla starts putting some points up he might make that gamble for a cup run. Either way this proposal is very pre-mauture.
I think the chances of Lombardi doing this kind of deal are 50/50. The truth is no one in the public knows what he is willing to part with. A lot of LA fans go by the "so-called" package that was offered up to get Kovy. But to me, that is not a good indicator because Kovy could of walked at the end of the season so that is why I would think that he was unwilling to part with his younger players (ie. Schenn and Simmonds). Yes Iginla is getting older, but he still is signed for multi years on his contract. And as far as his production slowing, I like to point to all his critic to have a look at Selanne this year. That guy is 40 and is still producing at a very high level with that not that great of a supporting cast. Iginla is similar to him in terms of his condition and fitness and he will always have the instincts of a goal scorer and should be able to continue to do so as long as he keeps his fitness up which I'm sure that Iginla always will. I think Iginla would be very capable of putting up some very high numbers in LA for several years to come.

Old
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Not really overrating him, but he is an important player to the team. I don't see LA giving up that much for Iggy, especially going into the playoffs. Swap Simmonds for a prospect like Kozun.
I don't get why people are so high on Kozun. He was selected in the 5th round for a reason. His value should be no higher than that of any other 5th rounder from that year. Unless some idiot GM perceives his value higher than it is.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
I don't get why people are so high on Kozun. He was selected in the 5th round for a reason. His value should be no higher than that of any other 5th rounder from that year. Unless some idiot GM perceives his value higher than it is.
so should Howse have no more value as any other 3rd rounder from his draft year?

after being being undrafted in his draft year Kozun put up back to back 100 point seasons with the Hitmen and now has 10 points in his first 12 AHL games... he fought to be drafted as a 19 year old and because he was 19 he fell to late in the 6th round...

its also hard to compare him to his draft class because most are in college, Europe or 19 year olds in the CHL... but you can compare him to other AHL rookies... and he is tied for 6th in AHL rookie scoring... tied with Nemisz and Colborne... and ahead of Hodgson and Beach... Kozun's stock has risen dramatically since being drafted... he probably has the value of a decent 3rd round selection

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
I don't get why people are so high on Kozun.

And you never will, because you're too caught up on the fact that he's not 6'9".

The hype on Kozun comes from him being a great player. He has good vision and is an excellent playmaker. His numbers don't lie.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 11-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
jeez...if you haven't seen him play at the very least look at his stats

Old
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
And you never will, because you're too caught up on the fact that he's not 6'9".

The hype on Kozun comes from him being a great player. He has good vision and is an excellent playmaker. His numbers don't lie.
Forgive me if I prefer a Mario Lemieux to Theo Fleury.

I was under the impression he was still in the Dub because of his draft year. If he prove he can play then good for him but I'll still take the bigger player at the end of the day.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
damacles1156

Iggy would really have to pick up those stats for Lombardi to even consider trading for him. He doesn't Help LA at the deadline if he is on pace for career worst stats.

For Lombardi to part with his youth (Which he has never done to this point). Iggy has to be scoring.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 02:36 AM
tfong

Kozun is currently 5-5 in 12 games with the Monarchs. so it looks like he is holding his own against adults at least.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 11:45 PM
slappipappi

Why anyone would expect to get anything for Iginla, owed $7M per season over the next 2.8 years, is beyond me.

Iggy just may have played his worse game of his carer, zero shots on net, a -4.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 12:06 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Why anyone would expect to get anything for Iginla, owed $7M per season over the next 2.8 years, is beyond me.

Iggy just may have played his worse game of his carer, zero shots on net, a -4.
The salary is the Killer, No team is going to trade for that Contract. The most important assets to an NHL team is ROSTER players still on their entry level contract.

Calgary should have decided to rebuild last year, Demanded a little less for Iggy, and traded him.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:19 PM
BurnEmUp

How about:

Jarome Iginla (7,000,000)
Ian White (2,999,995)
Mitch Wahl

For:

Brayden Schenn (3,140,000)
Jack Johnson (1,425,000)
Oscar Moller
2011 1st Round Draft Pick

I would hate to see Iginla go, but man he looks completely unmotivated right now.

Last edited by BurnEmUp: 11-13-2010 at 01:29 PM.
BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
How about:

Jarome Iginla (7,000,000)
Ian White (2,999,995)
Mitch Wahl

For:

Brayden Schenn (3,140,000)
Jack Johnson (1,425,000)
Oscar Moller
2011 1st Round Draft Pick

I would hate to see Iginla go, but man he looks completely unmotivated right now.
That is too much for LA to give up, and besides Johnson has been their d-man this year. I think they want to keep Doughty and Johnson for years to come.

Old
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
no name

Quote:
the guy saying he wouldn't do it writes about the Kings... so he would be saying no from their perspective

and he is right... its too much from the Kings perspective... we would be gettng their 2nd, 4th and 5th ranked prospects and a 1st round pick
All that from the best farm system in hockey. No freaking way Calgary gets a top 5 overall prospect in hockey for Iginla straight up, all things considered.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
It was eklunds sources, then he told barry
Eklund doesn't have any Kings sources. Barry is the only blogger with a shred of credibility regarding the Kings and when it comes to trades they just blow smoke up his ass. He gets most of the stuff like injuries and call-ups right but like any blogger, passing on trade talk is never accurate.

Old
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
The Flames would have to send an equal number of contracts to the Kings as well, since they're at/near the limit, right? Kings have cap space, so at least matching the salary isn't an issue.

It does seem like a lot, and call me crazy but I still don't think it's enough for Iginla. Call it quantity over quality, if you will, but it's close. Replace Hickey & Lokitonov with Moller, perhaps a deal is closer?
Lokitonov is three times the prospect Moller is. No disrespect to Moller but Lokitonov has passed him in every aspect of the game. He would have been a first round pick his draft year but he was a shoe in to bolt to Russia. The Kings gave him a ton of money to stay.

Old
12-04-2010, 07:26 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
All that from the best farm system in hockey. No freaking way Calgary gets a top 5 overall prospect in hockey for Iginla straight up, all things considered.
This perception is pretty common on HF, and it's completely false.

For example, Toronto traded two firsts and a second for Phil Kessel. Yeah he's young, but he's not as good as Iginla is now and will never be as good as Iginla was in his prime. If you want an example of an older player, I believe Pronger landed 2 firsts as well.

So Iginla, who on the Kings could very well be the difference between a really good team and a Championship team, is worth a top prospect at least. And quite frankly, the Kings know what they're getting with Iginla. As much potential as Schenn has, he has 2 assists in 9 games in the NHL. You never know if a player will be as good as you hope he'll be.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote