HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van by the deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2010, 06:54 PM
  #51
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
I was thinking maybe they could pick up a pending UFA goalie rental as Luongo can sometimes have a meltdown in the playoffs and Cory Schneider is too risky imo. Target a Roloson or something.
Come on man, I was expecting you to do better than that. At least throw in a "Hey, we have 5 more Cups than you but I was never alive to see it."

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 06:59 PM
  #52
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Hodgson is the best prospect in the NHL? He's not even top 10....

And that junk your describing is a #1 defenseman amongst the league leaders in points and ice time by a defenseman, a captain-material prospect and well Cogs is junk, but the Oilers take a rental and horrible defenseman in Bieksa and a waiver-wire defenseman. No thanks.
Here's the thing, being a 25 min/game player on a team with the worse defense in the league doesn't make you top defense man in the NHL. Whitney is a good offensive defense man, but when the Canuck blue line is healthy Whitney doesn't take over for Salo, Edler, Ehrhoff, or Hamhuis (need a defensive guy in your top 4) so that makes him a 4 million a year #5. The Canucks would move Bieksa, because they can't keep a 3.75 million #5, so the up grade from Bieksa to Whitney doesn't make sense. We can agree Cogs is not a piece the Canucks need, he isn't an upgrade on any of our top 9 forwards, and he's not a 4th liner - Parent falls into the same category - not an improvement for the Oil. Landers is a good prospect, but Hodgson is better. Both are captain material, so Canucks would rather keep their better prospect, and not take up more salary to improve our 5th dman spot. It isn't a good move for Vancouver.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:16 PM
  #53
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
He said arguably the best not the best, Hodgson has a case with Hall, Seguin, Pietriangelo ect all up in the NHL. You really need to learn to read, it seems to give you trouble.
Nope Hodgson is not on the level of those mentioned above, maybe before his injury he was a top 3 prospect league-wide when he was OHL MVP but he pretty much took a year off last season and injuries will likely haunt him for the rest of his career.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
  #54
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Nope Hodgson is not on the level of those mentioned above, maybe before his injury he was a top 3 prospect league-wide when he was OHL MVP but he pretty much took a year off last season and injuries will likely haunt him for the rest of his career.
I never said he was but a lot of the young talent are playing in the NHL. I doubt his injury will haunt him, Sedin had back injury and he seems to be just fine.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
  #55
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Here's the thing, being a 25 min/game player on a team with the worse defense in the league doesn't make you top defense man in the NHL. Whitney is a good offensive defense man, but when the Canuck blue line is healthy Whitney doesn't take over for Salo, Edler, Ehrhoff, or Hamhuis (need a defensive guy in your top 4) so that makes him a 4 million a year #5. The Canucks would move Bieksa, because they can't keep a 3.75 million #5, so the up grade from Bieksa to Whitney doesn't make sense. We can agree Cogs is not a piece the Canucks need, he isn't an upgrade on any of our top 9 forwards, and he's not a 4th liner - Parent falls into the same category - not an improvement for the Oil. Landers is a good prospect, but Hodgson is better. Both are captain material, so Canucks would rather keep their better prospect, and not take up more salary to improve our 5th dman spot. It isn't a good move for Vancouver.
He's a very good PPQB, you're saying he's basically useless but he has the stats to prove that he's played very effectively this season. Aren't the Canucks in a win-now position? Whitney is a huge upgrade over Bieksa and Cogliano still has untapped potential imo with the Sedins he could become a quality player. But this deal is horrible for the Oilers, we downgrade a lot in a rental defenseman who has brain farts defensively, a waiver wire depth defenseman Hodgson is a nice piece but definitely not worth that package.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
  #56
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
How does Hodgson not have a case? the talent that's cleary better than Hodgson are in the NHL now in Hall, Seguin ect Hodgson has gotten very underrated on this forum because of a injury. I'm not going to say Hodgson is the best but I think it could be argued.
Hodgson would be the Oilers 4th best prospect if a trade was to occur.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:22 PM
  #57
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
I never said he was but a lot of the young talent are playing in the NHL. I doubt his injury will haunt him, Sedin had back injury and he seems to be just fine.
You cannot assume that these injuries will never come back, back injuries usually never go away, check Marty Reasoner, Samsonav.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  #58
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
You cannot assume that these injuries will never come back, back injuries usually never go away, check Marty Reasoner, Samsonav.
And you can't just assume it will, again Sedin seems to be doing just fine after his back injury.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  #59
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Come on man, I was expecting you to do better than that. At least throw in a "Hey, we have 5 more Cups than you but I was never alive to see it."
Nice, I was expecting a "lololololprongertradelololol".

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  #60
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
And you can't just assume it will, again Sedin seems to be doing just fine after his back injury.
Yep this is why it's Hodgson is a risky prospect.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
  #61
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Nice, I was expecting a "lololololprongertradelololol".
Are you obsessed with the canucks?

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
  #62
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Yep this is why it's Hodgson is a risky prospect.
Not really he's been fine and now his game is coming back and has been ripping up the AHL.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
  #63
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
Not really he's been fine and now his game is coming back and has been ripping up the AHL.
9 Points in 13 Games is ripping it up?

Luke Adam of the Pirates has 19 points in 13 games, both drafted in 2008.

You're saying he's fine, but there is a high risk of back injuries reoccurring.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
  #64
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
He's a very good PPQB, you're saying he's basically useless but he has the stats to prove that he's played very effectively this season. Aren't the Canucks in a win-now position? Whitney is a huge upgrade over Bieksa and Cogliano still has untapped potential imo with the Sedins he could become a quality player. But this deal is horrible for the Oilers, we downgrade a lot in a rental defenseman who has brain farts defensively, a waiver wire depth defenseman Hodgson is a nice piece but definitely not worth that package.
We have the best PP in the league, so a 4 million dollar upgrade to our 5th defense man means we have to trade away another asset - stupid move for the Canucks. This would also make re-signing Ehrhoff almost impossible, and I would rather have Ehrhoff. Cogliano wouldn't replace Burrows on the line with the Sedins. He scored 35 goals there last season. You said it's a bad deal for the Oil so that's it neither team likes the deal - easy no deal

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:32 PM
  #65
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
We have the best PP in the league, so a 4 million dollar upgrade to our 5th defense man means we have to trade away another asset - stupid move for the Canucks. This would also make re-signing Ehrhoff almost impossible, and I would rather have Ehrhoff. Cogliano wouldn't replace Burrows on the line with the Sedins. He scored 35 goals there last season. You said it's a bad deal for the Oil so that's it neither team likes the deal - easy no deal
Yep, don't know why the user requested it.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
  #66
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
9 Points in 13 Games is ripping it up?

Luke Adam of the Pirates has 19 points in 13 games, both drafted in 2008.

You're saying he's fine, but there is a high risk of back injuries reoccurring.
He's being starting to rip it up, he started slow after missing a year of hockey that'll do it.

Again Hodgson back has been fine and shows me zero reason to be worried about it. Do you spend more time on Canuck topics over Oiler topics? cause your in every Canuck topic on this board saying anything negative you can abot them. [mod edit: deleted]


Last edited by Timmy: 11-11-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Flaming
BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
  #67
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
He's a very good PPQB, you're saying he's basically useless but he has the stats to prove that he's played very effectively this season. Aren't the Canucks in a win-now position? Whitney is a huge upgrade over Bieksa and Cogliano still has untapped potential imo with the Sedins he could become a quality player. But this deal is horrible for the Oilers, we downgrade a lot in a rental defenseman who has brain farts defensively, a waiver wire depth defenseman Hodgson is a nice piece but definitely not worth that package.
I really don't want anything from the Oilers blue line at the cost of Hodgson or cogs, he wouldn't make our team.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
  #68
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
He's being starting to rip it up, he started slow after missing a year of hockey that'll do it.
He has been a PPG player in the last 6 games I believe, same with Hartikanen of the Barons, 6th rounder in 2008 draft as well.


[/QUOTE]Again Hodgson back has been fine and shows me zero reason to be worried about it. Do you spend more time on Canuck topics over Oiler topics? cause your in every Canuck topic on this board saying anything negative you can abot them, is this what your life has come too? that's... so sad[/QUOTE]

You're ignoring that back injuries are repititive, it just doesn't go away. He may not have them now but he may have them in the future.

Weren't you the one who created the "When will the Oilers make the playoffs" thread? I don't think you should be the one pointing this out.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
  #69
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
He has been a PPG player in the last 6 games I believe, same with Hartikanen of the Barons, 6th rounder in 2008 draft as well.

Again Hodgson back has been fine and shows me zero reason to be worried about it. Do you spend more time on Canuck topics over Oiler topics? cause your in every Canuck topic on this board saying anything negative you can abot them, is this what your life has come too? that's... so sad[/QUOTE]

You're ignoring that back injuries are repititive, it just doesn't go away. He may not have them now but he may have them in the future.

Weren't you the one who created the "When will the Oilers make the playoffs" thread? I don't think you should be the one pointing this out.[/QUOTE]




And the world may end in 2012

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
  #70
Rob Zepp
Registered User
 
Rob Zepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
He has been a PPG player in the last 6 games I believe, same with Hartikanen of the Barons, 6th rounder in 2008 draft as well.

NO WAY is Hodgson as good as Barons. No way. You are dillusional. Good prospects are those that can step right into the NHL and make the team a winner right away. Like in Edmonton for example.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:17 PM
  #71
AntonRodin*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
NO WAY is Hodgson as good as Barons. No way. You are dillusional. Good prospects are those that can step right into the NHL and make the team a winner right away. Like in Edmonton for example.
Even good prospects such as Cody, can't make a team that is stacked like the Canucks.
EVEN if the Canucks had Hall,Seguin, Gudbranson, or whoever is considered "good" won't be able to make the Canucks. Unless they prospects wants to play 4th line, which I'm sure they're not drafted to play on.

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
  #72
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
NO WAY is Hodgson as good as Barons. No way. You are dillusional. Good prospects are those that can step right into the NHL and make the team a winner right away. Like in Edmonton for example.
Agreed. Not even Crosby and Ovechkin made their team winners in the rookie season, nice job trolling though.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:29 PM
  #73
Rob Zepp
Registered User
 
Rob Zepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonRodin View Post
Even good prospects such as Cody, can't make a team that is stacked like the Canucks.
EVEN if the Canucks had Hall,Seguin, Gudbranson, or whoever is considered "good" won't be able to make the Canucks. Unless they prospects wants to play 4th line, which I'm sure they're not drafted to play on.
..but, but Vancouver is a horrible team. Just ask HemskytoHell.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 04:30 PM
  #74
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
..but, but Vancouver is a horrible team. Just ask HemskytoHell.
Find any of my posts saying that. They are good in the regular season.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 05:00 PM
  #75
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Find any of my posts saying that. They are good in the regular season.
You still trolling?

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.