HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
  #701
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Yep, I just thought I was post it to see if any of you knew if they were holding a scheduled press conference today, or if it was unscheduled until this morning. You never know, it could be a trade, or like you said, could just be for something like the ice rink at LA Live.
They're going to announce that Doughty's opening a cheeseburger stand.

redcard is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
  #702
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Well it doesn't say anything about being a KINGS press conference..
Nope, but in the picture (which the link didn't go through on this site) it looks like the LA Kings carpet is down on the ice. I'm sure it's nothing. Just thought I would share.

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
  #703
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,222
vCash: 500
The press conference is to announce Doughty as the new spokesman for Nutrisystem

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
  #704
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Im pretty sure the press conference is for the actual ice rink

DAkings20 is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
  #705
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The press conference is to announce Doughty as the new spokesman for Nutrisystem
I heard it was so we can all watch Doughty shave off his horrible mustache, thus lifting the curse that has settled over the team.

JBernierFan is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
  #706
Brophy
Registered User
 
Brophy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Davis + a 6th for Flash was the deal from LA. Id personally take Hannan for Flash.


Last edited by Brophy: 11-30-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: n/m
Brophy is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
  #707
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

He looks more like a player coming back from a concussion.

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
  #708
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,672
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

He looks more like a player coming back from a concussion.

so was he suffering from pre-concussion syndrome as well?

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:08 PM
  #709
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Press conference to say that Ron Jeremy is Doughty's real dad.

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
  #710
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,085
vCash: 500
Greene not on ice...

nki is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
  #711
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

He looks more like a player coming back from a concussion.
He may not be fat or out of shape per se, but he sure has lost a step compared to last year. We've seen that play happen a few times now this year where he gets out-skated and out-muscled for a loose puck coming back in the Kings' zone. He hasn't been able to break away from forecheckers coming out of the Kings' zone either.

Maybe he focused too much on increasing his strength and not enough on quickness because he sure doesn't have that step anymore...

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:22 PM
  #712
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
so was he suffering from pre-concussion syndrome as well?
You really think he was this bad for the first 5 games of the season? Sure his offensive numbers weren't there, but I thought he was pretty good in his own zone and didn't make some of the uncharacteristic blunders he's been guilty of lately.

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
  #713
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Greene not on ice...

http://lakingsinsider.com/


Yep. He's obviously been traded.

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
  #714
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Greene for Semin-e5

DAkings20 is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:28 PM
  #715
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
You really think he was this bad for the first 5 games of the season? Sure his offensive numbers weren't there, but I thought he was pretty good in his own zone and didn't make some of the uncharacteristic blunders he's been guilty of lately.
I do. You could see that he didn't have his head in the game from the preseason, and it didn't get much better once the real games started.

agentfouser is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
  #716
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 500
Greene, much like the rest of the Kings' defense, has been rather soft and a nonfactor of late. His physical play and shotblocking hasn't been there. This bad stretch has made a lot of players stand out negatively (save for Quick).

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
  #717
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I do. You could see that he didn't have his head in the game from the preseason, and it didn't get much better once the real games started.
How so?

He hasn't put up the points and really hasn't been an offensive threat at all this season, but for the first 5 games, he and Mitchell were probably our most reliable shutdown pairing.

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
  #718
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
How so?

He hasn't put up the points and really hasn't been an offensive threat at all this season, but for the first 5 games, he and Mitchell were probably our most reliable shutdown pairing.
He was still bobbling the puck, making uncharacteristically bad passes, and just not reading the play well. The concussion is a convenient excuse for his below average play this season.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
  #719
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
How so?

He hasn't put up the points and really hasn't been an offensive threat at all this season, but for the first 5 games, he and Mitchell were probably our most reliable shutdown pairing.
In the preseason, Doughty started taking uncharacteristic penalties, couldn't elude forecheckers as he was able to in the past, and began making some pretty questionable decisions as he carried the puck up ice, like trying to beat guys one-on-one at inopportune moments. Together, those all suggested two things to me: that his fitness wasn't where it had been in the past, and that his head wasn't consistently in the game.

That carried through into the regular season. I agree that he and Mitchell were good together, and I'm not trying to say that Mitchell was some kind of magical player who made Doughty a totally different player, but Mitchell was a real safety net for Doughty and covered up mistakes.

agentfouser is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
  #720
Brophy
Registered User
 
Brophy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Ill tell you what, when i had a concussion, i never drank so much tecate and ate so many hot dogs and doughnuts in my life.

Brophy is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
  #721
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He was still bobbling the puck, making uncharacteristically bad passes, and just not reading the play well. The concussion is a convenient excuse for his below average play this season.
So is saying he's fat when clearly he doesn't look any fatter than last year.

And again, while he wasn't Jesus Doughty to start the season, he was NOT making the types of boneheaded plays like last night and pretty much for the last 8 games or so.

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:14 PM
  #722
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Nope, but in the picture (which the link didn't go through on this site) it looks like the LA Kings carpet is down on the ice. I'm sure it's nothing. Just thought I would share.
Looks like whoever said it was for the actual ice itself was right. The Grand Opening is tomorrow:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=503533

tantrum4* is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
  #723
son of earl
Registered User
 
son of earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So cali
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Looks like whoever said it was for the actual ice itself was right. The Grand Opening is tomorrow:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=503533
It was open at the last game.

son of earl is online now  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
  #724
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
In the preseason, Doughty started taking uncharacteristic penalties, couldn't elude forecheckers as he was able to in the past, and began making some pretty questionable decisions as he carried the puck up ice, like trying to beat guys one-on-one at inopportune moments. Together, those all suggested two things to me: that his fitness wasn't where it had been in the past, and that his head wasn't consistently in the game.

That carried through into the regular season. I agree that he and Mitchell were good together, and I'm not trying to say that Mitchell was some kind of magical player who made Doughty a totally different player, but Mitchell was a real safety net for Doughty and covered up mistakes.
By uncharacteristic, I'm assuming you mean obstruction/interference type penalties... bascially 'lazy' penalties? I do agree that in the preseason he did, but once the season started, he took 1 tripping minor, 1 HS minor and 1 roughing minor.

If I recall that tripping penalty he took vs Vancover, he was defending a player coming down the boards and the guy chipped it into the LA zone. You could see Doughty wanted to go for the hip check, but hesitated and it got to a point where the player didnt have the puck for a good 2-3 seconds. Any hit now would've been interference , but by the time that decision was made, the guy had already gotten around Doughty so he reached out with his stick.

Now, that was probably too many words for something insignificant, but to me it demonstrates a player making a poor decision based on wanting to throw the big hit versus being out of shape.

Also, I don't see how trying to beat players one-on-one demonstrates a lack of fitness. He's been doing those failed rushes going back to his junior days. Any Guelph fan will tell you, for every spectacular end to end rush he scored on, there were 10 failed attempts.

Lastly, how does someone lacking in fitness log 23-29 minutes per game? It's not like he's looks gassed at the end of the games recently. He's looks sluggish right from the start....

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
  #725
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

He looks more like a player coming back from a concussion.
Kings are having a tough time, so we are taking jabs/making jokes about the guys.
Just check out LGK:

Drew Doughty is so fat

Cruel11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.