HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Took a shot off the ankle...

Old
11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Injektilo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Took a shot off the ankle...

.... a full month ago, and I still can't skate on it. It hit right on the part where the bone protrudes, on the outside. The next day I couldn't walk on it at all, and now a month later I still can't run, and walking for long distances still makes it ache. Doc said it was a bruised ligament, though I may have misunderstood. I tried skating two weeks ago, but couldn't do crossovers to my right, and couldn't really put much weight on it at all.

My team's season is starting up in a week now, and I'm worried I won't be able to skate. I was told to try physio, but my location means the language barrier is a problem, plus my experiences with physio in the past here were..... pointless.

Anyone have any ideas for exercises I can do? If it's a bruised ligament, is it best to just keep all walking to a minimum?

Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Lots of ice and compression wrap off the ice. Don't know about on, you may need to wear a compression sleeve or something to relieve the pressure. I hit a teammate with a pass on the ankle a month ago and it took a few weeks for it to heal. Seems like it gets a little better, then worse again, then better, then worse, then one day it was fine.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:56 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

It can easily take 2 months for something like this to heal. Follow Jarick's advice until it gets better.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 10:58 AM
blueberrydanish

I took a bad snapper pointblank right above my boot on the side and had to leave the ice, could barely walk out to the car with my equipment hah. Took me about a month before the pain went away and prob about 2-3 months before any "phantom" type pains went away. The doc said I had a clotted vein though so a little different from yours, but I just had to wait it out.

Just keep resting it till you can put pressure on it without any major pain.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Lots of ice and compression wrap off the ice. Don't know about on, you may need to wear a compression sleeve or something to relieve the pressure. I hit a teammate with a pass on the ankle a month ago and it took a few weeks for it to heal. Seems like it gets a little better, then worse again, then better, then worse, then one day it was fine.

It really doesn't hurt at all anymore, I can stand the foot on my toes alone and not feel a thing. It's if I try to pivot while standing on the foot on my toes that it hurts, or if I try to run. On skates it's doing crossovers to my right (it's the right foot), at the point where i'm almost on my toe, when the left foot has crossed over and is about to come back down on the ice.... that's when it hurts, and I have to do a little hop.

You think ice and compression are still needed? Might as well try it I suppose. Gotta start skating again before games start.

Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote