HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal subway travels with doors open

Old
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Don't forget the weekly suicide.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Don't forget the weekly suicide.
I think most people kill themselves in the metro because of the heat.

After a long day, stepping into a boiling platform puts thoughts in your mind to end it all...

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
And you can thank Charest for that.
Stupid decision to ignore international law and make it complicated when it can be as simple as having everyone bid and just force it so the wagons have to be constructed here. Been done before.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
And you can thank Charest for that.
Stupid decision to ignore international law and make it complicated when it can be as simple as having everyone bid and just force it so the wagons have to be constructed here. Been done before.
That part I never got... I don't see why we would be forced to have international bidders when we have qualified workers here. Don't get me wrong, I am no protectionist but why go outside when we can do it perfectly well here and have local workers benefit from it?

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Galchenyuk94

I've learned to like the Montreal metro a lot more since using the metro in Toronto a few months ago. There's like a 8 inch gap between the floor and the subway car when it arrives, mice everywhere, the screeching of the rails is also frustrating, the layout of seats makes the cars too narrow, etc.

Now if they could only expand to the West Island. I read in La Presse of a 3 billion project to expand the metro in longueuil, laval and "montreal west". Does anyone know what the plans are for expanding west?

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Now if they could only expand to the West Island. I read in La Presse of a 3 billion project to expand the metro in longueuil, laval and "montreal west". Does anyone know what the plans are for expanding west?
I wish, nvm Laval and the South Shore, focus on the island... Going from LaSalle to Pointe-Claire takes about 10-15 minutes by car but it takes about 2 hours by public transit cuz there is no metro and you gotta go all the way to Lionel-Groulx to catch the 211 to get to Dorval faster than taking the 110/195... go figure.

Last edited by Strik_IX: 11-10-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:

Im pretty sure it was Laval, Longeuil and extend the blue line east from St-Michel but not to the west end.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Woland

Quote:
I've learned to like the Montreal metro a lot more since using the metro in Toronto a few months ago. There's like a 8 inch gap between the floor and the subway car when it arrives, mice everywhere, the screeching of the rails is also frustrating, the layout of seats makes the cars too narrow, etc.

No, the plan is to have a train leave from St-Anne's every 30 min all day in both directions. It would pretty much replace the 211/221 wile making it more comfortable/effective and accessible. But airport authorities are being douches about it and are preventing any advancements in the project. They want the shuttle to start at the airport which would be useless for anyone in the West-Island and they also want the terminal at Central Station rather than the Bell Center. Basically, the two groups are fighting for the same money, one would be for the airport only wile the other would be good for both the citizens and people wanting go to/from the airport. I think it's obvious where OUR tax money should go .....

read about it here http://www.traindelouest.ca/?lang=en

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:37 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Coming soon:

http://www.metrodemontreal.com/ideas/ctrain-metro.jpg

Last edited by hototogisu: 11-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.
hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Coming soon (image isn't working for some reason)

haha , Utopia is the first word that comes to mind

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Coming soon (image isn't working for some reason)

Even in 2100, no good Chateauguay transport

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post

Even in 2100, no good Chateauguay transport
Well this is ****ed up.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

STM markets their transport as being handicaped-friendly, but only two or three stations have elevator, and even one of them doesnt even get on the lowest level.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:18 PM
PricePkPatch

I don't have much problem with the plan shown here, with the exception of forks in lines. How do you pull that off? How do you organise it?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
STM markets their transport as being handicaped-friendly, but only two or three stations have elevator, and even one of them doesnt even get on the lowest level.
I'm pretty sure there are 6 or 7 station that has elevators, but 3 of them are in Laval, so meh. It's not like I've seen a person on a weelchair in the metro.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:40 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I don't have much problem with the plan shown here, with the exception of forks in lines. How do you pull that off? How do you organise it?
They have that system in Atlanta where I lived. You have to look at train's final destination and if it's forking the wrong way you have to get off and wait for the right one.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:45 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
They have that system in Atlanta where I lived. You have to look at train's final destination and if it's forking the wrong way you have to get off and wait for the right one.
I see. Not bad, but I think it would create just too much clogging in the key stations for no good reason.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 01:45 PM
coolasprICE

I've realized the importance of owning a car at a very young age.

Our metro is old, dark and sweaty and detrimental to our health both physically and mentally.

If we were fortunate to have a modern and clean system like some that I have experienced, than I'd be much more inclined to use it.

Until then, stop tree hugging and start driving !

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
No, the plan is to have a train leave from St-Anne's every 30 min all day in both directions. It would pretty much replace the 211/221 wile making it more comfortable/effective and accessible. But airport authorities are being douches about it and are preventing any advancements in the project. They want the shuttle to start at the airport which would be useless for anyone in the West-Island and they also want the terminal at Central Station rather than the Bell Center. Basically, the two groups are fighting for the same money, one would be for the airport only wile the other would be good for both the citizens and people wanting go to/from the airport. I think it's obvious where OUR tax money should go .....

read about it here http://www.traindelouest.ca/?lang=en
Yeah I read about that and even signed the petition. But a week ago in la Presse when talking about the automobile tax they mentionned they had 11.1 billion in projects to do, and that the priority projects was a project of 3 billion of extension of the laval metro, the longueuil metro and the "montreal ouest" metro. But they didn't talk about anything other then the name of the projects. I know I didn't hallucinate reading it lol.

Oh and about the automobile tax, how about taxing people from Laval and the south shore that use the bridges to get on Montreal instead of the residents of Montreal. I don't know why tolls are never talked about.

Old
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I wish, nvm Laval and the South Shore, focus on the island... Going from LaSalle to Pointe-Claire takes about 10-15 minutes by car but it takes about 2 hours by public transit cuz there is no metro and you gotta go all the way to Lionel-Groulx to catch the 211 to get to Dorval faster than taking the 110/195... go figure.
Yeah I know. The west island is so neglected. If you don't own a car here you're ****ed.

Old
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
The thing is, they introduced the 470 a few years ago as a rush hour bus to get West Islanders at least to a metro station (Cote Vertu) so you can get downtown if they need to, and it was so popular they had to turn it into a full-time bus...and even after that, it's still packed at peak hours. Shouldn't that have clued somebody in at the STM that, hey, maybe West Islanders like to/need to go downtown too?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
Agreed. Some stations look like they are straight out of the ghetto, while others are beautiful (McGill)
They have been making improvements though, like adding some more TVs in more popular stations like Atwater. And according to STM they will be getting new subways in a matter of years.
You've clearly never visited Manhattan. Montreal's subway stations are like le palais de Versailles compared to NYC (except upper east side and the financial district).

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
The thing is, they introduced the 470 a few years ago as a rush hour bus to get West Islanders at least to a metro station (Cote Vertu) so you can get downtown if they need to, and it was so popular they had to turn it into a full-time bus...and even after that, it's still packed at peak hours. Shouldn't that have clued somebody in at the STM that, hey, maybe West Islanders like to/need to go downtown too?
Ya the 470 bus was a good idea. 20 mins from fairview to cote vertu.

If I want to go downtown it's just as fast as taking the 202 from fairview to the 20 then the 211 to Lionel Groulx. The extra time it takes me in the 211 is saved by all those stations i'm not doing by metro. Would be sweet if the 470 brought you further south-east. I'm leaving for St-Jean sur Richelieu next September anyways so I don't know why I'm complaining hehe.

Old
11-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I'm pretty sure there are 6 or 7 station that has elevators, but 3 of them are in Laval, so meh. It's not like I've seen a person on a weelchair in the metro.

Is that serious? Of course you're not gonna see many handicaped person in the metro if there's no (or almost) access for them.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 04:15 AM
euphrates

http://b.imagehost.org/download/0543/FILE0011

from new york

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote