HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
timmeh

vCash: 500
I would love Johnson to sign a 7 year 3.5-4.5 million dollar contract...

Old
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
The same strong locker room that's folded like a paper chair when two vets went out of the lineup? How do you think Lombardi would react if Kessel were on the Kings and spoke to the media about his benching the way he did in TO? The term "head explosion" comes to mind.
You missed the point dude. If we are going by Dean's own words, then to say he would never add a non-character player, like I believe you did, is simply wrong. Kessel or Heatldy, now or in two years, the point is that Lombardi has always said when the room is strong enough he Will add a player that he wouldn't have before the locker room was established.

And the locker room isn't the problem right now. Personnel and a lack of adaptation from coaching are the reason for the slide. You have zero proof that there is any problem in the locker room.

Old
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Orenji

Semin scores again.

It's sad how good he would be on Kopitar's wing.

Old
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its a deal.

I wonder if a nice young jewish sounding boy would fit on the Kings?

Kidding of course.

Semin would be my first choice if I had one for the LW to play with Kopi.

Old
11-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

A Canucks beat writer has blogged that the Kings may be the team that is in on Fleischmann, who scored 51 points last season (with 20 of those points being generated with the man-advantage).

http://communities.canada.com/thepro...eischmann.aspx
Quote:
This time, the winds of change are howling out of Washington where the Capitals are seeking a defenceman. They had offseason interest in Bieksa and are willing to part with under-achieving 26-year-old forward Tomas Fleischmann. He played 13 minutes Sunday in a 3-2 victory over Carolina, but has just four goals in 22 games and is a pending unrestricted free agent. Fleischmann, who started the season as the Captials' second-line centre, was also a healthy scratch in a Nov. 17 win over the Buffalo Sabres. He was also mentioned in another rumour late Sunday night that had him heading to the Los Angeles Kings.
He actually played center most of last season, centering a line with Brooks Laich and Alex Semin. Here's a highlight reel of Fleischmann's goals from the 2008-09 season.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:33 AM
SuperAlmeida

How is Fleischmann on faceoffs? (Compared to Kopitar).

Old
11-29-2010, 07:51 AM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
How is Fleischmann on faceoffs? (Compared to Kopitar).
Caps fan here.

Flash is horrible at faceoffs and is much more effective at LW than C. He's a legitimate second line scoring LW but not a legitimate second line C.

What do you guys have that could come back to WSH? We're probably looking to acquire a D, a 3-4 guy most likely.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
dashtary*

Another Capitals fan here. I wanted to see how a deal around Fleischmann for one of your Defenseman, say Greene fair? We would probably have to add but is the value there? Thanks.

Old
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We have too much depth on D and are ripe for the picking. That said, I can't see us parting with Greene or with Scuderi/Mitchell.

Likely we would be the ones adding but here's a shot at who we would likely move.

First, if you need a reliable stay at home D who doesn't run around and can skate then we would start with Driewiskie. He has some experience and is under rated. When on he can be true top 4 guy and when off he is alright as a 5/6. He doesn't take stupid penalties and can even play a physical game when needed.

Next we have two kids who are both solid in their own end PMD types.

First is Jake Muzzin,

He does it all and in his handful of games with the Kings this season was really impressive. He skates really well and makes a great first pass. He has eye's in the back of his head and is a solid skater. He is a rookie but has shown that we have barely scratched the surface of his skills and that he looks like a solid 2nd PP unit guy and likely a 2nd pairing guy as well.

Then we have Alex Martinez.

He is a second pairing guy with some very solid offensive upside. He can skate really well and has a really powerful stride. He is an excellent passer and after making the team last season out of camp only to have a minor injury see him back in the AHL (he spent 4 games with us last year) he is back up with the team now and really impressing. He has pretty solid hockey I.Q. as well as being able to play solid in his own end.

As for prospects we have Thomas Hickey, V Voynov, C Tuebert, etc.

We are vastly deep with D and D that can step in and help you right away. Like I said though, I can't see us dealing either of our 3 vets unless the deal was pretty big. Each of them anchor one of our kids most of the time and with our kids being highly mobile types they need a stay at home guy to fill the bill.

That said, if you guys were to make an offer with a nice upside who knows?

Old
11-29-2010, 10:57 AM
dashtary*

I'm thinking that we need a banger. Greene's ideal but I know he's solid for L.A. I haven't seen much of Drewiske TBH, is he physical? I think that we want a more-seasoned player over a prospect too.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:52 AM
The Judge

Players on Waivers... Thoughts...

Quote:
kausatoday Kevin Allen
Phoenix Coyotes have placed Petr Prucha on waivers. Vancouver's Schaefer, Chicago's Garnet Exelby also on waivers.
37 minutes ago

Any of these that may fit our LA Kings?

Old
11-29-2010, 11:56 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Quote:
kausatoday Kevin Allen
Phoenix Coyotes have placed Petr Prucha on waivers. Vancouver's Schaefer, Chicago's Garnet Exelby also on waivers.
37 minutes ago

Wait, what? That happened days ago and they all cleared

Old
11-29-2010, 11:56 AM
DeeMeck

The only guy on waivers that is going to fit the team right now is......John Zeiler.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Quote:
kausatoday Kevin Allen
37 minutes ago

They have already cleared waivers, that report is a couple of days old.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Quote:
kausatoday Kevin Allen
37 minutes ago

That was like 4 days ago. He cleared.

Old
Shellz

Damn you, Telos

Old
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Damn you, Telos
I beat Shellz!

Muahahahaha!

Old
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Wait, what? That happened days ago and they all cleared
oops. sorry been off for a week now on the board lately.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
That was like 4 days ago. He cleared.
So none of those players were worth it for us?

Old
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
So none of those players were worth it for us?
Not according to Lombardi. Just have to wait and see... I am pretty much just waiting to see what he does this season. I don't want Prucha if he has something better up his sleeve, but he has to get it done this year. If we enter next season without another top line player on Kopitar's wing, we will have more than serious problems, and the blame won't stray very war away from Lombardi.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
realroadrage
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

He is a second pairing guy with some very solid offensive upside. He can skate really well and has a really powerful stride. He is an excellent passer and after making the team last season out of camp only to have a minor injury see him back in the AHL (he spent 4 games with us last year) he is back up with the team now and really impressing. He has pretty solid hockey I.Q. as well as being able to play solid in his own end.
Based on this description of Martinez, I could see McPhee being interested in him.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
dashtary*

The growing belief now is that Voynov is in the deal coming to Washington. Which would make sense as he's Russian and Dmitry breaks Russian news.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

He's also suprisingly more physical than I thought. While he's not the rough and tumble type of player, I was pleasantly suprised at his physical play vs CHI. Had a few very nice hits and showed a small amount of grit.

I know you have to give to get, but I'd rather hold on to Martinez. I can see why Mgt was/is high on him. He could turn into a pretty good player in the not so distant future.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
The growing belief now is that Voynov is in the deal coming to Washington. Which would make sense as he's Russian and Dmitry breaks Russian news.

Hope this isn't the truth. Voynov is my favorite d-man prospect and I'd like him only to be traded for something better then that!

Old
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
He's also suprisingly more physical than I thought. While he's not the rough and tumble type of player, I was pleasantly suprised at his physical play vs CHI. Had a few very nice hits and showed a small amount of grit.

I know you have to give to get, but I'd rather hold on to Martinez. I can see why Mgt was/is high on him. He could turn into a pretty good player in the not so distant future.
He has been playing well. Of course some people believe that his call up was to showcase his talent for a trade. I think he is one of the odd men out considering we still have hickey, muzzin, voynov (who has been playing well in manchester) still waiting in the wings.

The interesting part, is who do we hold onto the next few seasons? If we keep JJ and DD on long term deals, then we wont have many roster opportunities for them until Scuds, Mitchell and Greene are off the books.

All that being said, i dont think DL is targeting Fleischmann.

Then again barry just tweeted that the kings have made a offer that the Caps like... *crosses fingers for Semin* lol... i know its a pipedream.

Closed Thread