HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
lafan13

vCash: 500
LA wont trade for semin till after Jan 1st....

It will cost alot to get him, and Dean will only pay that price if semin signs long term.

Teams cannot talk contracts with him untill Jan 1st 2011...
So i dont see him moving yet....

Fleishmann for voynov could be a precurser to a bigger trade happening later down the road... I personally see voynov being more valuable then fleishmann in this trade.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Shellz

Eklund JR. at it again

Old
11-29-2010, 12:25 PM
riznat

I don't want to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade but there is no point in the Kings having so many defensive prospects with so few spots. It is time to trade one (or possibly two if the right deal is there) of Hickey, Voynov, Martinez, Drewiske, Teubert, Campbell, Kolomatis... pretty much anyone should be considered in a trade.

If the caps are interested in Voynov then we should trade him, is he any better or bring something different then Martinez? I have to admit I don't know a whole lot about fleischmann but he seems to be a capable NHL player who could work in our top six, I think thats pretty good return for a d prospect who has yet to play in the NHL and we have the depth to part with him. Of course if we could somehow come up with a package for Semin that would be amazing.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
How come nobody assumes it's Ovechkin?
I wouldn't mind the parting gift of Backstrom either.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
scramble91

Barry
Quote:
Kings/Caps or Kings/Bruins - source says "close"
I dont know why the Bruins would be in the mix..is there anything we really want from that roster? Wheeler would be an upgrade over king..but i dont see him being a upgrade over simmonds.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
He's also suprisingly more physical than I thought. While he's not the rough and tumble type of player, I was pleasantly suprised at his physical play vs CHI. Had a few very nice hits and showed a small amount of grit.

I know you have to give to get, but I'd rather hold on to Martinez. I can see why Mgt was/is high on him. He could turn into a pretty good player in the not so distant future.
Martinez laid out a Chicago player at the blue line on a nice check near the boards. He's got a physical side to him.

I wouldn't mind if Voynov was the one to go to Washington. He's paid his dues in the AHL, and should be playing on an NHL team. If not the Kings then trade him elsewhere.

Old
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan13 View Post
LA wont trade for semin till after Jan 1st....

It will cost alot to get him, and Dean will only pay that price if semin signs long term.

Teams cannot talk contracts with him untill Jan 1st 2011...
So i dont see him moving yet....

Fleishmann for voynov could be a precurser to a bigger trade happening later down the road... I personally see voynov being more valuable then fleishmann in this trade.
Technically, I think if Semin were dealt his new team COULD talk contract with him - only the Caps cannot. If I remember correctly (and I'm too lazy to look it up ATM), the CBA is a little vague about this specifically.

I like everything I hear about the D possibilities that could be coming to Washington in a Flash deal. I especially like hearing about Voynov and would love to pry him loose. However, I am under the impression (maybe call it misguided hope) that the Caps would be looking to acquire a veteran, who's been there and done that a few times over, and who can always be counted on to make the smart play. This generally doesn't describe prospects.

But who the hell knows... Both these GMs play things pretty close to their chests.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:01 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy17 View Post
Technically, I think if Semin were dealt his new team COULD talk contract with him - only the Caps cannot. If I remember correctly (and I'm too lazy to look it up ATM), the CBA is a little vague about this specifically.

I like everything I hear about the D possibilities that could be coming to Washington in a Flash deal. I especially like hearing about Voynov and would love to pry him loose. However, I am under the impression (maybe call it misguided hope) that the Caps would be looking to acquire a veteran, who's been there and done that a few times over, and who can always be counted on to make the smart play. This generally doesn't describe prospects.

But who the hell knows... Both these GMs play things pretty close to their chests.
If the caps were to trade Semin, who would fill that spot on the 2nd line for you guys?

Old
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy17 View Post

There is absolutely no way Semin gets traded. I mean zero. He is on fire and might just re-sign for less than market value so he can stick around with his BFF and play on a great team. Plus cup contending teams don't go around trading their leading scorers, even if they think that there is a chance that they might not be able to re-sign their guy.

The Kings are going to trade for second tier guys of the Flash ilk because anything sweeter would take a vast overpayment.

edit: is lakingsinsider down for anyone else? I can't get on for the past five minutes.

Last edited by outofrange: 11-29-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old
11-29-2010, 01:19 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
edit: is lakingsinsider down for anyone else? I can't get on for the past five minutes.
Down for me too.

John Zeiler must have thought it was the glass and broken it.

Old
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
If the caps were to trade Semin, who would fill that spot on the 2nd line for you guys?
Didn't mean to imply he would be dealt - he won't.

Flat out, will not get traded during this season - and after that, incredibly unlikely his rights are dealt.

(IMHO)

Old
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Orenji

If we got Semin, Dean would be forgiven by me for every big name he's missed out on.

I think he actually fits Kopitar's wing better than Kovalchuk would have.

Too bad if we wanted him, Caps would probably say we needed to give them something like 'Bernier + Simmonds + Johnson + Teubert + 1st'

Old
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
If we got Semin, Dean would be forgiven by me for every big name he's missed out on.

Too bad if we wanted him, Caps would probably say we needed to give them something like 'Bernier + Simmonds + Johnson + Teubert + 1st'
its kind of worse...some of them want Brown +...

But the kid is really coming into his own, and he isnt even playing with Backstrom and Ovie (prob with the exception of the PP)...pretty damn solid.

But once again, i have to stop myself from drooling over prime rib, when all ill get is a McRib.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Martinez laid out a Chicago player at the blue line on a nice check near the boards. He's got a physical side to him.

I wouldn't mind if Voynov was the one to go to Washington. He's paid his dues in the AHL, and should be playing on an NHL team. If not the Kings then trade him elsewhere.
I always thought Martinez was pretty soft. I did see that check though. He blasted someone.

Old
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Would not be shocked if Voynov is a part of any deal now or in the very near future.

The thing holding him back is that we're loaded on the right side - Doughty, Johnson, Greene, and now Teubert in Manchester. It will be tough to crack it anytime soon. It's too bad because I think highly of him(slowly emerging as the #2 prospect on my own personal list), what I like most about him is his all-around upside and his ability to PASS the puck, rather than skate with it too much..which is what most of our "puckmovers" do.

Old
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
ShattStar03

You're dreamin if you think DL is getting Semin from Washington, no freakin way. The Caps are trying to win the cup and I don't think they're going to trade their most productive player for a defenseman, ain't going to happen guys.

DL's best bet is to get Wheeler from Boston and go after Semin in the offseason.

Old
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
pain2007

No point in even discussing Semin. Some realistic targets:

Fleischmann: underperforming but was big time scorer in jr and ahl and has improved his point totals every year in the NHL. has effort issues. likely to get dealt due to ufa status and need for D.

Wheeler: also has effort issues but seems to be trying harder this year. Boston needs to clear space when Savard comes back.

Filatov: not cutting it in Columbus, but loads of offensive talent. Would be a gamble as it is unlikely he would come cheap despite his struggles. Could explode if given opportunity or could be a complete bust and bolt for the khl. CBJ need an offensive defenseman, as evidenced by their using Commodore on the PP recently.

Old
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah exactly, Kings might as well wait until the summer when Semin is a UFA.

In terms of D, any prospect is available.....All the Kings D are not going anywhere for at least two more years, Mitchell has the first expiring non RFA contract...so the Kings either deal one of our current top 6 and insert Martinez, Hickey, Teubert or Voynov or they wait till 2012-2013 when Mitchell's contract is up and insert one of the younger guys. If that's the case might as well deal one now.

Mitchell - 2 more years
Greene - 4 more years
Scuderi - 3 more years
Doughty - RFA - will re-sign
Johnson - RFA - will re-sign
Drewiske - 3 more years

None of our young D will be able to crack this line up unless one of these guys is dealt.

Last edited by Johnny Utah: 11-29-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
None of our young D will be able to crack this line up unless one of these guys is dealt.

If anything this is just a sign of how much better our defensive core has become. It's now on the prospects to outplay already established NHL players to force the management to make a space for them. None have really done that yet. I think Mitchell has been what was expected as has Scuderi. Greene and Drewiske are both guys who are likely looking over their shoulders but I completely agree this is the season we're going to have to make some tough decisions.

Old
11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
no name

Quote:

No thank you for that price.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

For a pending UFA? No way.

Semin is a pipe dream for Kings fans, just like Gaborik, Heatly and Kovalchuk.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:33 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Due to contract length alone I think it starts with Greene. Greene, Simmonds + for Semin? I don't like trading either but you have to give to get. Dissapointed with Simmonds development this year but also very aware you have to be patient with young players. Love Greene, love what he brings to the table every night, another Kings Dman where you don't notice him most of the game because his job is basically to not be noticeable (turnovers, bad plays, bad positioning). However, he's a bottom 3 D pairing with the addition of Scuderi and Mitchell and he's not part of the core. If you can improve the top 6 by trading a bottom 6 forward and a bottom 3 dman plus prospects you pull the trigger. The Kings have a lot of prospects but no place to play them, it's time to shuffle the deck.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Johnny Utah

Why give up the farm for a UFA? Semin is in the same spot as Kovy was last year and the Kings still haven't given a contract to Doughty, Hickey or Johnson...so we deal the farm for a rental and now have 4 contracts to negotiate, with 3 of those being BIG deals? Forget it....Give me Sturm or Wheeler for something way less and I'll wait to the summer again and try and land him...again, we will be one of the few teams with cap space and a desirable destination.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:19 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

A thing to consider about Flashman is that he is a natural LW and has been doing his best at being a C and due to a little line juggling and changes that BB has made (and rightly so I think) Flash is having a bit of trouble adjusting and scoring.

I for one think that one of two things happen if we could land TF, the first is that he fits in on Kopi's LW and is the guy that we have been looking for now these past few years, the second is that in a worst case scenario TF will fall onto our perfect second line center/lw. Either way if landed TF we win in my opinion.

Its interesting for what it does to the rest of our team as well. If Stoll is moved from our second line to our fourth line with Lewis and whoever else then we get four very solid scoring lines. IF the cost is one of our young D prospects/players (A-Mart,Muzz,VV Hickey DD) then I say go for it.

I am one of those beat up old school D men who feels that you can never have enough top flight D on your team or in your system and I've never seen a single team with so many NHL caliber D men. Period. We can actually afford to deal away one or two of these guys and still have an abundance of riches.

I am for Flash and if the B's want to give us Savard for something affordable/reasonable to help them get under the cap then send him too.

Old
11-29-2010, 08:52 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:

That's the kind of package deal you pay for Ovechkin, not Semin.

Closed Thread