HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Allison rumor from work...

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 03:24 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Allison rumor from work...

Well, take this for what it's worth. There's this guy at work who's a mover and groover in the entertainment industry, but not a hockey fan. Works on charities including Allison's. Knows Jason and his agent. He's even been invited to "the island". The word from him is that Jason is/was really hurt and got dizzy just standing up. But Allison wants to stay in L.A. His agent says they are trying to work out a contract that is very heavily laden with incentives, (nowhere near 8 million base). As I stated, this is for what it's worth. I know this guy well enough to take his word for my livelihood, I do and have. It's fourth hand as it gets to you. As with all business it may not happen for a multitude of reasons but I believe it is in the works. I've been critical of Jason and really didn't believe he would ever be a King again, but this rumor has given me pause.

Old
06-09-2004, 03:37 PM
OC Kings Fan 24

I love this time of year. A lot of "take it for what its worth". Or "I've got a friend, whose got a friend" I love it, Love it. This is why I am on my computer every day.
If he was healthy I wouldnt mind if the Kings signed him . I remember it was exciting to see this guy play. How he carried defensemen on his back ...

Old
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Screw him. Give him a Lindros like contract and then trade him when he's healthy for the biggest return. . . .

Old
06-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I hope that he does sign a contract and returns to us. I love his game and he's the number 1 center we need. So, he had some problems with AM, if he wants to return then its clear it wasn't huge. ALLISON HAS TURNED INTO A BAD GUY AND FOR WHAT? BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK HE FAKED THE INJURY? I'll take your friends word for it and believe that were in talks with ALLY. Best news of this offseason so far.

Old
06-09-2004, 07:33 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
I would love to see Allison back with the Kings and personally I could care less about what most of the other fans think of him. The only doubt I have is if he would be able to play an entire season without getting injured!
If so then sign the guy, when he went down he was one of the best playmaking centers in the league and I would love to have his skill on this team again

Old
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I hope he comes back

Old
06-09-2004, 09:52 PM
maximil

That's some positive news. I'm sure the Kings management (and their fans) would love to have him back. Unfortunately, it's all about the money.

He's worth the chance if the money is right, and that means he is probably going to have to take a paycut... bigtime.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:06 PM
zeppelin97

Didn't Allison sell his house here in california?

Anyway, like Lieweke mentioned before, Allison is the franchise. Losing a player of his ability (before the injuries) would be difficult to replace, and probably would set the franchise back years. I'd be great if the kings and Allison can agree on a contract. I just hope he's healthy if he evers plays with the kings again.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:58 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I hope he comes back
ditto

06-10-2004, 08:59 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
ditto

ditto...ditto!

why wouldn't anybody want him back!

Old
06-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

guzmaniac.....

nothing against you....but this is the best news i think all kings fans have heard all summer, or even the whole season..i was expecting the worst, losing allison for sure

but tell us the reasons why you believe your friend so much...and why we should believe him

Old
06-11-2004, 01:27 PM
guzmania

This guy has no interest in hockey. He just happens to know Allison outside of both of their professions. He's old like me, and a hell of a lot more sucessful than most people, he sure doesn't need to pump himself up by starting rumors about a game he doesn't follow. The guy who told me is my manager who was just up in the Sierras trout fishing with him, (that's what the big guy likes, fishing). It only came up because my manager mentioned hockey to this guy and he yaked on abit while waitin for a bite. My manager is a fan and we have gone to some games together so he told me and I tell you. This guy runs two very large production facilities for a major entertainment corporation, he is the guy who puts together the corporations contract proposals. I am in one of the unions that the proposals are made to. He has always been the straightest of shooters as far as I am concerned, there are a lot of people around those 2 facilities who'd jump off a cliff if this guy said we'd be OK. That's why I reported what I heard.

Like anything else, don't bet the house on this "scoop", but when I heard it I thought you should hear it too. This is the second rumor I've posted on the boards, one was from the Kings orthopedist who a friend had surgery with and now this one. I seriously doubt that I will ever come in contact with another, but if I do and it sounds credible I'll pass it on.

Old
06-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I am glad you posted it Guz. Thank you. I am still a member of the keep Allison club. We gave up too much for him to see him light it up somewhere else

Old
06-12-2004, 01:57 AM
ukyo

If Allison did play with the Kings again, it wouldn't take many games for all the Allison-haters to turn tail. People forget how truly dominating he was when he was healthy.

Old
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo
If Allison did play with the Kings again, it wouldn't take many games for all the Allison-haters to turn tail. People forget how truly dominating he was when he was healthy.
Very true..........and to tell you the truth I don't know where all the hatred comes from. To me it has more to do with frustrations and miscommunication than anything else. Allison hasn't really gone public the way Rob Blake did when he left. We've really twisted the stories around here, and the bottom line is that nobody knows except Jason Allison and the Kings front office. I hope he stays! And, thanks for the info Guz.......it's sounds really promising!

Old
06-14-2004, 01:41 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

if he came back, it'd be my dream come true. Please please tell me ur healthy and want to playf or us

Closed Thread