HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

marty st.louis

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 06:24 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
marchant and richardson for st. louis?

hmmmm. i'd really want tampa to throw in richards too. i think that would even it up better. :bonk:

Old
06-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Timmy1973

Everyone knows that for the right offer everyone is available. In all seriousness, St. Louis is probably the fan favorite on the Lightning, at least with the locals anyway. I would say there are only six or seven guys that St. Louis would be realistically traded for in my opinion and I haven't seen any of their names yet. And it would have to be the right deal to keep the natives happy.

Old
06-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkboots
what are your offers for this guy:
dallas: guerin
Oh, holy Jesus, please let this happen. Hell, I'd give you five Bill Guerins for St. Louis and I'd still be robbing you.

Old
06-15-2004, 09:29 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

St. Louis will not be traded.

while his value will be high winning the Hart, Ross, etc... he's still only had this one great year, so a team isn't going to break up their team in order to get him... and TBay has no reason to deal him for anything less.

question: who was the last Hart winner to be dealt the following offseason (or even season) in the NHL?

and as mentioned he is not a UFA... as long as he gets qualified (10% increase if he makes under the league's average, or the same salary if he's at or above the average), his rights remain with TBay, and after the season they just had, he will get signed.

so salary isn't an issue, either is free agency... so why exactly would TBay even consider moving him?

Old
06-15-2004, 09:30 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
Oh, holy Jesus, please let this happen. Hell, I'd give you five Bill Guerins for St. Louis and I'd still be robbing you.
5 Guerins would cost more than TBay's entire 23 man roster... I think they'd rather just re-sign St. Louis

Old
06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
pei fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Pad
Why exactly would TB want to trade this guy?
Let's see:He just won the Hart deservedly,helped(bigtime )his team win a Stanley
Cup,One of the most exciting players to watch,the fans love him,his teammates
love him ,the coaches love him,he has the heart of a lion and the skill of a tiger,
he's a first class act off the ice and he's been the most underpaid player in the
League.My guess the only reason they would trade him:STONED OR REALLY
FREAKIN DRUNK!

Old
06-15-2004, 02:32 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
5 guerins !.. i'd most definitely have 5 bill guerins

Closed Thread