HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Preds need a center!

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Radek Bonk sounds like a great fit if the Sens would move him.

Bonk for Scottie Upshall? Just off the top of my head.
I really don't want Bonk

Old
06-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I really don't want Bonk
I wouldn't mind acquiring him.......and Upshall seems like a decent price, although I would be very hesitant to deal for a center at the price of Upshall, when it is very possible that there will be plenty of very good centers on the FA market.

The guy is big....can score......can play top line minutes......is responsible enough defensively. How is he at faceoffs?

06-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Russian_fanatic

On HF Chat everyone thinks that Arnott would be a great fit with Hartnell !!! Lots of hitting and scoring

Old
06-15-2004, 08:48 PM
kimzey59

Why would anyone give something up for Andreas Johansson? He is a pending UFA, if anyone wants him all they need to do is wait and sign him.

Old
06-15-2004, 11:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
Radek Bonk sounds like a great fit if the Sens would move him.

Bonk for Scottie Upshall? Just off the top of my head.

i think we'll live to regret it if Upshall ends up proving that this year was a freak thing, with all the injuries...but...it's really the perfect deal for us, right now...and we have so many Scottie Upshalls in our system, already...

Old
06-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Any interest in Eric Belanger? Aaron Miller maybe?

Old
06-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Starsdude

Arnott

Arnott would be available but would want some value especially on defense. Someone who could play right away would have the most appeal. Do not think Klein would be enough to do a deal. Any ideas

Old
06-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Taupy

Ribeiro

for

Jordin Tootoo
1st round 2004

Old
06-16-2004, 12:00 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
Ribeiro

for

Jordin Tootoo
1st round 2004

i wouldn't give tootoo alone for ribeiro. to throw in a first rounder is...painful.

Old
06-16-2004, 12:09 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Ribeiro

for

Jordin Tootoo
1st round 2004
Ribeiro doesn't exactly fit the Preds style/attitude.

Old
06-16-2004, 12:56 AM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Ribeiro doesn't exactly fit the Preds style/attitude.
Ok three way trade, then.

To Hollywood: Ribeiro

To Nashville: Vin Diesel

To Montreal: Zidlicky

I'm sure Diesel could do the trick. He'd fit the Preds style.

Old
06-16-2004, 01:05 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I really do not want Rucchin on the Preds for some reason.......

The other offer made is a bit in the Ducks favor, although I think it is very workable. Krog is, like others said, a faceoff ace and responsible defensively. He will get about 10/10 a year.....and would be ideal as a 3rd/4th liner with some PK duties and lots of important faceoff time (especially for the preds). As a bonus, the kid makes what.......750k??? Martenson has decent upside......the 39th pick is far lower than the 15th......but the Preds may not need to pick at 15 if Chipchura is taken. Heck, a Mcgrath may be avaialbe still at 39. Leclerc should be the meat of this deal.....but I'm not too sold on him as a Predator, especially if he does have injury problems. The Preds have their own resident injury-ridden goal-scorers, see Andreas Johannson.... For this reason, I would give a no, as I am very high on Kleins potential right now (and I believe Preds management is as well.) Maybe if a three way were swung, exchanging Mike for somone else.......but as it stands....the Preds need a bit more in workable players, especially at the center/top 6 positions. Close deal though.
Leclerc has his injury problems, but that can be conquered. Rucchin had huge injury problems untill these last few years, but obviously improved. Leclerc might not, but when healthy, he's a responsible defensive player, and can rack up points too.

For the person who said an oft-injured Leclerc isn't an upgrade over Hartnell, well, in terms of talent, it's arguable that he is, but it's more or less a wash. In terms of health, well, it's also a wash. Hartnell from what I remember has a concussion history, or something like that. He couldn't even take a soft, clean hit from Vishnevski earlier in the year .

BTW, Krog makes even less than $750,000. It's around $550,000. He's so cheap, and so good on faceoffs, but Sami Pahlsson will do better as #4 center(would be #3, but that's reserved for the captain; man do we need a #2 center ).

To get 15th overall, which could lead the Ducks to possibly selecting Drew Stafford, a player they can use, or trading up to select him, and Kevin Klein, a former teammate of Popovic who would bolster our prospects, I'm sure Anaheim would be very willing to take that type of deal into further negotiations if Poile liked it.

Old
06-16-2004, 02:42 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Ribeiro

for

Jordin Tootoo
1st round 2004
:bonk:

Old
06-16-2004, 09:50 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
Ok three way trade, then.

To Hollywood: Ribeiro

To Nashville: Vin Diesel

To Montreal: Zidlicky

I'm sure Diesel could do the trick. He'd fit the Preds style.
I made a legitimate point. Nashville doesn't have players like Ribeiro and probably won't under Poile/Trotz. Hell, we've never even had a French Canadian play a major role for us for anything longer than a year or so. He's got a lot against him going to the Preds.

