HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Ilari Filpulla

Old
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
WingedWheel

vCash: 500
Ilari Filpulla

Older brother Filpulla having a good season so far. I think he has 15 points in 12 games.

If we do end up with some injuries, maybe he gets a couple of games in, or do we see him crack the lineup next year? hmmm....

WingedWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

vCash: 50
I'd love to see Ilari playing for the Wings, even it's only for a couple of games.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Datsyuk2Zetterberg

i'd like to see it, if anything just to see both filpulla's in the line up.

Datsyuk2Zetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:11 AM
waltdetroit

I thought he was an "insurance" (older player with good skills) pick-up as before the season began there were questions about center depth in GR and Mo's age. Now he's on a wing and doing far better than I hoped - better than just solid. I, Em & Mur deserve a call-up and maybe all 3 make the Wings next year or at least 2 of 3 in the NHL, especially if they all play the rest of the season at the level they are now. There isn't much room, but wouldn't it be something if all 3 were the wings 3rd line next year?? (pardon the over-enthusiasm). If Bert misses time, I-lar might be on Valt's wing.

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:26 AM
zecke26

i feel bad for ilari. his brother is with the wings since 2005 and it took around 4 years for most people to learn how to spell filppula and now the same misspelling starts again?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i feel bad for ilari. his brother is with the wings since 2005 and it took around 4 years for most people to learn how to spell filppula and now the same misspelling starts again?
Yeah c'mon OP, Fillpula can't be that hard to spell surely!!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Yeah c'mon OP, Fillpula can't be that hard to spell surely!!
i blame you! i bet they all put you on their ignore list so they weren't able to learn the name by reading your posts.

Old
11-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
i blame you! i bet they all put you on their ignore list so they weren't able to learn the name by reading your posts.

I guess it's just one of those names that will always give people headaches! In fact, both his first and last names can be tough.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post

I guess it's just one of those names that will always give people headaches! In fact, both his first and last names can be tough.
much like federov!

Old
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50
He is having a nice season. Keep it up older flipper!

I want a double flip!

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever remember how to spell Val's full name correctly.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
newfy

I think Emmerton and Mursak deserve the call up before Ilari does, these guys are out of options next year, have been playing in the wings system for 5 years now and have pretty much the same offensive output.

Just because he is Val's brother doesn't mean he should jump ahead of those 2 on the depth chart

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I think Emmerton and Mursak deserve the call up before Ilari does, these guys are out of options next year, have been playing in the wings system for 5 years now and have pretty much the same offensive output.

Just because he is Val's brother doesn't mean he should jump ahead of those 2 on the depth chart
I think he's being considered to jump them because he's been more productive (last I heard).

As for his name, who cares? I just call him iFlip.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
I think he's being considered to jump them because he's been more productive (last I heard).

As for his name, who cares? I just call him iFlip.
2 more points then Emmerton and 3 more then Mursak. I dont really think that amount of points warrants him getting called up over these guys who are younger and have put in way more time in the wings system and grand rapids.

I'm not sure what Iflip is like in his own zone either but the other 2 are pretty good and I think they both just seem to have more of a future with this team.

Old
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
messias_larry

Some locals said that it looks like he's too good for the ahl level. Looks like Red Wings may have made a good signing.

messias_larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
messias_larry

Yeah but there are other values in Ilari than just points. He is much more exciting player to watch than Mursak or Emmerton. And he still got plenty of good years ahead of him. But he also have more points though...and same amount of goals with Mursak particularly.

messias_larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
2 more points then Emmerton and 3 more then Mursak. I dont really think that amount of points warrants him getting called up over these guys who are younger and have put in way more time in the wings system and grand rapids.

I'm not sure what Iflip is like in his own zone either but the other 2 are pretty good and I think they both just seem to have more of a future with this team.
I'm not saying a couple points make him more diserving, I'm saying that people that think maybe he has a shot to bypass the other two aren't basing their opinion on nothing. It's measly, but it is something.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
It's simple, two "L"s, two "P"s. Or LPPL.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:10 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:

He is 7th in the AHL in scoring. He has definently been the most productive Griffin consistently over the season.

Leino was able to jump everyone in the depth chart because he was the best forward on the Griffins, why can't iFlip?

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
He is 7th in the AHL in scoring. He has definently been the most productive Griffin consistently over the season.

Leino was able to jump everyone in the depth chart because he was the best forward on the Griffins, why can't iFlip?
I dont think its fair. Last year there wasn't anyone NHL ready on the griffins besides him really, they were awful. Now after a year Mursak and Emmerton are scoring at pretty much the same pace, are younger, and have spent much more time working for that call up. 4 seasons in detroits system vs half a season for iFlip

Old
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I dont think its fair. Last year there wasn't anyone NHL ready on the griffins besides him really, they were awful. Now after a year Mursak and Emmerton are scoring at pretty much the same pace, are younger, and have spent much more time working for that call up. 4 seasons in detroits system vs half a season for iFlip
fair? it's a pro sport. you are either better or not.

that being said i think mursak is the better play, because he can skate and grind. ilari needs to gain strength this season and during offseason. the only chance for him. he looked lost among NHLers in camp and preseason.

Old
11-09-2010, 09:26 AM
FabricDetails

Will Ilari have to clear waivers next year if the Wings want to keep him?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
WingedWheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEjU...eature=related

WingedWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I'm fine with the Filppula these days, but the Valtteri still gets me from time to time, I find Ilari easier since everything is singular, of course, with the wrong font I can see how it could cause problems with "who is this LLARI FILPPULA".

Larry Filppula?

I wonder, if Ilari did make the team, is there an obligation for him and Val to play as "I. Filppula" and "V. Filppula" on their jerseys, I can only assume no since the Canucks have those nameless jerseys this season, and I don't think the Niedermayer's did it in Anaheim, although that's probably because the equipment manager had an aneurysm at the thought of trying to fit more letters on there.

If I had a Filppula 51 jersey I wouldn't be particularly thrilled to see him gain a V.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Normally it is "H. Sedin" and "D. Sedin", so I suppose it is possible.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote