HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price shines in shutout (Habs win 2-0, Videos at post #1)

Old
11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
Good game Montreal, I am sorry if there were other Canuck fans here saying that the Canadians were not a good team. Ignore them, because when Price played as well as he did today you guys are one of best teams in the league. I admit our team did not play well offensively at all, but Price was amazing when he needed to be. Subban looked really smooth out there too, didn't notice many mistakes on his part. I am glad Price got a shutout as you guys are one of my second favourite teams in the league and I really Price, just sad that it was against my own team.
Classy post man. Most of the canucks fan that posted here were civil. There are always a few bad apples that ruin it for all of us. We have some on our side too.

Still, you guys won 7 in a row prior, no need to hit the panic button like some in your forums are doing.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
When I heard the "Carey" chants as he came out for the 1st star, I could only wonder how many of those same people were booing him in the first game of the preseason.
Hey they were not booing, they were "Lou"ing. Everyone loves Carey Chant's no?

On a side note for everyone else, every time Price gets a shutout or Price plays well please don't ask "where are the Halak fans now etc?". There are still a ton of them and if Price has a few bad games on I'm sure they will be on here to bash as well.
The trade is done now and we have to live with it so just forget about it and don't egg each other on, what are we Leaf fans?

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
TheNewGuy

I know we won today but...Gomez is really starting to scare me especially when I realize we got him 4 more years...
He is a play maker but it's like he only knows how to do one play and that's it, work or don't work he goes to war with it and sadly people are so used to it he keeps getting : BATTLESHIP SUNKED!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
macavoy

Nid,

You are by far the smartest poster I know, the rest are ... ummm silly.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Nid,

You are by far the smartest poster I know, the rest are ... ummm silly.
I'll take the compliment but I think whitesnake and montreal are the best posters here.

You're also one of my personal favorites because it's just hilarious the ****storm you cause.

Poor Mods.

Old
11-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lol get a room fellas

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Why isn't anyone talkin about this? Gio missing that open net was hilarious?
Obviously you think Halak would have scored an empty-net goal.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol get a room fellas
You're just jealous you're not invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Obviously you think Halak would have scored an empty-net goal.

Pfft, halak would have scored twice and get all 3 stars. Wake up.

Old
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I loved Carey Price tonight, but gotta give our d-men credit today too.. They were ALERT and ontop of it.. Sure has hell made Carey's job easier.
Some people think Halak did it all by himself last season IMO Hal Gill isn't playing as well as he did last season

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
macavoy

Quote:
What a dog in the manger attitude! You haven't earned a lifetime pass to snipe at Price, who's playiing like an NHL top 5. He easily bested Luongo, who didn't merit even a third star. Obviously Halak couldn't possibly have done better tonight and might have done worse. Try to open your closed mind. The Habs are ahead of where they were last season at this point and they haven't been blown out yet. Nor have they gotten there by scoring a lot of goals. If they had been scoring, Price might have won at least 10 games by now.

ummm I've got a question for you. who has been my avatar for 3 years? I've been a Price believer since d1. He's always been my favourite, the difference is, I actually respect Halak as well.

I've got room for both, but at the end of the day, I'm a habs fan and Price is the hab.

GO HABS GO

Old
11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Some people think Halak did it all by himself last season IMO Hal Gill isn't playing as well as he did last season
Gill came on pretty good after Christmas, people were hating him the 1st half of the season.

Price was amazing!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Some people think Halak did it all by himself last season IMO
All of the Gomez / Martin haters this year are saying exactly that. I challenge you to prove them wrong.

Old
11-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol get a room fellas
lol I was about to post the exact words.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Nidema

Okay guys, last post of the night. Going to drink some liquid of the alcoholic variety and enjoy the win.

Here's to hoping a back to back shutout from Price next game.

GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
lol I was about to post the exact words.
Screw you guys. I'm going home.

Old
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussCourtnallsGhost View Post
I dont know if they showed it on RDS, but on the Sportsnet feed Chris Lee raised his arm halfway when a Hab got tripped, then put it down. Someone's gotta youtube that, too funny.
Do it!

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Darth Joker

macavoy - For what it's worth, I see your point.

I'm of course very pleased with our win over an elite team like this year's Canucks, and with Price's simply awesome performance.

However, this win was basically two veteran D and an outstanding goalie bailing out our non-productive top 2 lines. Just like the PhD line bailed them out against Buffalo recently.

This is great... as long as the top 2 lines eventually start doing their part. We're not going to win many games without them doing their part, and they haven't done their part in a long time now...

Darth Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Toro

Good spirited game game by our guys, Prices was insane

Eller only got 4 minutes, don't understand that one. I thought he looked great. did he get hurt?

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If Martin plays Eller that way, might as well send Eller down and recall Maxwell or Desharnais.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:10 AM
FuriousBob

Interesting FAQ: AK as not shot once on goal since paires with Gomez
Gionta as 2 points since being placed with Plekanec

Wonder who is the problem in all this...
Maybe it's time for JM to put Eller in Gomez place for at least 1 period just to show to Gomez that you have to work to get your spot on the top 6.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:10 AM
linp

JM should reunite Plek with AK and Gomez with Gionta.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:16 AM
TankEller*

You'd think this thread wouldn't get into a bash thread by page 6 after a 2-0 win against a great Vancouver team. Alas, there still is.

Gionta and Cammalleri get a lot of bashing tonight. To be honest, they don't deserve that much.

As for Cammalleri vs Gomez, Cammy still has 9 points, and while this isn't enough at this point, he's still our 4th best scorer, which can't be said about Gomez. He was directly responsible of our 2nd goal, and for the first one, he's the one who gained the offensive zone. He has a great +/- differential, and actually still gets scoring chances out there.

I really don't get the hate. It's one thing to criticize a player, Gomez deserves the flack, but Cammalleri is just on a cold-streak. But he keeps generating chances, and even was on the ice for both of our goal tonight... And had a great say in both of them.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:21 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If Martin plays Eller that way, might as well send Eller down and recall Maxwell or Desharnais.
I think for once I'd like to see DD, if we're talking about a team who needs some skill on PP and a guy who can play small minutes i'd take him and let eller and maxwell stay in hamilton.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:29 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think for once I'd like to see DD, if we're talking about a team who needs some skill on PP and a guy who can play small minutes i'd take him and let eller and maxwell stay in hamilton.
we're not lacking skill, we're lacking execution. The players look so lost out there.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
You'd think this thread wouldn't get into a bash thread by page 6 after a 2-0 win against a great Vancouver team. Alas, there still is.

Gionta and Cammalleri get a lot of bashing tonight. To be honest, they don't deserve that much.

As for Cammalleri vs Gomez, Cammy still has 9 points, and while this isn't enough at this point, he's still our 4th best scorer, which can't be said about Gomez. He was directly responsible of our 2nd goal, and for the first one, he's the one who gained the offensive zone. He has a great +/- differential, and actually still gets scoring chances out there.

I really don't get the hate. It's one thing to criticize a player, Gomez deserves the flack, but Cammalleri is just on a cold-streak. But he keeps generating chances, and even was on the ice for both of our goal tonight... And had a great say in both of them.
While I think Cammy hasn't played really well in the last 5-10 games but the people putting him in the same category as Gomez are just insane. We are approaching the 1/4 of the season and the guy has only 3 freaking points.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 12:40 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
While I think Cammy hasn't played really well in the last 5-10 games but the people putting him in the same category as Gomez are just insane. We are approaching the 1/4 of the season and the guy has only 3 freaking points.
He definitely hasn't played good so far, but still is one of our main contributors. I know +/- is a lying stat, but +10 means something. The guy is on the ice for quite a bit of our goals scored.

As for the Plekanec argument, Pleks is +5.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote