HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

WFAN: Announcement Today?

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2004, 07:34 AM
gkrangers

vCash: 500
WFAN: Announcement Today?

Not the normal WFAN bull..

WFAN will have 10th anniversary of the Rangers cup win today on mike and the mad dog, and they also said an announcement would be made that will make all Ranger fans extremely happy.

I didn't see it posted here yet. Take it for what its worth.

Old
06-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrangers
Not the normal WFAN bull..

WFAN will have 10th anniversary of the Rangers cup win today on mike and the mad dog, and they also said an announcement would be made that will make all Ranger fans extremely happy.

I didn't see it posted here yet. Take it for what its worth.

I think it'll be bogus. If it was any news of significant interest, the story would have been leaked days ago. I can't imagine Slats announcing to the Rangers world that they just acquired the 1st overall selection from the Caps. At the very best, it'll probably be an announcment for the new Coach. However, knowing how lame this franchise is, and with no news from a SOTI or Park or Edge, I can't imagine it making us "very happy".

Old
06-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I think it'll be bogus. If it was any news of significant interest, the story would have been leaked days ago. I can't imagine Slats announcing to the Rangers world that they just acquired the 1st overall selection from the Caps. At the very best, it'll probably be an announcment for the new Coach. However, knowing how lame this franchise is, and with no news from a SOTI or Park or Edge, I can't imagine it making us "very happy".
Perhaps an Umberger signing?

Old
06-14-2004, 08:22 AM
JR#9*

It is strange that RJ's signing will be announced the same day that the NYR's are making some sort of "significant" announcement.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru

I thought of that too. With all this secrecy regarding which team he picked, you have to wonder if he did wind up here in NY after all.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
It is strange that RJ's signing will be announced the same day that the NYR's are making some sort of "significant" announcement.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Damn!! I hate waiting!!!

Old
06-14-2004, 08:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Would an Umberger signing really make you "very happy"?

Old
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
That would make me happy, but is it the sort of thing that would merit a Stanley Cup celebration announcement? Would it make the average fan excited?

My guess: new coach.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
BIGBLUESHIRTSNYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Would an Umberger signing really make you "very happy"?
not really

Old
06-14-2004, 08:33 AM
NYR469

my guess is that in honor of the 10 year anniversary both sather and messier will sign 10 year extensions :lol

Old
06-14-2004, 08:38 AM
gkrangers

I can't believe I'm going to listen/watch Mike and the Mad Dog ALL afternoon...

Old
06-14-2004, 08:40 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

WFAN was running the Rangers ten year anniversary promo the entire weekend

5:05 is the special announcement

Mike and the Mad Dog will have it

They are broadcasting from a Yogi Berra golf tournament today

WFAN does not have the Rangers&Knicks radio rights anymore

Old
06-14-2004, 08:44 AM
DARTH SATHER

I don't think it is the Umberger signing because he is not a big enough name. The hiring of Q would be a big announcement but I don't think it is that either or it would have leaked already.

I think somethng that would make all Rangers fans happy is Graves getting his Jersey in the rafters. Would make sense with them doing a 10 year anniversary of the Cup win.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

No Ranger figures are expected to play in the Yogi Berra golf classic today

http://www.yogiberramuseumgolfclassi...ebrities.shtml

Old
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
King Nothing*

Huh

I think they are going to announce that Glen Sather has beat all the other teams in the race to resign Valary Kamensky.

Old
06-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Shadowtron

I think it's going to be Messier's retirement. It makes sense. It'll be the 10th anniversary of his greatest achievement in NYC. Also, didn't rodent report about a week/2 weeks ago that a purchase was made for an ornamental hockey stick for Messier. It all makes sense. Guys, I think that's what it is. Unfortunately, this isn't going to make me "very happy". While I'm glad he's off the team, it's not really a monumental day for me. I'd rather it be a coach hiring or a player transaction. Mess's retirement is really low on my happy list.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Yizee*

hello

Did you say the big announcement will be on WFAN at 5:05 PM? This news will make all ranger fans happy? Would a news network really say that if it was to be messier's retirement? I will be very happy if it is but I also want to know about the coach and RJ Umberger as well.

Old
06-14-2004, 09:40 AM
NYR469

Quote:
I think it's going to be Messier's retirement. It makes sense. It'll be the 10th anniversary of his greatest achievement in NYC. Also, didn't rodent report about a week/2 weeks ago that a purchase was made for an ornamental hockey stick for Messier. It all makes sense. Guys, I think that's what it is. Unfortunately, this isn't going to make me "very happy". While I'm glad he's off the team, it's not really a monumental day for me. I'd rather it be a coach hiring or a player transaction. Mess's retirement is really low on my happy list.
but there is no way the rangers would promote messier's retirement as something ranger fans will celebrate...

Old
06-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee
Did you say the big announcement will be on WFAN at 5:05 PM? This news will make all ranger fans happy? Would a news network really say that if it was to be messier's retirement? I will be very happy if it is but I also want to know about the coach and RJ Umberger as well.
Messier is named coach and Umberger's # is retired

Old
06-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
but there is no way the rangers would promote messier's retirement as something ranger fans will celebrate...
I agree, that's why I think it will be to announce that, if there is a season, Messier has given in to Sather and will be coming back for one more year to lead and teach the new crop of Ranger youngsters....

Old
06-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I agree, that's why I think it will be to announce that, if there is a season, Messier has given in to Sather and will be coming back for one more year to lead and teach the new crop of Ranger youngsters....
It could be something really simple like maybe wfan is replaying game 7 tonight. Why would the rangers announce something significant on a station that is not even there radio home anymore?

Could you imagine how pissed the writers that cover the team everyday in the season will be if they are shut out of a major announcement?

Old
06-14-2004, 10:08 AM
JR#9*

I think it's hiring a coach which they probrably want to do before the draft next weekend and I expect it will be Quenville that gets introduced tonight.

Old
06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
I think it's hiring a coach which they probrably want to do before the draft next weekend and I expect it will be Quenville that gets introduced tonight.

Are the rangers having a press conference or are they announcing something on Mike and the mad dog?

there is a huge differance

Old
06-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469

But Mike and the Mad Dog would. They've been calling for his head for a while now...as have a lot of the fans. I haven't heard the actual promo, so I'm just guessing based on comments by M & MD.

Old
06-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
But Mike and the Mad Dog would. They've been calling for his head for a while now...as have a lot of the fans. I haven't heard the actual promo, so I'm just guessing based on comments by M & MD.
perhaps the rangers will say they are going to retire messiers jersey. that would seem like the likely and fitting annoncement today.

Closed Thread