HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2010, 12:40 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Yep, I just thought I was post it to see if any of you knew if they were holding a scheduled press conference today, or if it was unscheduled until this morning. You never know, it could be a trade, or like you said, could just be for something like the ice rink at LA Live.
They're going to announce that Doughty's opening a cheeseburger stand.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Well it doesn't say anything about being a KINGS press conference..
Nope, but in the picture (which the link didn't go through on this site) it looks like the LA Kings carpet is down on the ice. I'm sure it's nothing. Just thought I would share.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

The press conference is to announce Doughty as the new spokesman for Nutrisystem

Old
11-30-2010, 12:44 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Im pretty sure the press conference is for the actual ice rink

Old
11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The press conference is to announce Doughty as the new spokesman for Nutrisystem
I heard it was so we can all watch Doughty shave off his horrible mustache, thus lifting the curse that has settled over the team.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Brophy

Davis + a 6th for Flash was the deal from LA. Id personally take Hannan for Flash.

Last edited by Brophy: 11-30-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: n/m
Old
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

He looks more like a player coming back from a concussion.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
I'll admit that I took a 'fatty' jab at Doughty after he got stripped of the puck yesterday, but tbh I don't think he looks fat or out of shape.

so was he suffering from pre-concussion syndrome as well?

Old
11-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Fat Elvis

Press conference to say that Ron Jeremy is Doughty's real dad.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
nki

Greene not on ice...

Old
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

He may not be fat or out of shape per se, but he sure has lost a step compared to last year. We've seen that play happen a few times now this year where he gets out-skated and out-muscled for a loose puck coming back in the Kings' zone. He hasn't been able to break away from forecheckers coming out of the Kings' zone either.

Maybe he focused too much on increasing his strength and not enough on quickness because he sure doesn't have that step anymore...

Old
11-30-2010, 01:22 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
so was he suffering from pre-concussion syndrome as well?
You really think he was this bad for the first 5 games of the season? Sure his offensive numbers weren't there, but I thought he was pretty good in his own zone and didn't make some of the uncharacteristic blunders he's been guilty of lately.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Greene not on ice...

http://lakingsinsider.com/

Yep. He's obviously been traded.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Greene for Semin-e5

Old
11-30-2010, 01:28 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
You really think he was this bad for the first 5 games of the season? Sure his offensive numbers weren't there, but I thought he was pretty good in his own zone and didn't make some of the uncharacteristic blunders he's been guilty of lately.
I do. You could see that he didn't have his head in the game from the preseason, and it didn't get much better once the real games started.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Greene, much like the rest of the Kings' defense, has been rather soft and a nonfactor of late. His physical play and shotblocking hasn't been there. This bad stretch has made a lot of players stand out negatively (save for Quick).

Old
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I do. You could see that he didn't have his head in the game from the preseason, and it didn't get much better once the real games started.
How so?

He hasn't put up the points and really hasn't been an offensive threat at all this season, but for the first 5 games, he and Mitchell were probably our most reliable shutdown pairing.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
How so?

He hasn't put up the points and really hasn't been an offensive threat at all this season, but for the first 5 games, he and Mitchell were probably our most reliable shutdown pairing.
He was still bobbling the puck, making uncharacteristically bad passes, and just not reading the play well. The concussion is a convenient excuse for his below average play this season.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
How so?

In the preseason, Doughty started taking uncharacteristic penalties, couldn't elude forecheckers as he was able to in the past, and began making some pretty questionable decisions as he carried the puck up ice, like trying to beat guys one-on-one at inopportune moments. Together, those all suggested two things to me: that his fitness wasn't where it had been in the past, and that his head wasn't consistently in the game.

That carried through into the regular season. I agree that he and Mitchell were good together, and I'm not trying to say that Mitchell was some kind of magical player who made Doughty a totally different player, but Mitchell was a real safety net for Doughty and covered up mistakes.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Brophy

Ill tell you what, when i had a concussion, i never drank so much tecate and ate so many hot dogs and doughnuts in my life.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:11 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
He was still bobbling the puck, making uncharacteristically bad passes, and just not reading the play well. The concussion is a convenient excuse for his below average play this season.
So is saying he's fat when clearly he doesn't look any fatter than last year.

And again, while he wasn't Jesus Doughty to start the season, he was NOT making the types of boneheaded plays like last night and pretty much for the last 8 games or so.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:14 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Nope, but in the picture (which the link didn't go through on this site) it looks like the LA Kings carpet is down on the ice. I'm sure it's nothing. Just thought I would share.
Looks like whoever said it was for the actual ice itself was right. The Grand Opening is tomorrow:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=503533

Old
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Looks like whoever said it was for the actual ice itself was right. The Grand Opening is tomorrow:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=503533
It was open at the last game.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
In the preseason, Doughty started taking uncharacteristic penalties, couldn't elude forecheckers as he was able to in the past, and began making some pretty questionable decisions as he carried the puck up ice, like trying to beat guys one-on-one at inopportune moments. Together, those all suggested two things to me: that his fitness wasn't where it had been in the past, and that his head wasn't consistently in the game.

That carried through into the regular season. I agree that he and Mitchell were good together, and I'm not trying to say that Mitchell was some kind of magical player who made Doughty a totally different player, but Mitchell was a real safety net for Doughty and covered up mistakes.
By uncharacteristic, I'm assuming you mean obstruction/interference type penalties... bascially 'lazy' penalties? I do agree that in the preseason he did, but once the season started, he took 1 tripping minor, 1 HS minor and 1 roughing minor.

If I recall that tripping penalty he took vs Vancover, he was defending a player coming down the boards and the guy chipped it into the LA zone. You could see Doughty wanted to go for the hip check, but hesitated and it got to a point where the player didnt have the puck for a good 2-3 seconds. Any hit now would've been interference , but by the time that decision was made, the guy had already gotten around Doughty so he reached out with his stick.

Now, that was probably too many words for something insignificant, but to me it demonstrates a player making a poor decision based on wanting to throw the big hit versus being out of shape.

Also, I don't see how trying to beat players one-on-one demonstrates a lack of fitness. He's been doing those failed rushes going back to his junior days. Any Guelph fan will tell you, for every spectacular end to end rush he scored on, there were 10 failed attempts.

Lastly, how does someone lacking in fitness log 23-29 minutes per game? It's not like he's looks gassed at the end of the games recently. He's looks sluggish right from the start....

Old
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

Kings are having a tough time, so we are taking jabs/making jokes about the guys.
Just check out LGK:

Drew Doughty is so fat

Closed Thread