HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2010, 12:47 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Anyone who plays a finesse skilled style is not a Lombardi type player.

It's pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, cause Kopitar didn't get a big long-term deal or anything like that.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, cause Kopitar didn't get a big long-term deal or anything like that.
Your one example you always fall back on. Perhaps I should have said any winger who plays a skilled game, is that better?

How on Earth after five years, seven first round picks (3 in the Top 5) can this team be so bad as far as skilled players goes?

We all know Dean values wingers about as much as eskimos value bikinis. Do you think this is a flawed strategy for building a team?

Old
11-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Your one example you always fall back on. Perhaps I should have said any winger who plays a skilled game, is that better?

How on Earth after five years, seven first round picks (3 in the Top 5) can this team be so bad as far as skilled players goes?

We all know Dean values wingers about as much as eskimos value bikinis. Do you think this is a flawed strategy for building a team?
If you think the lack of a skilled winger or two is the only thing keeping us from being a great team, you haven't been watching very closely.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:06 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

No.

I think it is always best to take the best player available in the draft. The Kings' organization is stacked with the one thing most teams want the most, talented and skilled young defensemen. A move will be made at some point with some of those assets to fill in the blanks.

And my one example? Please point to any post where I have said that Kopitar is the only example of a skilled forward that the Kings possess. You said skilled players are not a fit for a Lombardi team. I simply pointed out that he gave the biggest contract to the most skilled player on the team.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:29 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Do you think this is a flawed strategy for building a team?
nope!

Old
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
damacles1156

Quote:

Nope, Wingers are nice (Kane Cammy ETC) but they are not the reason teams win Stanley cups. It's down the Center.

If wingers won teams cups (they do help) Kovi would have about five cups right now. Danny Heater would have won at least one by now. Hell it took Hossa three tries and three different teams.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I'd rather be thin on wingers than any other position to be honest.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I'd rather be thin on wingers than any other position to be honest.
Just look at the Hawks, great talent and Turco keeps shi$%^ the bed nightly.

Old
11-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Shellz

Petr Prucha on waivers. Any interest? He plays left wing according to Yahoo.

Old
11-25-2010, 01:29 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Petr Prucha on waivers. Any interest? He plays left wing according to Yahoo.
Our future first line LW

Old
11-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Our future first line LW
Haha. Well, I didn't mean throw him up there with Kopitar.
But, he's a hard working player. You know how Dean loves his hard workers.

Old
11-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would take anyone, Prucha sounds fine. He has had a scoring touch in the past, has only a year remaining on contract, at a cheap rate of $1.1 million, and is a natural left wing. It is a reasonable experiment, if anything goes wrong you can always send him to Manchester to help with a championship there...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
11-25-2010, 02:00 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would take anyone, Prucha sounds fine. He has had a scoring touch in the past, has only a year remaining on contract, at a cheap rate of $1.1 million, and is a natural left wing. It is a reasonable experiment, if anything goes wrong you can always send him to Manchester to help with a championship there...
How sad is it that it has come to this? Lombardi has really dropped the ball on this one

Old
11-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Filatov for Hickey

Had to be said, should have happened 3 years ago at the draft
No one would be crazy enough to have done it 3 years ago.

Takes two to make a trade.....

Old
11-25-2010, 02:51 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Filatov for Hickey

Had to be said, should have happened 3 years ago at the draft
You mean Voracek.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:10 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Yah, seems like a good gamble. He could be one of those guys who just needs 20 minutes and lots of PP time or else he sucks. The question is why do his minutes usually end up going down and the answer usually is the player doesn't play defense. Give him first line minutes for 10 games and see what happens although I don't trust guys named Petr.

Old
11-25-2010, 03:24 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Give him first line minutes for 10 games and see what happens although I don't trust guys named Petr.

Old
11-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Mike The Franchise

Just spoke with some of the guys from the Pheonix forum, they said that the reason for waiving Prucha was because even though he wasn't good at any one thing and was not bad either they have players that easily take that role however, they said he can chip in a dozen or more goals a year.

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot maybe a change of scenary will improve his game and with the loss of Poni we are short on LW talent, plus the Yotes said that he is a very hard worker so DL probably at least took a glance at his name when he was waived.

Old
11-25-2010, 05:14 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
You mean Voracek.
yes, sorry Voracek.
I was in Calgary that day, had ditched the family and stayed at my inlaws to watch the draft and as they went to announce the pick all I could thnk of was Alzer or Voracek and was having a fight in my head between the two willing to accept whichever one Lombardi called as in my mind there was no other choices in my mind. Then I heard the words Thomas Hickey and went what the ............. , I was dumbfounded, my brother in law who is a huge Flames fan started laughing.

To this day I am still dumbfounded by the pick, even after our brass's explanation on the pick, the rumors 2 other teams had him in their top 10, numerous explanations and support of the pick on these boards, etc.

Voracek fills a current need. Hickey is replacable by 3 or 4 other dman in our system. Unless he starts fartin rainbows or something I still believe it was a blown pick. If he has any value trade him in a package for a legit winger

Old
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Tadite

Yes... Hickey was a terrible pick.... Terrible pick then and has just gotten worse as the years go by.

Old
11-25-2010, 06:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

That's one opinion tadite.

I would argue that the jury is still out when you consider that he is still way below the league average age for a pmd to prove themselves.

I will agree that as a fourth overall pick that I expected him to have made the team by now but I still believe that he is going to be a second pairing PMD in time.

Old
11-25-2010, 07:01 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Trevor Lewis is proof in front of our eyes that You need to be patient with draft picks. Now consider that forwards develop faster than dmen and goalies in general and lay off Bernier and Hickey.

Old
11-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Johnny Utah

Please Lombardi....do something for the holidays....

I love how we needed a LW last year and Lombardi didn't land anyone and now this season we still need one and the guy they wanted in the roll is on the shelf (Parse). And the dude they replaced Frolov with, who could also be a top line LW, is hurt and they never even tried him on the top line. Poni should be given a chance with Brown/Kopi when he comes back...Keep Zeus/Simmonds together and insert either Clifford or Richie.

Old
11-25-2010, 09:45 PM
KingPuckChoo

ughh we're terrible...

Old
11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
ughh we're terrible...