HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Ilari Filpulla

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
  #1
WingedWheel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Ilari Filpulla

Older brother Filpulla having a good season so far. I think he has 15 points in 12 games.

If we do end up with some injuries, maybe he gets a couple of games in, or do we see him crack the lineup next year? hmmm....

WingedWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:16 PM
  #2
FinRuutu
Red Wins
 
FinRuutu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 50
I'd love to see Ilari playing for the Wings, even it's only for a couple of games.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
  #3
Datsyuk2Zetterberg
Registered User
 
Datsyuk2Zetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
i'd like to see it, if anything just to see both filpulla's in the line up.

Datsyuk2Zetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:11 AM
  #4
waltdetroit
Registered User
 
waltdetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
I thought he was an "insurance" (older player with good skills) pick-up as before the season began there were questions about center depth in GR and Mo's age. Now he's on a wing and doing far better than I hoped - better than just solid. I, Em & Mur deserve a call-up and maybe all 3 make the Wings next year or at least 2 of 3 in the NHL, especially if they all play the rest of the season at the level they are now. There isn't much room, but wouldn't it be something if all 3 were the wings 3rd line next year?? (pardon the over-enthusiasm). If Bert misses time, I-lar might be on Valt's wing.

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:26 AM
  #5
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,253
vCash: 500
i feel bad for ilari. his brother is with the wings since 2005 and it took around 4 years for most people to learn how to spell filppula and now the same misspelling starts again?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:46 AM
  #6
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i feel bad for ilari. his brother is with the wings since 2005 and it took around 4 years for most people to learn how to spell filppula and now the same misspelling starts again?
Yeah c'mon OP, Fillpula can't be that hard to spell surely!!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:57 AM
  #7
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Yeah c'mon OP, Fillpula can't be that hard to spell surely!!
i blame you! i bet they all put you on their ignore list so they weren't able to learn the name by reading your posts.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:03 AM
  #8
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i blame you! i bet they all put you on their ignore list so they weren't able to learn the name by reading your posts.


I guess it's just one of those names that will always give people headaches! In fact, both his first and last names can be tough.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
  #9
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post


I guess it's just one of those names that will always give people headaches! In fact, both his first and last names can be tough.
much like federov!

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
  #10
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D
 
Frozen Fiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kalamazoo
Country: United States
Posts: 4,640
vCash: 50
He is having a nice season. Keep it up older flipper!

I want a double flip!

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
  #11
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i feel bad for ilari. his brother is with the wings since 2005 and it took around 4 years for most people to learn how to spell filppula and now the same misspelling starts again?
I don't think I'll ever remember how to spell Val's full name correctly.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
  #12
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,621
vCash: 500
I think Emmerton and Mursak deserve the call up before Ilari does, these guys are out of options next year, have been playing in the wings system for 5 years now and have pretty much the same offensive output.

Just because he is Val's brother doesn't mean he should jump ahead of those 2 on the depth chart

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
  #13
DetBigWangs
Registered User
 
DetBigWangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I think Emmerton and Mursak deserve the call up before Ilari does, these guys are out of options next year, have been playing in the wings system for 5 years now and have pretty much the same offensive output.

Just because he is Val's brother doesn't mean he should jump ahead of those 2 on the depth chart
I think he's being considered to jump them because he's been more productive (last I heard).

As for his name, who cares? I just call him iFlip.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
  #14
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
I think he's being considered to jump them because he's been more productive (last I heard).

As for his name, who cares? I just call him iFlip.
2 more points then Emmerton and 3 more then Mursak. I dont really think that amount of points warrants him getting called up over these guys who are younger and have put in way more time in the wings system and grand rapids.

I'm not sure what Iflip is like in his own zone either but the other 2 are pretty good and I think they both just seem to have more of a future with this team.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
  #15
messias_larry
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Some locals said that it looks like he's too good for the ahl level. Looks like Red Wings may have made a good signing.

messias_larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
  #16
messias_larry
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Yeah but there are other values in Ilari than just points. He is much more exciting player to watch than Mursak or Emmerton. And he still got plenty of good years ahead of him. But he also have more points though...and same amount of goals with Mursak particularly.

messias_larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
  #17
DetBigWangs
Registered User
 
DetBigWangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
2 more points then Emmerton and 3 more then Mursak. I dont really think that amount of points warrants him getting called up over these guys who are younger and have put in way more time in the wings system and grand rapids.

I'm not sure what Iflip is like in his own zone either but the other 2 are pretty good and I think they both just seem to have more of a future with this team.
I'm not saying a couple points make him more diserving, I'm saying that people that think maybe he has a shot to bypass the other two aren't basing their opinion on nothing. It's measly, but it is something.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
  #18
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I don't think I'll ever remember how to spell Val's full name correctly.
It's simple, two "L"s, two "P"s. Or LPPL.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:10 AM
  #19
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
2 more points then Emmerton and 3 more then Mursak. I dont really think that amount of points warrants him getting called up over these guys who are younger and have put in way more time in the wings system and grand rapids.

I'm not sure what Iflip is like in his own zone either but the other 2 are pretty good and I think they both just seem to have more of a future with this team.
He is 7th in the AHL in scoring. He has definently been the most productive Griffin consistently over the season.

Leino was able to jump everyone in the depth chart because he was the best forward on the Griffins, why can't iFlip?

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
  #20
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
He is 7th in the AHL in scoring. He has definently been the most productive Griffin consistently over the season.

Leino was able to jump everyone in the depth chart because he was the best forward on the Griffins, why can't iFlip?
I dont think its fair. Last year there wasn't anyone NHL ready on the griffins besides him really, they were awful. Now after a year Mursak and Emmerton are scoring at pretty much the same pace, are younger, and have spent much more time working for that call up. 4 seasons in detroits system vs half a season for iFlip

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
  #21
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dont think its fair. Last year there wasn't anyone NHL ready on the griffins besides him really, they were awful. Now after a year Mursak and Emmerton are scoring at pretty much the same pace, are younger, and have spent much more time working for that call up. 4 seasons in detroits system vs half a season for iFlip
fair? it's a pro sport. you are either better or not.

that being said i think mursak is the better play, because he can skate and grind. ilari needs to gain strength this season and during offseason. the only chance for him. he looked lost among NHLers in camp and preseason.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:26 AM
  #22
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Will Ilari have to clear waivers next year if the Wings want to keep him?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
  #23
WingedWheel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEjU...eature=related

WingedWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
  #24
Drunkspleen
Face of the company
 
Drunkspleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bear Country
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
I don't think I'll ever remember how to spell Val's full name correctly.
I'm fine with the Filppula these days, but the Valtteri still gets me from time to time, I find Ilari easier since everything is singular, of course, with the wrong font I can see how it could cause problems with "who is this LLARI FILPPULA".

Larry Filppula?

I wonder, if Ilari did make the team, is there an obligation for him and Val to play as "I. Filppula" and "V. Filppula" on their jerseys, I can only assume no since the Canucks have those nameless jerseys this season, and I don't think the Niedermayer's did it in Anaheim, although that's probably because the equipment manager had an aneurysm at the thought of trying to fit more letters on there.

If I had a Filppula 51 jersey I wouldn't be particularly thrilled to see him gain a V.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
  #25
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,423
vCash: 500
Normally it is "H. Sedin" and "D. Sedin", so I suppose it is possible.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.