HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rant Time

Old
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Rant Time

Sick of hearing about a 'developing system', a 'blue-collar grinding hard working team'.

This team is neither of those.

Outside of a hot start by the BAR line, there is nothing much that has been good this season.

Penalty kill sucks. Powerplay is average. Faceoffs suck.

MDZ needs to be benched a game. Completely different player. Has NO shot whatsoever, sucks on the PP. Stepan needs a break and it's so evident.

I'm so so sick of the wrap arounds it's not even funny, I know someone just threaded that and props to you. It's absolutely atrocious. We don't even do that in beer league. Get some god damn skill.

Boy do we need Gaborik, Drury, Prospal back.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I would like to have Gabby back as well

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

The fan base really has to chill after every loss. I hate watching them lose lifeless games and I know we went through 7 years of crap and some really bad contracts on this team but it was the 3rd game in four nights and these things happen.

It's a long season and yes, next game will be anything but easy but it's only the second week of November.

That being said one move I'd make is to try swapping Grachev and MZA. I'm a huge Grachev fan and I think he's done fine but give MZA a shot to provide more creativity. It's the Caps, scratch Boogard and play MZA with a scoring line.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I believe Gabby will do absolute wonders for our powerplay, and for games like tonight. There were plenty of shifts where Conklin was ripe for sniping, but we don't have a legit sniper past Gaborik.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Well when you have one line that works, you keep it together. Torts has done that so far. Now we have to wait until Gaborik comes back to complete this team. That gives us two scoring lines.

I'd like to see Stepan up there with Frolov and Gaborik after he gets a break. Maybe even Christensen or Boyle.

Frolov needs to play on the first line though. Playing him on a checking line makes him useless as we can see from his past in L.A.

If Stepan doesn't work on the top line, the third lines of Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko must be put back together especially if Christensen plays like he has as of late. Erik can play very well with Gaborik if needed.

Brendan Shanahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
OverTheCap

The team has been hard-working for the most part.

Things like a bad PK and PP and piss-poor faceoff percentage have to do with a lack of talent. Gabby should help the PP when he returns and Drury should help our PK and FO percentage.

Stepan and DZ are going through growing pains. Some people don't have the stomach to tolerate their struggles. We are one of the youngest teams in the league and have the 2nd youngest defense in the league. Not surprising that they would go through rough patches although I'll admit it can be frustrating at times.

I think this team has performed admirably so far in lieu of all the injuries. Look at how the Devils have fared, now that's a team that doesn't work hard.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
hlundqvist30*

What exactly is disappointing? Who on our team right now is underachieving significantly? Frolov? MDZ? That's about it, and Dubinsky and Boyle's unrealistically hot starts have countered that. The truth is that we're not a great team by any means, and we're missing 3 key players on top of that. Our oldest player to get significant playing time this season is Ruslan Fedetenko at a whole 32 years old.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Balej20*

This is a poor team. Not sure what you guys are expecting.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
I think we've done pretty well considering we haven't had Gabby for most of the season.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
I think we've done pretty well considering we haven't had Gabby for most of the season.
I know. I'm just happy we're still above .500. Playing like a true team without star power up front.

It's one bad game out of 82. Yeah, it sucks. Three games in four nights. That pretty much is self explanatory.

We've done well without Gaborik and while losing 70% of the faceoffs. The team at least as been battling - despite this game.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

16+ million dollars in injuries.

take out 16+ million dollars from any teams lineup and im sure theyll be having a hard time of it too.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
darko

If someone told me we would be 7-6-1 after 14 games with Gaborik appearing in only 3 of them I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Had a feeling some people on here would be in a 'suicide' mode following today's loss. Happens all the time.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:39 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I was at the game tonight and got a little different perspective on what I've been watching all year. First of all, Boogard is a joke. I'm sorry... I know some people are glad we have him - he is as useless as they get.

Frolov, despite having the goal waived off, blows. It's not that he doesn't work hard or control the puck... he tries to force passes that aren't there and seems afraid of shooting from anywhere that isn't BEHIND the net.

Sean Avery might be our best player. That's an exaggeration, but he works hard and is creative and seems to make things happen.

Del Zotto still looks like a rookie. Okay, so he's a sophomore and that's not much different but... he needs to improve on the defensive side of things.

Staal hasn't been as good this year as in years past. No two ways around it. Sometimes he's playing at his peak, but overall, this is not the Staal we've come to rely on.

Playing Stepan and Grachev on the 4th line is fine. Playing them with Boogard is not. You might as well make them go out shorthanded every shift. Give them Avery, Boyle, Prust, Christensen or SOMEONE who can make an impact. The way it is right now, it's a joke.

And on a 5 minute powerplay, why not let Grachev get, I don't know, a 45 seconds of PP time? That powerplay almost had me in tears.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
We're a mediocre team missing our best offensive player, the guy who is our linchpin on the PK and also our best faceoff guy, and a legitimate secondary scorer. We have a rookie and a sophomore on D, and two rookies up front. One hadn't even played professionally before this season.

And yet we're .500. What in god's name were you expecting?

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
I would say "step off the ledge" but most of our fanbase should probably go ahead and jump off, it would make this process a lot more bearable. Growing pains, fellas.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We're a mediocre team missing our best offensive player, the guy who is our linchpin on the PK and also our best faceoff guy, and a legitimate secondary scorer. We have a rookie and a sophomore on D, and two rookies up front. One hadn't even played professionally before this season.

And yet we're .500. What in god's name were you expecting?
you know, for what you said and a coach who misss use our assets, god dam u right.

Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:47 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
you know, for what you said and a coach who misss use our assets, god dam u right.
What assets do we have and in what way is our coach misusing them? The only thing I can even think of complaining about is Eminger playing in place of Sauer/Gilroy and Boogard getting minutes, both of which are minor things.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
What assets do we have and in what way is our coach misusing them? The only thing I can even think of complaining about is Eminger playing in place of Sauer/Gilroy and Boogard getting minutes, both of which are minor things.
yep, agreed. and its tough to sit out boogaard when you have the kinda money invested in him. even if he sucks major ass.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Black Tank

3d game in 4 nights for a team that wins by outworking the opponent. Is it really that surprising?

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:10 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
16+ million dollars in injuries.

take out 16+ million dollars from any teams lineup and im sure theyll be having a hard time of it too.
To be honest, The Rangers have played very good this year even with the injuries to Gaborik and etc. Every team goes through injuries in a season. It just happens. The Rangers for some reason were very fortunate the past 5 years or so without many injuries.

Actually, during this stretch there have been many players who stepped up their game which only will strengthen and help this team this year.

This team ran up against a hot team in the Blues and lost. The effort was there.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:25 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Young teams have growing pains.

Last time I checked the standings, they were about 7th-8th in the Conference. Which is not bad, at all, and higher then most "experts" felt we would be WITH Gaborik.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:16 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

They are extremely hard-working. They hustle most of the game. I don't just mean Anisimov, Cally and Dubi. I mean Boyle, Prust, Avery, Frolov, Fedetenko...

The question is talent, not effort.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

"Play the youth!!!"

..."Stop playing the youth!!"

We're doing much better than I thought we would given the circumstances.

Plenty of great things to take out of the season so far that, at least in my opinion, outweigh the team's record.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Have you taken a long hard look at this lineup?

What do you expect... really?

Of course they need Gaborik, Drury and Prospal back. Lets be glad they are still above .500 right now. Look at the Pens, Isles and Devils... they doing any better?

This league has complete parity. You cant get too high or two low because every team has players on it that can win you a game on any given night. About 3/4 of teams in the league are hovering within 2 or 3 games of .500. Its going to be a rollercoaster ride of inconsistency for a majority of the teams out there. When the Rangers get healthy, then we really can see what we have with this team.

One thing for sure is the home play has to improve. They better nip this **** in the bud, 2-4-1 at home. YUCK.

Del Zotto is starting to piss me off too, his game has changed - hes overthinking and forcing almost everything he does. He feels like he has to throw at least 15 long headman passes a game, with more than 3/4 of them not working. He needs to get it together and get pucks on net as well. Its a long year though. People need to relax. Start getting nuts in February and try to enjoy some hockey for a little while at least.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 11-08-2010 at 08:59 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:53 AM
mullichicken25

for the love of god...

the average age of our starting lineup last night (minus the goalies) was 25.3

our entire team last season was marion gaborik...marion gaborik is hurt and not playing

the blues are a damn good team

they socred one goal out of their 21 shots, it was a SNIPE and a filthy one at that

we got a bullpoopie call that took away a goal

this fanbase is so fickle..."we're unbeatable!!@1" ......"we're horrible!11!"

the sky isnt falling...and the ship is staying afloat while $16mil of players are injured...we should actually be pretty damn pleased with this team

mullichicken25 is online now   Reply With Quote