HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit has best Music

Old
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

vCash: 500
Seriously though, what would you guys have for the arena playlist?

Detroit goal song?
Away team goal song?
Fight?
Penalties?
Breaks?
Win?
Loss?

I see a lot of dumping on the arena's DJ but I'd like to see what HFboard users have that could improve it.

For fights, I'd have something like Eye of the Tiger or something

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
ChrisH612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamallite View Post
I agree that it is embarrassing. Old songs we've heard a million times at the Joe. I wouldn't be surprised if they still play that U2 song they did back in the 90s before the games.

The DJ is supposed to be one of the people that get the crowd into the game. Watch a wings game on TV and see how dang quiet the place is. There is no entertainment value to it.

I've been to a handful of Capital's games in the past few years. They sure know how to put on a show and get their fans into it. During commercial breaks or any break more than a few seconds and you get loud, new music. Funny stuff on the scoreboard. Lights flashing. Tons of energy is pumped into that place. Even if you don't like the teams playing, it is fun to be at those caps games.

Last year I went to a Penguins game in Pittsburgh and they played tons of Metallica. I can only imagine who the DJ was there.
The only thing I love about the Pens is this. Every time I catch one of their home games I hear Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Master of Puppets, Whiplash, or any of their hits for that matter. As I pretty big Metallica fan I find it pretty cool. I wonder If the Sharks do the same thing, I read somewhere that James Hetfield is a pretty big San Jose fan.

ChrisH612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
ChrisH612

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Seriously though, what would you guys have for the arena playlist?

Detroit goal song?
Away team goal song?
Fight?
Penalties?
Breaks?
Win?
Loss?

I see a lot of dumping on the arena's DJ but I'd like to see what HFboard users have that could improve it.

For fights, I'd have something like Eye of the Tiger or something

Detroit goal song? Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones or Rock and Roll Pt. 2 - Gary Glitter

Away team goal song? Howlin' For You - The Black Keys

Fight? Frantic - Metallica

Penalties? Breaking the Law - Judas Priest

Breaks? Party Hard - Andrew WK

Win? Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

Loss? I Get Knocked Down - Chumbawamba

Intro? Something fearsome and heavy to pump the crowd up. Fight Fire With Fire, or Ride the Lightning - Metallica, Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

That's what mine would look like.

ChrisH612 is offline   Reply With Quote