HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Offensive production from defensemen= Fail

Old
11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Fair enough. After all Flower did his job, 50 a year. I agree with you. However, we forget that even Flower and the boys were shut down now and then, and that's when you saw Robinson, Savard and Lapointe take up the slack.

Every really strong team needs 2-3 high scoring D, I stand by this, I've seen it, and I've seen how it wins a hell of a lot of games that would have been lost without them.
I haven't watched the game in its entirety but judging from the highlights we both got our wishes last night.

I get the impression that what you would like to see is the Habs d-men scoring goals and of course Subban scored on the powerplay. What I really liked about that was the willingness of Markov to switch sides. If Subban and Markov can switch back and forth during the same powerplay then it easily could be become lethal again. I'm looking forward to it.

I got my wish when Hamrlik made one of those subtle plays that I think the d-men have been making. He intercepted a pass and fed it quickly to the forwards and Gomez actually finishes. Hamrlik helped by joining the rush and giving the Bruins' D another player to worry about.

Way to go D!!!! Having Markov on one pair, Subban on another and Spacek and Hamrlik on another can make this team dangerous if the forwards finish more than they have been.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:08 PM
baldrick

vCash: 500
Nice try but not going to work. I'm sick of hearing how the problem is always our defensemen. Put the focus for offense back where it belongs on the high-priced forwards. The defence is doing fine thanks.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote