HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto

Old
10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
bscharf

vCash: 500
Del Zotto

Everyone is so quick to bash Rosy who has been great so far this year

Why is no one concerned with Del Zotto?

He has made horrible plays. Gave away a goal against the islanders http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=3zBHgl...eature=related

Against Atlanta he turned the puck over which gave the empty net goal to end it.

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:27 AM
rangersfan111

maybe because he is 20 years old and is in his sophmore season ... its called a learning process... michael roszival is not at this stage in his life ... he is what we call a veteran ... we expect much more out of our 5 million dollar veteren defensemen, then our 20 year old powerplay quarterback defensemen

just my 2 cents

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Dude was horrid tonight.

And he gave more pucks away then just the last goal.

Hes still young, hell improve.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:48 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Because his last two games were fantastic.

But no, I expect my 20 year old offensive d-man to play like a Veteran shutdown number 1 every single shift of every single night.

Oh wait! He turned over the goal that lost us the game!

Oh wait...it was actually the entire team playing bad that lost us the game.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hes played ~3 good games so far this season, other than that hes been atrocious.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Ail
k.

The only complaint I will make is that his play is like night and day. I would rather him play only somewhat strong, and then slightly bad versus completely awesome and then incredibly awful.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:00 AM
The Mouth

He had a bad night. It happens

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
The only complaint I will make is that his play is like night and day. I would rather him play only somewhat strong, and then slightly bad versus completely awesome and then incredibly awful.
sadly, thats what happens with young kids, especially those throw into the NHL at such an early age.

The Rangers have a awfully young team, these are the growing pains you gotta put up with.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:56 AM
eco's bones

The threadstarter is a little shortsighted. As if all players were making the same salary, had the same experience and skill levels and expectations of each were exactly the same. To me both Rozsival and MDZ are playing better than they did last year--both are far from perfect. What some expect out of a 20 year old who is a bit undersized for his position is a little much. Fume away at a loss (where the whole team played like crap) all you want it took more than just the one goof up at the end.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Blazephr

People need to relax. Even Drew Doughty hit a few rough patches.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:28 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
sadly, thats what happens with young kids, especially those throw into the NHL at such an early age.

The Rangers have a awfully young team, these are the growing pains you gotta put up with.
I agree.. MDZ is 20/21 this year.. He might go through some growing pains but the talent and etc is obviously there.

In fact.. really any player around 22 years old and younger playing in the NHL (unless they are Ovechkin/Crosby) will have some growing pains. They are playing against the best players in the world.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:30 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Indeed. And there are over 70 games left...

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:35 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Tyler Myers as well. Remember the first game of the year?

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Dz needs to keep it simple, u can tell he's overthinking every play(ask redden how that works out). He's trying to get that two line breakout pass every time sometimes you just have to hit the closest guy or bank it off the boards he's making it way to complicated for himself. Keep in mind he's playing significantly more minutes this season so you have realize that 1 mistake in 10 minutes turns into 2 in 20 and it's more noticeable. He'll come through and get it together I have no dout

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:53 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I love Marc Staal, but he got walked by bryan freaking little last night, crap happens. i'm not going to blow the alarm bell on a 20 year old MDZ because in a game where the whole team suck, he sucked too.

Like Inferno mentioned, MDZ has had 3 good games, and I dont think its a surprise that those 3 games were all good Rangers efforts. With a young guy like MDZ, he can play serviceable defense but not when your not getting a team effort and the other team starts to roll on you. With a better forecheck and consistent pressure from the forwards I think MDZ's game looks alot better.

And people killing him for that turnover last night with Biron pulled really have to come to grips with the fact that while the play was terrible, HE TRIED to do the right thing and not throw the puck to the middle of the ice, he attempted to go up the boards and blew it. Sometimes when your thinking about not doing the wrong thing it takes away the options in your head and you throw the puck the one place you think is ok. well this time it wasn't, definately bad on him, but i would of been more pissed with a weak cross ice pass through the nuetral zone.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
pld459666

Old players get older, young players get better.

The difference in expectations between Rozy and Dizzy is as vast as their ages are.

The mistakes we get out of Dizzy are expected, they are not, nor should they be, expected out of a vet player like Rozy.

I will live with a youngsters mistakes as long as he learns from them. I cannot live with those same mistakes from a guy like Rozy or any vet player that should know better.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I take it some people forgot Brian Leetch's sophomore season

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Chris 84

I think a lot of people are a little concerned but let's see what happens, even if he was to have a bad season he can still have a good career.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:43 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
He gives me palpitations everytime he has the puck in his own end.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

He's being asked to carry a bigger load this season, so naturally there will be a learning curve.

People wanted more youth in the lineup, but are surprised at this kind of thing? That's just asinine. The kid has been billed as a defensive liability since we drafted him. (Hence the reason I was pimping Carlson for weeks and weeks before the draft.) This shouldn't be news to anyone.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Staal was bad, the NYR were bad... Biron let in at least 2 that Hank wouldn't have even with both arms tied behind his back. It's a loss... No need to worry about specific players... Except Biron lol

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

If he's playing this way at 32 then ill be really concerned.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
If he's playing this way at 32 then ill be really concerned.
Uh, yeah. lol

The thing about DZ is you can live with some of the boneheaded plays if he contributes to the offense. But he really hasnt been doing that lately. He made some terrible up ice passes last night, especially on the PP and just isnt as confident with the puck entering the zone.

I honestly believed during the game last night that he should watch the next game from the pressbox.
Just as a little wake up call. Hes more skilled and heady than what hes shown this year. He'll get his time to work out of it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

He's been mostly terrible so far this season, but that's not a big surprise. The kid has some real issues playing in his own zone, and at times it feels like he's picked up some of Rozsival's worst habits.

Can't get too worked up over it. He's too young and too raw to be upset by this.

Del Zotto's troubles, though, are all the more reason why both Gilroy and Eminger shouldn't be playing, and why Sauer should be.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's being asked to carry a bigger load this season, so naturally there will be a learning curve.
Can't please everyone.

Most guys here have been preaching play the kids for years now. Many of those same people are criticizing rookie or sophomore mistakes.

Some of you guys need to understand what a learning process involves. There are going to be bumps in the road. Deal with it.

MDZ should develop quicker with these growing pains he's basically been forced into. In 2~3 years, nobody will give will give a damn about his rookie/sophomore seasons. We'll (hopefully!!!!) look back and admit it ultimately sped up his development.

As far as I'm concerned, we're not contenders this season. Let the kids play. Throw them in the fire and see how they respond to the challenge.

MDZ battles. He competes. That's a big deal to me, because I think a competitive person like that will do whatevers necessary to round out some of the flaws in his game.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote