HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Your LW & C for the fourth line

Old
11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
David Booth Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
I'd like to trade for Smithson and Ward from Nashville

Sedin, D - Sedin, H - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Torres - Malhotra - Ward
Glass - Smithson - Hansen
how can u even consider bumping hansen from the 3rd line?

David Booth Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

It's obvious we'll be giving Oreskovich a shot at some point; he's been fairly solid down on the farm and his speed was noticeable during the pre-season. The fourth line centre options are really limited though, we're pretty much stuck with Schaefer until Bolduc is back in action. I'd love to pick-up another defensive centre for that 4th line spot; I know it's unrealistic but picking up Gaustad off the Sabres would be my dream scenario...only guy better then Malhotra on draws this season. Unfortunately his salary is a bit too high at $2.3 million and I'm not sure if the Sabres would be interested in moving him.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24CheckingCross View Post
why is there a thread after thread about borderline AHL players playing on a borderline AHL line. they will not have any impact on the games regardless who's on the line. theyre there just to fill the line-up
and to play some minutes, so players like Burrows, Kesler and Malhotra are fresh for the playoffs

you give Luongo time off, the same should be said for the forwards

so you're up 4-2 in the 3rd period. you put out the 4th line and they easily get scored on. your 4th line has just made an impact on the game

like it or not, you need your center to legitimately be able to face opposing top 6 forwards. and not look like pylons from the '80s

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomination View Post
Yes! I have been saying this for a couple of months already...that bottom 6 would be one of the best in the league.

Bieksa and a prospect for Smithson and Ward?

EDIT: Apparently Smithson is good on faceoffs and Ward is a good pker so they'd be helping in those two areas as well
Bieksa for Fleischmann, Fleischmann for Smithson and Ward is how it would theoretically happen.

Someone mentioned Montreal, but I doubt they'd part with Lapierre. Bieksa for Moen, Halpern, and possibly a pick or prospect would be fine by me.

In the meantime (ie. before a Bieksa trade), I'm looking forward to giving Bolduc another shot. I know Desbiens isn't the most popular guy, but I would have liked to see him with Bolduc since their chemistry goes back a long way. And for whoever mentioned "hype" around Bolduc making this team, there's no hype -- it's simply taken as a given that he'll be slotted back into the 4c role since he made the team there and hasn't been replaced.

Edit: And why is the RW set? I would think there'd be some debate as to who slots in there.

Last edited by wholesickcrew: 11-07-2010 at 03:23 PM.
wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholesickcrew View Post
Bieksa for Fleischmann, Fleischmann for Smithson and Ward is how it would theoretically happen.

Someone mentioned Montreal, but I doubt they'd part with Lapierre. Bieksa for Moen, Halpern, and possibly a pick or prospect would be fine by me.

In the meantime (ie. before a Bieksa trade), I'm looking forward to giving Bolduc another shot. I know Desbiens isn't the most popular guy, but I would have liked to see him with Bolduc since their chemistry goes back a long way. And for whoever mentioned "hype" around Bolduc making this team, there's no hype -- it's simply taken as a given that he'll be slotted back into the 4c role since he made the team there and hasn't been replaced.

Edit: And why is the RW set? I would think there'd be some debate as to who slots in there.
RW isn't set, but theres at least legitimately players avaliable in the organization that can play there. unlike the other two positions.
theres Oreskovich, Perrault, Hodgson, Stefan Schneider, Desbiens

Old
11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
Max Lapierre hasn't played much center this season. Probably because of Boyd and Lars Eller
Which means he is expendable. We are looking for someone to fill in about 5 minutes a game considering Sedin, Kesler, Malhotra average around 55 minutes. Ideally, we should pick up a player that crashes and bangs relentlessly for those 5 minutes.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Canucks have been short of centers this year. No kids made the team.

They need to add a center.

There are no centers left in free agency.

There are no NHL ready Moose.

There are no roster centers. Rypien and Sheafer are wingers. Bolduc is an AHLer.

Waivers is all there is. Seriously, would you trade for a fourth liner? What can the Canucks offer in a trade, anyway?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Andy Dufresne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
RW isn't set, but theres at least legitimately players avaliable in the organization that can play there. unlike the other two positions.
theres Oreskovich, Perrault, Hodgson, Stefan Schneider, Desbiens
Not all RW's can play LW, not all centers can play the wing at all, BUT if you have a long list of potential RW's it's very likely some of them could play the left side as well.

Hodgson played LW on the PP in Brampton and on the WJC team. I don't think he ever played the right side at all.

EDIT: Based on that list of players (Schneider?) Bill Sweatt, a natural lw'er should be included. If we have a problem, it's with all of the 4th line spots not just 2.

Andy Dufresne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Andy Dufresne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
There are no centers left in free agency.
Where'd Begin end up going?

Andy Dufresne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
Where'd Begin end up going?
Nashville, but they sent him down to Milwaukee.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Anonymous User

Glass has played well so far piling up some points and drawing penalities.

The other two spots on the fourth line are a concern, but I'll critique the fourth line fairly when Bolduc comes back. He was good in his one game against the Kings and was very agressive. I think there is potential for a good fourth line if Bolduc, Schaefer and Desbiens stay healthy and work hard.

My fourth line of choice is Bolduc centering Glass and Schaefer on the wings.

Anonymous User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
serge2k

I'm hoping to see Hodgson a bit later. Hopefully around January.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
The Big Foot

Stefan Schneider is nowhere near NHL level, he was only signed cause of his size. He's years away from being in the discussion.
Schaeffer-Bolduc-Glass is probably the best we're going to see unless a trade is made, which you've gotta be hoping for.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
EDIT: Based on that list of players (Schneider?) Bill Sweatt, a natural lw'er should be included. If we have a problem, it's with all of the 4th line spots not just 2.
Billy Sweatt isn't in because this is his first year pro. and he isn't heavy enough

like suggested on the first page, Dean McAmmond, Robert Lang are all great selections, for backing up Bolduc

Jonas Andersson, another option for LW