Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ference gone when Boychuk returns

Old
11-06-2010, 06:44 PM
BamBamCam*

vCash: 500
Todays game

I have seen 4 great defensive plays by Ference and Seindenberg make a HUGE turnover that resulted in a Sobtaka goal.

Where's all the trade Seindenberg threads????

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:47 PM
mikelvl

Ok, so when one of your seven dmen with NHL experience comes back, you completely get rid of another of the seven? So, there won't be any injuries and if there are you'll bring a guy with no NHL experience? That's the recipe for success

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:52 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Todays game

I have seen 4 great defensive plays by Ference and Seindenberg make a HUGE turnover that resulted in a Sobtaka goal.

Seids has been pretty terrible tonight. That is something we have not been able to say in a few weeks.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:59 PM
BamBamCam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Seids has been pretty terrible tonight. That is something we have not been able to say in a few weeks.
Really? Have you been watching because Seindenberg has been horrible so far this year with the exception of 2 games. In fact, I have heard this over and over from the same crowd that blamed everything on Wideman last year which is the same people that keep wanting to trade Hunwick and Ference.

McQuaid is the 7th d-man and that is that and it isn't even close.

Have you seen the B's record with Ference on the ice? It is substantially better with him on than him off the ice.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
BamBamCam*

And looky looky who steps up today and sticks up for his teammate like he always has and does since his days in Portland???

Andrew Ference.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
topcat986*

Quote:
And looky looky who steps up today and sticks up for his teammate like he always has and does since his days in Portland???

Andrew Ference.

Sad part is Ference due to his salary maybe a casualty. That being said, he is a steady Dman and a truly solid citizen in and out of the locker room. His 2.25 mill contract is really the only issue there is.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by STURMnRYDA2PROV View Post
Once Ference leaves PC's grade goes up. He is the one remaining blackeye.
Not mention of the GM actually putting us in an enviroment where we need to juggle cap space?

No, its all Ference..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:09 PM
gobruins14

Ference had a great game tonight.

gobruins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:10 PM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Todays game

NTC.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:33 PM
PJ StockBB

Ference has been very solid so far this year, i have been impressed and really want him to stay healthy and keep on playing. that fight tonight was awesome, which leads me to the instigator rule, i ****ing hate that rule!

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Ference was great tonight. Fight was warranted, I thought it was Rex at first lol..

Our D played well for the most part. Got into trouble with 3 bs calls on Chara, Hunwick and McQuaid after Stu and Ference were off for fighting.

No complaints tonight for our D, they were solid and did the best they could when they could have just folded, especially after the goal.They seemed to have learned from that and were solid the rest of the game.

With Ference, the corps is still resilient and when JB comes back it will be even moreso. McQuaid will go back to 7th man when JB is ready.

I am Boston Strong

Last edited by Alicat: 11-07-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:52 AM
dsbs333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALinsky View Post
Its quite realistic, just not now. Calling Ference's contract an albatross is a pretty big overstatement, IMO.

2.25 millin for three years, with no NTC, for a DMan that, when not injurd (and yes I know that is a big if) is quite solid/verastile (as shown in his stepping up to play with Z) is just not an albatross. Come dadline time, if a team needs depth on D, with Ference's hit reduced, suddenly he becomes quite valuable.

Without injuries, the guy is a quality NHL defenseman for going on ten years now. His groin problems should be completely solved now. Such a low cap hit just can never be an albatross when the guy is a consistent, solid NHL player. Sturm's 3.5 milllion NMC is much more of an albatross, prohibitive contract, IMO.
i agree anybody who has watched a bruin game this year can see how well ference is playing the whole team is playing well u can,t win them all

dsbs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Andy Ference isn't the problem.

11-07-2010, 11:25 AM
DarrenBanks56

ive bashed ference in the past, but he was our best defenseman by far last nite. Best game Ive seen him play since the flames stanley cup run in 04. He is a great team player.

chara and seids looked very slow last nite. Couldve been the back to backs. who knows.

I still want mcquaid in there full time. He's a beast. Players cant get around him.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:30 AM
C77

Ference is a really good passer...don't feel like that gets brought up enough....and he's fairly quick when healthy.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss3252 View Post
I think in Boychuk's absence McQuaid has played very well. Seeing we must shed some salary soon , Ference is my pick to leave. I think this trade will not affect us in any way.
hahahahahaha... 'speculation', huh? haha

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
ive bashed ference in the past, but he was our best defenseman by far last nite. Best game Ive seen him play since the flames stanley cup run in 04. He is a great team player.

chara and seids looked very slow last nite. Couldve been the back to backs. who knows.

I still want mcquaid in there full time. He's a beast. Players cant get around him.
I think exhaustion is playing a factor with them and back to back didn't help it any and loosing Ference and Stu hurt us last night. Hunwick played 20 minutes last night and showed he can handle it so I am hoping that once Johnny is back the TOI will be more evenly distributed, which has been very successful for us so far.

I expect continued solid play from Andy and the rest of the boys now that they will have 3 days rest.

I wasn't really impressed with McQuaid last night, he looked like he was dragging and getting out muscled in the corners and wasn't strong on the blue line as he has been.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
duckchobbins

Why Ference? He makes less and has played better than Seidenberg...not saying they should dump Seidenberg, I'm just pointing out that dumping Ference at this point makes zero sense.

You could actually make a case that Ference has been the best D on the team so far.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
BruinsBtn

I think Ference has been playing a good solid game. Hunwick had his best game of the season against St. Louis.

I would keep everyone and put McQuaid back into the press box until someone else gets hurt/struggles.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Ference is a really good passer...don't feel like that gets brought up enough....and he's fairly quick when healthy.
and...some of the B's NEED to learn how and when to pass.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
SpitfireIX

I think managment and coaching see Ference as one of their most valuable players and they aren't moving him.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss3252 View Post
I think in Boychuk's absence McQuaid has played very well. Seeing we must shed some salary soon , Ference is my pick to leave. I think this trade will not affect us in any way.
Ference in the top 20 +/-nNHL and leading the bruins...

He's playing aggressive, carrying the puck well, nice outlet passes and sticks up for his team-mates.

Yeah, I see why Ference needs to go.

What bother's me the most is Ference will get hurt in a fight, blocking a shot, etc...and everyone will be on his case for being injury prone.

Last edited by Blowfish: 11-07-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Blowfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
I think managment and coaching see Ference as one of their most valuable players and they aren't moving him.
Yup for on / off ice attributes....great leader / character guy. Important for the team, community, and NHL.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Yup for on / off ice attributes....great leader / character guy. Important for the team, community, and NHL.
That is why he stays !

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Dr Quincy

I've come around a lot on Ference. I thought he was terribly overrated by some here (the "He was our best defenseman for a month in 08" stuff was out of hand), but he really is a "decent" player. Until they have better options, and they currently don't, I don't see why we'd move him.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote