HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn's management by JM

Old
11-07-2010, 12:15 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Andrei Kostitsyn's management by JM

Move to AK's support thread if necessary.

I don't understand whats going on through JM's head right now. AK starts the season super hot, scoring 10 points in his first 6games. Then what happens? His line is broken up and he's moved to on the 2nd line with Gomez and Gionta, who are both off to awfull starts.

I can live with the fact that JM tried this to get Gomez and Gionta going...but then the lines are changed again and he's playing with Gomez and Moen...And he hasnt scored a point since....

Am i missing something here?

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
PK76

I was OK with AK playing with Gomez and Gionta while Pleky was sick but yesterday I would've liked to see AK reunited with Pleky and Cam instead of Gomez and Moen/Lapierre.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post

I don't understand whats going on through JM's head right now. AK starts the season super hot, scoring 10 points in his first 6games. Then what happens? His line is broken up and he's moved to on the 2nd line with Gomez and Gionta, who are both off to awfull starts.

I can live with the fact that JM tried this to get Gomez and Gionta going...but then the lines are changed again and he's playing with Gomez and Moen...And he hasnt scored a point since....

It's a team game.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
TankEller*

Quote:

Andrei was very strong between games 3 and 9, and people started to imagine that all of a sudden, he was going to have a breakout year and that all those doubting him last season were dumb and in the wrong end.

Wake up call, fellas! He's always been streaky, and noticeably changed the way he approached the game, is noticeably less effective, for the good reason he's not keeping it simple anymore.

Martin changed things up, and some kool-aid drinkers were naive enough to say he would just get things going once again with Gomez and Gionta.

We're in huge troubles, and no player is exempt of being shuffled in the lineup when that's the case.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:00 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Andrei was very strong between games 3 and 9, and people started to imagine that all of a sudden, he was going to have a breakout year and that all those doubting him last season were dumb and in the wrong end.

Wake up call, fellas! He's always been streaky, and noticeably changed the way he approached the game, is noticeably less effective, for the good reason he's not keeping it simple anymore.

Martin changed things up, and some kool-aid drinkers were naive enough to say he would just get things going once again with Gomez and Gionta.

We're in huge troubles, and no player is exempt of being shuffled in the lineup when that's the case.
Huge trouble? Things haven't been great last few games, but the Habs look much better than last years version. AK shouldn't have been touched. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It was a bone-headed move imo. A player finds his groove, you leave him there.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
He was moved to rejuvenate Gomez and Gionta. The idea was probably that Plek has good chem with Camalleri, therefore, AK becomes expendable in the way that their production won't get hurt because of the loss of AK, while Gomez and Gionta will probably profit from getting a streaking winger.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:05 PM
OneSharpMarble

You could really tell AKost was the sparkplug on that gomez line it is a shame his hot streak was wasted with those two plugs because with Pleks he might have potted another goal. He was creating chances and working hard but recieving very little help.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Habblues

I was just going to start the same thread. AK47,pleks and cammy have been working hard even though they haven`t scored much in 3 games. BUT as long as they are working out there,the points will come. I think Eller should centre Gomez and Gionta. They can feed Eller the puck in the slot and get this kid some quality shots on goal. WAKE UP MARTIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's a team game.
No clue what that has to do with anything. There is also strategy and coaching in the game and I agree with the OP that moving AK around might not be the best thing right now.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

Martin's overcoaching bugs me. Andre Tomas and Mike clicked you'd think he'd let it be, but no...

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:

no

4 pts in his first 6 games

or 10 pts in 9 games

Maganement??

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Martin works with ''pairs'', Cammalleri-Plekanec and Gomez-Gionta

Sadly he hasn't realized its more like Plekanec-Kostitsyn. I'd even venture to say Pouliot-Gomez were pretty awesome together last year also. He's wrong to separate Kostitsyn from Plekanec, of that I'm sure. Cammalleri hasn't even really played will with his linemates this year, he's the odd man odd on that line imho (not because he's a worse player than Kostitsyn but because of chemistry issues)

He should reunite the dwarven warband (Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta) for a game or two instead, it had some success last year and might get the 3 of them to break their slump. For the love of all that is holy I just hope he keeps Moen and Pyatt as far as possible from top lines, its unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
no

4 pts in his first 6 games

or 10 pts in 9 games

Maganement??
Kostitsyn yé magané Pierre!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
LeMAD

Kostitsyn is in a contract year, he will find a way to finish the season with decent numbers no matter how the management handles him.

Last edited by LeMAD: 11-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybajesus View Post
halak has 4 shutouts
He wasn't playing tonight, he has 3 shutouts.

Anyway, I agree that it's messed up. Why the hell has Moen been getting top-6 time he's absolutely worthless offensively.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
One thing about Ak is that he needs to stop being the guy in front of the net on pp (gionta's job).His one timer is deadly, he should be close to the goalie accepting passes for one timers, this is where he is gonna score. He will never score 40 if he doesnt score on pp because scoring 40 goals on even strenght is impossible. He is good with either gomez or pleky because both can set him up but i want to see him get set up by gomez on pp, he is good at making quick passes.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
expy

Brought this up already in the Jacques Martin thread. He breaks up the only line that was scoring, to try and fix another... But didn't succeed, and ended up with two broken top lines, and the third line breaking out in 1 game.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
One word to describe this strategy: Shameless

He has to keep AKOS with Plekanec , it's been 3 or 4 years they play together, **** cammalleri , put him with the other useless small boys , he fits.

Keep the real habs together , those that grew up in the organization , not the one that came here because we overpaid for them and then gave the tradition and ambiance as an excuse that they sign here.****ing travesty.

Oh thats true , gomez didnt sign here , who cares , hes making 8,3 , thats 10 000$ every top 10 plays he make every game , which mean 100 tickets the fans has to paid 100$ for every top 10 stupid move gomez makes every game.Life is fair they said.

Last edited by Jafar: 11-07-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post

Euh..You think Andrei has played bad the last two games?..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:23 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post

He has to keep AKOS with Plekanec , it's been 3 or 4 years they play together, **** cammalleri , put him with the other useless small boys , he fits.

Keep the real habs together , those that grew up in the organization , not the one that came here because we overpaid for them and then gave the tradition and ambiance as an excuse that they sign here.****ing travesty.

Oh thats true , gomez didnt sign here , who cares , hes making 8,3 , thats 10 000$ every top 10 plays he make every game , which mean 100 tickets the fans has to paid 100$ for every top 10 stupid move gomez makes every game.Life is fair they said.
Cammalleri will still be with the team next year, and that's not Kostitsyn's case.

Old
11-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Cammalleri will still be with the team next year, and that's not Kostitsyn's case.
unfortunately

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:15 AM
neofury*

Quote:

No offense but this post made me laugh. You make it sound like certain players aren't worthy of wearing the CH when last year the very same players you're referring to were a huge part of our teams success.

Also that's a really nice way to spin the numbers, but I could just as easily do the same for any team with an overpaid player. Gomez makes what an overpayment of like 4 million. Many teams have a few players that add up to 4 million in overpayment or one that's close. We see dmen in this league making 4 million who should be arguably in the AHL....

Point is anyone can take numbers like that and use them in some crazy context that is hardly relevant to the situation at hand. We don't pay ticket prices based on what we pay Gomez. If it weren't him it would be someone else and believe me if he wasn't the whipping boy this year it would be whoever else is getting paid a premium and not playing well. Truthfully though who has he had to play with Moen/Pyatt? Gionta whose been on a cold streak? Gomez/Gionta since day one of being here clear as day had the most chemistry with two players. Markov whose been injured on and off for a long time. Pouliot whose struggled and hasn't been put back on that line.

Really I mean most times they're on the ice it isn't with the likes of Subban, and it's only with Markov maybe half the time if they're lucky. They're alone out there and until Pouliot has proved to JM he's consistent and good enough to play in the top 6, they'll be alone and they will struggle. Any line short of a Crosby/Ovy/Etc line will struggle if you put a 4th liner on it. It's just common sense. Crosby even struggled when he did have past success with Kunitz one year, and Kunitz isn't exactly a 4th liner.

It's already hard enough to remain consistent, have chemistry what with all the injuries in the NHL when you have an actual full top 6 talent line backed by talented puckmoving/offensive D. How easy do you think it is when you don't have any of that?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:36 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:

Real Habs? So you are a fake hab if the team signs you as a free agent or trades for you? So Halpern who is co-leader in scoring on the team is a fake hab?

How did we overpay for them? Supposedly Toronto offered him more but he preferred to come here in the case of Cammy. Have you seen any of the interviews or read the articles on how stoked Cammy is to be a Montreal Canadien?

You should really find another team to cheer for if you are not happy with the way things are here and you hate half the players.

Old
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Keep the real habs fans together, those that grew up cheering for the organization, not the ones that came here to boo the team and then gave the tradition and ambiance as an excuse for becoming a fan. ****ing travesty.

See, I can do it too ! And it matches !

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
unfortunately
So you would offer a big contract to Kostitsyn right now even though he has been invisible 90% of the time since the start of his career, and knowing he might be giving a **** this year only because it's a contract year for him?

Old
11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
So you would offer a big contract to Kostitsyn right now even though he has been invisible 90% of the time since the start of his career, and knowing he might be giving a **** this year only because it's a contract year for him?
Of course he is a real Hab.