Old
06-16-2004, 09:55 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Leclerc has his injury problems, but that can be conquered. Rucchin had huge injury problems untill these last few years, but obviously improved. Leclerc might not, but when healthy, he's a responsible defensive player, and can rack up points too.

For the person who said an oft-injured Leclerc isn't an upgrade over Hartnell, well, in terms of talent, it's arguable that he is, but it's more or less a wash. In terms of health, well, it's also a wash. Hartnell from what I remember has a concussion history, or something like that. He couldn't even take a soft, clean hit from Vishnevski earlier in the year
Leclerc is a downgrade over Hartnell. He's almost 6 years older and is about proven as Hartnell. In terms of talent, Hartnell wins. In terms of health, Hartnell wins. Hartnell has played 4 seasons. In only one of those has he failed to play 75 games. LeClerc has played roughly 5 seasons. In only one of those did he play more than 75 games. He missed more games last year than Hartnell has missed in his entire NHL career. When you consider than Hartnell put up comparable numbers (124 points to 131) over the exact same amount of games (291) but did it from age 18-22 instead of 23-28, the answer becomes quite clear who is more talented. Hartnell would have to top out right now in order to become the player Leclerc is.

Old
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

Denis Arkhipov

Any offers for a combination of the availables?
Does Arkhipov use his size,play physical?

Isles could use a big physical forward.

How about 24 yr old Justin Papineau+5th?Papineau plays c/lw and is skilled.His $400,000 salary would save the Preds a few hundred thousand.

Old
06-16-2004, 11:55 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
IMO I think with the impending lockout and possible numerous FA's it would be dumb to trade klein or any other decent prospect for a 2nd or 3rd line center. I say re-sign zholtok as a 3rd/4th liner, use legwand as a 1st liner and johnson as a 2nd/3rd liner and sign a FA who is decent at faceoffs and fits the preds mold to fill in 2nd/3rd line duties.

Now let me scan through the FA list and see who might be available.

Yanic Perreault - but I don't see the habs not re-signing him and he is possibly too expensive

Mats Lindgren - decent faceoff guy but too bad about his back injury. anyone know what his recovery status and injury history is? I'd probably rule him out.

Travis Green - good size and has grit, decent faceoff guy but probably not able to fullfill 2nd line duties. more of a checking line guy.

Artem Chubarov - another checking line guy who's ok in the faceoff dot but sure has had some injury issues

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I see right now. Not exactly the plethora I had assumed. hah

Last edited by crossxcheck: 06-16-2004 at 12:38 PM.
Old
06-16-2004, 12:36 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Isles could use a big physical forward.
Then arkhipov is not your man :lol

wait...umm yes he IS your man

Last edited by crossxcheck: 06-16-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old
06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Reaper45

Vladimir Orszagh and a pick for Eric Belanger and Aaron Miller?

Old
06-16-2004, 03:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Then arkhipov is not your man :lol

wait...umm yes he IS your man

So Arkhipov would be just another big winger,unwilling to use his size,play physical?

sounds like another Kvasha.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:41 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Vladimir Orszagh and a pick for Eric Belanger and Aaron Miller?
If I were Poile, I'd do this. You get a good faceoff man (although somewhat undersized) and a big crease-clearing d-man (or so I hear...I don't know a whole lot about Miller). Other preds fans what do you think??

Old
06-16-2004, 03:47 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
So Arkhipov would be just another big winger,unwilling to use his size,play physical?

sounds like another Kvasha.
arky sure doesn't play like a 6'3' 210 lb forward. Although I will say that a change in scenery/systems might do him some good.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
If I were Poile, I'd do this. You get a good faceoff man (although somewhat undersized) and a big crease-clearing d-man (or so I hear...I don't know a whole lot about Miller). Other preds fans what do you think??
I'd think about it. The pick being traded would be the key thing in this deal, but you also have to realize two things (from a Nashville standpoint):

A.) Aaron Miller is a good dman, but he has had two severe injury ridden seasons.......and has been enormously unhealthy throughout his pro career.

B.) Miller makes 3.5 million in cash.

Old
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'd think about it. The pick being traded would be the key thing in this deal, but you also have to realize two things (from a Nashville standpoint):

A.) Aaron Miller is a good dman, but he has had two severe injury ridden seasons.......and has been enormously unhealthy throughout his pro career.

B.) Miller makes 3.5 million in cash.
His contract is front loaded so it goes down each year. About the pick, a 4th or a 3rd maybe?

Old
06-16-2004, 03:59 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Patty O'sullivan

for

Tootoo and your 1st...

Closed Thread