HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price shines in shutout (Habs win 2-0, Videos at post #1)

Old
11-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Why are you still comparing. They play on completely different teams with different players and different systems.

Why don't you include Brent Johnsons numbers as well?

Man the bitterness is sad considering that you can never post about Carey Price without talking about Halak.
What's the point of awards then? Just saying everyone compares players while they are on different teams.

Either way, Price has been good so at this point it doesn't matter all that much how good Halak has been.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
What's the point of awards then? Just saying everyone compares players while they are on different teams.

Either way, Price has been good so at this point it doesn't matter all that much how good Halak has been.
So then why quote me, go quote Earl that brought up the comparison. What does Halak's stats have to do with The Canadiens win yesterday in which they shutout the Canucks?

Last edited by Andy: 11-10-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Andy

My thoughts on the game:

The team played extremely well. I thought Gomez had a pretty good game, but as it goes in Montreal, if you don't get points, you don't get praise. He made a few nice passes that could have resulted in goals, but no one finished when he did, hence the lack of points. But wtv, that's all I'll say on that issue.

The team made it really easy for Price in the first two periods. When the team needed Carey most, he stepped up, stopping 20 shots in the third.

Old
11-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

sorry I didn't read through every page of the GDT but from what I saw throughout the game is we seriously sucked!! e were lucky to win this game!! Price rocked and seriously our goals were lucky and nothing more..Listening to the post game reactions hearing that they're a\saying they did this and that............B....S..!!
I'm a huge supporter, but all I could say all night while watching is.......FACK they suck!!! especially on the PP It's like they were afraid to play!! Sorry I do love my team but they seriously sucked tonight and didn't deserve this win other than Price...I'm not even going to go where Gomes went tonight...Jesus!!!

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Andy

I just checked the stats. Carey Price is tied with Brodeur(and someone else I can't remember) for most starts in the league so far. Pretty impressive. I wonder how many games he'll finish the season with.

Old
11-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
I just checked the stats. Carey Price is tied with Brodeur(and someone else I can't remember) for most starts in the league so far. Pretty impressive. I wonder how many games he'll finish the season with.
Price is actually all alone as #1 in the league as of today for games started. Tied with Brodeur and Neuvirth for games played, since both of them have come in in relief. 14 starts, then a bunch of goalies with 13.

Player Team GP GS
1 Carey Price MTL 14 14
2 Michal Neuvirth WSH 14 13
3 Cam Ward CAR 13 13
4 Marty Turco CHI 13 13
5 Jonas Hiller ANA 13 13
6 Martin Brodeur NJD 14 13

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual View Post
once again Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri are firing blanks
They should be our fourth line and should be called "The Snakebitten".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:27 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
My thoughts on the game:

The team played extremely well. I thought Gomez had a pretty good game, but as it goes in Montreal, if you don't get points, you don't get praise. He made a few nice passes that could have resulted in goals, but no one finished when he did, hence the lack of points. But wtv, that's all I'll say on that issue.

The team made it really easy for Price in the first two periods. When the team needed Carey most, he stepped up, stopping 20 shots in the third.
Strange how positive your post is here, but dang you should go read your post on page 4 of the GDT !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Strange how positive your post is here, but dang you should go read your post on page 4 of the GDT !
Its all about the anti-jinx my friends it worked beautifully

I still can't believe it worked...prob just coincidence

Old
11-10-2010, 06:46 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Its all about the anti-jinx my friends it worked beautifully

I still can't believe it worked...prob just coincidence
I used the anti-jinx (along with various other bizarre rituals) during the playoffs last year and it worked magnificently for the most part. It failed miserably for Round 3 though... I'm not sure why.

11-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Koivu2001

Price stole this one but PP Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri have to wake up....and whats the problem with gomez? hes scared to shoot....

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 06:47 AM
PunkinDrublic*

OK well if thats a jinx thing how do you explain Earl ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
Why do the habs always end our winstreak.
it's what we do. ask the capitals.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
OK well if thats a jinx thing how do you explain Earl ?
No one can explain Earl. It's just sad that a fan hopes a particular player fails miserably. It's kind of pathetic.

Old
11-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If Pouliot doesn't like the pressure of being a top 6...might as well create those lines:

AKost-Pleks-Cammy (reunite the freakin line that was so good before Martin dismantled it...)

Pouliot-Halpern-Gionta (But don't tell Pouliot he's top 6...pretend that Gionta regressed to the 3rd line..... Now it might sound crazy 'cause I don't like the fact that Martin dismantled the 1st line and now I'm dismantling the PHD line....well it's mostly because I don't see Darche as a guy who will have that consistency in the long run. And if Gomez can get it going, what's our options?)

Darche-Gomez-Lapierre (Though if Darche has a broken nose...we might see Boyd in the lineup. If so, put Moen in the 3rd line.) That way, Gomez will realize he's the most skilled player on his line and might actually want to take charge instead of waiting for others to do it.....

Pyatt-Eller-Moen (or Boyd). Now look at this line....and tell me there's no room for MAB as the #7D. And especially if Martin continues playing Eller at 4 minutes a game. Pretty sure Bergeron could play 4 minutes but that would be PP time....

Sorry but right now, Halpern is our #2 centerman. Like it or not. Play him that way.
If Eller plays 4 minutes per game, they should really put him down in Hamilton and call up White. Eller needs to play on a scoring line to continue developping his scorings skills. We are making the same error as we did with Pacioretty!!

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:02 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I didn't see the game but nonetheless congrats to the team and Carey Price. That's a nice win and hopefully the Habs can follow it up with something similar against Boston.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Frankenheimer

Price has got some pretty sweet stats this morning. Looking really sharp so far. I hope they go the way of a contract extension instead of dragging this into another RFA negotiation.

Frankenheimer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
From Yahoo:

Quote:
RW Alex Burrows still hasn't recorded a point in his first four games back after recovering from offseason shoulder surgery despite the fact he returned to the top line alongside regular partners Daniel and Henrik Sedin. And in Tuesday's 2-0 loss in his hometown of Montreal, Burrows didn't even manage a shot as both Sedins were held without a point for the first time all season.
Woop woop!

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Just saw the highlights on TSN, missed the end of the game. It looks like Subban and Carey are getting along really well. Both young Canadian boys, I wouldn't be surprised if Subban's work ethic is rubbing off on him. Everybody knows how hard Subban works and he has just as much potential as Price does. Price sees this and I'm sure Subban is giving him a different perspective and Carey is using it as motivation towards his great start! Keep it up Carey!
From what I have heard, backing up Halak for the second half of last year was the kick in the pants Carey needed.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
From Yahoo:

Woop woop!
This is how we do it!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Why isn't anyone talkin about this? Gio missing that open net was hilarious?
If you're talking about the shot missed open net, shot from blank point. That was Lappy, passed by Gomez. If you're talking about the shot from behind our blue line that Gionta did and barely missed...

Habskrieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If Pouliot doesn't like the pressure of being a top 6...might as well create those lines:

AKost-Pleks-Cammy (reunite the freakin line that was so good before Martin dismantled it...)

Pouliot-Halpern-Gionta (But don't tell Pouliot he's top 6...pretend that Gionta regressed to the 3rd line..... Now it might sound crazy 'cause I don't like the fact that Martin dismantled the 1st line and now I'm dismantling the PHD line....well it's mostly because I don't see Darche as a guy who will have that consistency in the long run. And if Gomez can get it going, what's our options?)

Darche-Gomez-Lapierre (Though if Darche has a broken nose...we might see Boyd in the lineup. If so, put Moen in the 3rd line.) That way, Gomez will realize he's the most skilled player on his line and might actually want to take charge instead of waiting for others to do it.....

Pyatt-Eller-Moen (or Boyd). Now look at this line....and tell me there's no room for MAB as the #7D. And especially if Martin continues playing Eller at 4 minutes a game. Pretty sure Bergeron could play 4 minutes but that would be PP time....

Sorry but right now, Halpern is our #2 centerman. Like it or not. Play him that way.
Pouliot had no problem with pressure last year, I think he just lost his confidence down the stretch and just got itr back on that Halpern line.

Even with all his struggles, Gomez brings things to the table, he's very reliable defensively, excellent at getting the puck up ice, both 5 on 5 and PP. He was excellent on faceoffs last night, and he can play PK. People make it sound like he's just mailing it in, which is not the case. Yeah he acn be frustrating, always looking to pass even with a clear shot...but the Habs are a much better team when he is playing up to potential.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I used the anti-jinx (along with various other bizarre rituals) during the playoffs last year and it worked magnificently for the most part. It failed miserably for Round 3 though... I'm not sure why.
reality maybe? i tend to not follow or believe in rituals for stuff out of my control. Personal stuff, preparation before something i understand, but dont see how an anti jynx or jynx will effect a team lol oh well. just saying

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
If Eller plays 4 minutes per game, they should really put him down in Hamilton and call up White. Eller needs to play on a scoring line to continue developping his scorings skills. We are making the same error as we did with Pacioretty!!
It won't matter. We're not going to have too many young guys, crack the line-up with Martin as coach. He just doesn't give them the ice-time or confidence to develop. He's been brutal for that with the exception of Subban, but he didn't have much choice with the injuries.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 View Post
sorry I didn't read through every page of the GDT but from what I saw throughout the game is we seriously sucked!! e were lucky to win this game!! Price rocked and seriously our goals were lucky and nothing more..Listening to the post game reactions hearing that they're a\saying they did this and that............B....S..!!
I'm a huge supporter, but all I could say all night while watching is.......FACK they suck!!! especially on the PP It's like they were afraid to play!! Sorry I do love my team but they seriously sucked tonight and didn't deserve this win other than Price...I'm not even going to go where Gomes went tonight...Jesus!!!
What a negative attitude! The Habs defeated a very strong team but it wasn't all Price's doing. He got a lot of defensive help (as Halak did during his run with the Habs last season). Of all the Dmen who played both last year and this, only Markov, Hamrlik, and Gorges are holdovers. (I don't really count O'Byrne.) Bouillon, Dandenault, Komisarek, and Streit are gone and O'Byrne hardly plays. When Halak had the old crew playing in front of them he was good but few observers considered him outstanding. He never would have held off the Caps and Sens if Gainey hadn't brought in Gill and Spacek and Subban wasn't available to fill in for Markov.

So, to make a long story short, it's unfair to say that the Habs suck just because they're not an elite team. How many elite teams would you expect to find in a 30-team NHL? Fourteen teams don't even get into the playoffs but I'll bet the Habs make it. I assume the Caps will lead the conference again but judging from their games early in this season I wouldn't be surprised to see the Habs repeat their upset.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote