HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Doan Out - "Extensive Period of Time"

Old
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
He's playing tomorrow, right?
Probably who knows

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 09:02 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
If you dont go to his azvibe that he smothers all the other threads with, he seems to think you wouldt know any news.....

Anyway, Doan is going to want to come out and show he can play, and play like he can. As for where he is going to fill in, i do not know.
What's wrong with him posting news articles from his site? As far as I know he is an HFBoard partner and he's providing more articles than the local media does. Why is it such a big deal? The only actual news media constantly covering the Yotes is the Coyotes themselves and Jim Gintonio of the Republic. I honestly appreciate both the Five For Howling blog (Travis) and AZ Vibe Sports.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeno71 View Post
What's wrong with him posting news articles from his site? As far as I know he is an HFBoard partner and he's providing more articles than the local media does. Why is it such a big deal? The only actual news media constantly covering the Yotes is the Coyotes themselves and Jim Gintonio of the Republic. I honestly appreciate both the Five For Howling blog (Travis) and AZ Vibe Sports.
My guess would be the spammy like approach he seems to take. I don't actually read any of it but I see the links all over the place. That's just me though, I tend to stay away from most blogs as I find them to be more redundant than anything.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you dont go to his azvibe that he smothers all the other threads with, he seems to think you wouldt know any news.....
This cracks me up. On the one hand some of you complain about not having enough media coverage of the team and now some of you are complaining that it's too much.

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
My guess would be the spammy like approach he seems to take. I don't actually read any of it but I see the links all over the place. That's just me though, I tend to stay away from most blogs as I find them to be more redundant than anything.
You don't read it even though I'm credentialed this season? Okay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGeno71 View Post
Why is it such a big deal? The only actual news media constantly covering the Yotes is the Coyotes themselves and Jim Gintonio of the Republic.
There are others up in the press box but the ones that are there for every home game are myself, Jim Gintonio, the Coyotes media team, Fox Sports Arizona (when they broadcast), and the Coyotes radio Broadcast.

The others that are there from time to time are writers from NHL.com, the Bleacher Report, Sarah McLellan of the Republic, and a writer for Fox Sports Arizona.

Last edited by Dolemite: 11-21-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 03:35 AM
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
They used to annoy me, too. But he has gotten a lot better. His content and quality of writing has gotten much better in the last several months. I'm glad he's stuck with it. He's also gotten about 80% better about spamming his site. I was about to give him a compliment in the last game's GDT until I saw his post in the "ownership" thread.

lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 03:40 AM
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
This cracks me up. On the one hand some of you complain about not having enough media coverage of the team and now some of you are complaining that it's too much.

LMAO

You don't read it even though I'm credentialed this season? Wow.
In the past, you did have a tendency to link to stories on your page that weren't very newsworthy. You've gotten a lot better, but you still do it occasionally. I think you've been doing a really good job lately, but you've got to learn that giving a vague teaser and not having much to back it up pisses people off. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you're covering the coyotes, but if any other site did that, I'd never go back again.

Old
11-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
In the past, you did have a tendency to link to stories on your page that weren't very newsworthy. You've gotten a lot better, but you still do it occasionally. I think you've been doing a really good job lately, but you've got to learn that giving a vague teaser and not having much to back it up pisses people off. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you're covering the coyotes, but if any other site did that, I'd never go back again.
Well the thing is my whole take on my site this season isn't to parallel what the Republic, FSNAZ or the Coyotes site is doing. I'm letting them handle the post game writeups and things like that. My approach is to fill in the gaps with other articles and things like that. I'm still working with different things I want to do this season and refining what I post (like involving the fans for some things) and will be introducing new things all the time. Needless to say there will be some occasional bumps in the road.

Right now, I'm actually transcribing an interview I did earlier today with Jason Botchford of the Province (Vancouver BC) recorded before the Blackhawks curbstomping of the Canucks.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:38 AM
lockstock

Either way, as a past critic, I think you're doing a good job now.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Thanks! I sincerely appreciate it!

Old
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
SR

Easy Mario, Dolemite knows I am just giving him ****. If people want to go to the blog, go, I shouldnt have any influence on that.

The comment of "it was already talked about in the Pittsburgh thread" wasnt needed. It seemed like an attack as if I was taking away from hits to his "blog," when in reality how many fans of other teams are going to venture into a Pittsburgh Phoenix GDT? Certainly not a lot.

I think you have some good reads from what I have saw from the few times I have ever clicked in, but most of the time its stuff that has already been somewhat covered, yours is just in more detail.

Either way Dole, I was just kicking rocks your way, nothing more, nothing less.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
I have to agree. In the past I didn't even think any of his articles were really worth a read. They have become much more enjoyable lately.

I appreciate your time and effort Dolemite to give us a little more coverage of the Coyotes.

Perhaps we can have a sticky for azvibe to cut down on all the new threads?

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Either way Dole, I was just kicking rocks your way, nothing more, nothing less.
Ahhh no worries.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
bleuetbio

Good news Doan is back

the bad new is that we still unable use our young kid. I think I wish a million injuries just to be sure that Turris would be able to play 18 minutes. It becomes ridiculous.

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
Good news Doan is back

the bad new is that we still unable use our young kid. I think I wish a million injuries just to be sure that Turris would be able to play 18 minutes. It becomes ridiculous.
turris out w injury

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
You don't read it even though I'm credentialed this season? Okay...
I'm sure it's wonderful, I'm just assuming there is nothing you're going to write that I won't already know about is all.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
XX
... Waiting

I think the team on the ice is better off without Doan. When he plays the guys just try to force it to him or rely on him to make the big play. Doan isn't capable of that anymore on a consistent basis. In the playoffs he will shine again, but I think the team does suffer a bit with him in the lineup. He is key to the franchise however, so he will stay on as long as he likes. If Doan steps aside or a new star rises from within the Coyotes' ranks I think you will see his best days as a player.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:06 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I think the team on the ice is better off without Doan. When he plays the guys just try to force it to him or rely on him to make the big play. Doan isn't capable of that anymore on a consistent basis. In the playoffs he will shine again, but I think the team does suffer a bit with him in the lineup. He is key to the franchise however, so he will stay on as long as he likes. If Doan steps aside or a new star rises from within the Coyotes' ranks I think you will see his best days as a player.
This. I think the intangible component of losing Doan -- whether by retirement, long-term injury or trade -- would be a big blow to this team. The best thing that could happen would be someone else to step up and become a) a player that the rest of the team leans on the way they lean on Doan and b) someone actually capable of capitalizing on that focus. Maybe it'll be Turris some day. Maybe it'll be Boedker. But someone needs to step up.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
AndrewYotes

Maybe Yandle?

AndrewYotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
diceone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
Maybe Yandle?
That's the first name that came to my mind when I read that.

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote