HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ISS Top 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2004, 09:58 PM
bmoak

vCash: 500
ISS Top 15

If you don't normally check out the HF Front Page, ISS has their Top 15 with comments and a few extra players here

The rankings are as follows....

1. Alexander Ovechkin LW DYNAMO

2. Evgeni Malkin C METALLURG

3. Lauri Tukonen RW ESPOO BLUES JR.

4. Andrej Meszaros LD TRENCIN DUKLA

5. Robbie Schremp C LONDON

6. Cam Barker LD MEDICINE HAT

7. Alvaro Montoya G U. of MICHIGAN

8. Rostislav Olesz C HC VITKOVICE

9. Andrew Ladd LW CALGARY

10. Wojtek Wolski LW BRAMPTON

11. Drew Stafford RW NORTH DAKOTA

12. Marek Schwarz G SPARTA PRAHA

13. Boris Valabik LD KITCHENER

14. Ladislav Smid LD LIBEREC HV

15. A.J. Thelen LD MICHIGAN STATE

Once again, no consensus outside of the top 2, although this one has more curveballs than most. As a Rangers fan, I can't imagine that Barker would still be available at 6. If this was the real draft, I would do a jig and then work a deal with Edmonton to move up to 14 and have my choice of Smid or Thelen.

I know FW is more of a prospect concern than D, but if you can get the D-men you have ranked as number one AND number two (and everything I've read seems to indicate the Rangers are high on Smid and Thelen) without much effort. If you must have a forward in the first round, you have your choice of Picard or Radulov at 14.

Old
06-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
If you don't normally check out the HF Front Page, ISS has their Top 15 with comments and a few extra players here

The rankings are as follows....

1. Alexander Ovechkin LW DYNAMO

2. Evgeni Malkin C METALLURG

3. Lauri Tukonen RW ESPOO BLUES JR.

4. Andrej Meszaros LD TRENCIN DUKLA

5. Robbie Schremp C LONDON

6. Cam Barker LD MEDICINE HAT

7. Alvaro Montoya G U. of MICHIGAN

8. Rostislav Olesz C HC VITKOVICE

9. Andrew Ladd LW CALGARY

10. Wojtek Wolski LW BRAMPTON

11. Drew Stafford RW NORTH DAKOTA

12. Marek Schwarz G SPARTA PRAHA

13. Boris Valabik LD KITCHENER

14. Ladislav Smid LD LIBEREC HV

15. A.J. Thelen LD MICHIGAN STATE

Once again, no consensus outside of the top 2, although this one has more curveballs than most. As a Rangers fan, I can't imagine that Barker would still be available at 6. If this was the real draft, I would do a jig and then work a deal with Edmonton to move up to 14 and have my choice of Smid or Thelen.

I know FW is more of a prospect concern than D, but if you can get the D-men you have ranked as number one AND number two (and everything I've read seems to indicate the Rangers are high on Smid and Thelen) without much effort. If you must have a forward in the first round, you have your choice of Picard or Radulov at 14.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Here is what they say about Tukonen: "There is a lot of interest in this young player, and rightfully so. Tukonen has the proper combination of size and skill to be an excellent pro player. Top power forwards are one of the scarcest commodities in hockey and Tukonen is one of the most exceptional power forward prospects in this year’s draft. He has a world-class scoring skill, timing, soft hands, toughness in front of the goalie and a very quick release with uncanny precision."

So does Tukonen have "world class scoring skill and a very quick release with uncanny precision" or does he have "stone hands" like some have said?

Old
06-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Edge

scoring and scoring goals are different areas.

The kid can score, the jury is still out on whether he'll get goals.

Old
06-14-2004, 05:40 AM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightthepower
The only fools here that said he had stone hands are clowns that want us to waste our pick on Olesz. I pray we aren't that stupid.
Please...

Old
06-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Edge

Quote:
The only fools here that said he had stone hands are clowns that want us to waste our pick on Olesz. I pray we aren't that stupid.

Ah another poster who will be gone in a month checks in.

As for Tukonen, fact of the matter is when you watch him he doesn't have a goal scorers hands. That's not saying he is a bad player or he won;t be in the NHL {in fact most people agree he is a safe bet to play in the NHL}.

But you see kids long enough and you certain signs that usually point to them not being goal scorers. They're still NHL players, just not goal guys. Guys like Koivu, Sundstrom, Rita, etc. Guys who were good players, but just werent NHL goal scorers despite their international abilities.

Is Olesz a better player? Maybe, maybe not, but he probably has a higher top end for goal scoring all things being equal.

But you're gonna learn real quick on the boards that little outbursts like that are a quick way to join the long lists of people who come on these boards, try and throw their weight around and quickly fade into situations where people ignore em.

Old
06-14-2004, 02:05 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Lol. Guess someone doesnt know enough hockey to know what they're saying. I personally haven't seen any of the prospects, but I can tell you scouting goes a little more than just seeing Olesz with one goal this year and bashing him.

In agreement with Edge from being around hockey as a player and viewer. There is a lot more than getting goals and having the shot to get the goals. Think of Rick Nash and Ilya Kovalchuk. Nash is no slouch shooting wise but most of his goals came from a foot away from the goal. Kovalchuks goals come primarily from his sick shooting skills and sniper ability. The guys that have the shot from anywhere on the ice will be a little more consistent in putting up points IMO. This may not make my point clear though as both are stars.

Closed Thread