HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Will the Leafs play fair, Orr not?

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Baba Ganoush

vCash: 500
went to my first game in Florida tonight. you guys have a nice venue.

not much to cheer about tonight...but it was fun nonetheless. guys were cheering "lets go Panthers" the whole way exiting the building, which was cool to see.

after the 3rd or 4th goal i saw a Leafs fan take off his jersey, throw in the ice, and walk out. pretty much how i felt...it was funny.

also, when i first got there, there was a scalper selling tickets 15 rows up from the front row for $20 a peice! and the building was still super empty. you guys should get out to more games and support your team!

anyways, good game.

Old
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Great win....All they talked about was teh leafs on TSN. Yawn.

Frolik, Matthias, Kully all played well. Awesome. Booth had a number of chances.

Old
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I just realized something. Didn't Burke give up a 1st in this year's draft as well for Kessel? Wasn't it a 1st and 2nd last year and a 1st this year (or something like that). Could you imagine if TO finishes last again. Add an RNH, Couturier, or Larsson to the Bruins?!? Kessel is a great player, but wow!
yep. so much for the "rebuild" we were promised when Burke/Wilson took over.

their "3-5 year plan" consists of signing college/euro FA's, and risky trades, rather than building through the draft which is what most of us hoped for/expected.

fun times in TO.

our best players this year have been Luke Schenn, Tomas Kaberle, Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin. what do they all have in common?

they were all here before Burke/Wilson came here.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
yep. so much for the "rebuild" we were promised when Burke/Wilson took over.

their "3-5 year plan" consists of signing college/euro FA's, and risky trades, rather than building through the draft which is what most of us hoped for/expected.

fun times in TO.

our best players this year have been Luke Schenn, Tomas Kaberle, Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin. what do they all have in common?

they were all here before Burke/Wilson came here.
I guess it was just a bad game tonight, then. He looked foolish at least a couple of times.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I guess it was just a bad game tonight, then. He looked foolish at least a couple of times.
for sure. even the guy i went with (not a Leafs fan) said "who's number 2???"

Old
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Papa044

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Papa044
Quote:
went to my first game in Florida tonight. you guys have a nice venue.

not much to cheer about tonight...but it was fun nonetheless. guys were cheering "lets go Panthers" the whole way exiting the building, which was cool to see.

after the 3rd or 4th goal i saw a Leafs fan take off his jersey, throw in the ice, and walk out. pretty much how i felt...it was funny.

also, when i first got there, there was a scalper selling tickets 15 rows up from the front row for $20 a peice! and the building was still super empty. you guys should get out to more games and support your team!

anyways, good game.
i was at the game, it didn't look empty at all ... maybe compared to the venues in Canada bc we obviously don't sell out much but i believe the capacity to the BAC is around 18,000 and the attendance tonight was 15,243 so I'd say that's decent, we usually get around 14k on average... also people need to remember/realize that we haven't made the play-offs for 10 years and counting.

Last edited by Papa044: 11-10-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old
11-11-2010, 12:25 AM
CanadianPantherFan

When the Leafs board mention the names of Mike Kitchen and Mike Keenan as possible Head Coaching candidates, you know there's trouble brewing !

Old
11-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
When the Leafs board mention the names of Mike Kitchen and Mike Keenan as possible Head Coaching candidates, you know there's trouble brewing !
haha for sure. unfortunately, Burke keeps saying Wilson's job is safe, so...

but yea, you know your team is a wreck when Florida Panthers fans are call you the Laffs (no offense...but really guys...).

as for the 15,000+ people in attendance...wow. that took me by surprise. the building was literally half-empty looking everywhere. after the first, everyone from the upper bowl moved to the lower bowl, so only the upper bowl was empty looking...but there were still a ton of empty seats in the lower bowl.

was that number including insects and what not, or strictly human beings? haha, but seriously, that;s wild and i would have never thought there were that many bodies in there.

it was nice walking on carpet. i like your guys' venue, and i'll definitely be going to more games there, especially since i can get front row seats for $30 from scalpers!

good game tonight. your team looked fast. not sure if it's cause we flat out stunk, or if you have a very fast team...cause our team is considered one of the fastest, and you guys looked faster out there tonight.

Old
11-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Sunshinehockey

I think, right now Matthias is more deadly in front of the net and on the rush than Booth, hes cooler and has a more clinical finish tohis shots... He just looks really relaxed and playful, a little Bure touch to it actually! Great to watch!

Old
11-11-2010, 08:00 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
haha for sure. unfortunately, Burke keeps saying Wilson's job is safe, so...

but yea, you know your team is a wreck when Florida Panthers fans are call you the Laffs (no offense...but really guys...).

as for the 15,000+ people in attendance...wow. that took me by surprise. the building was literally half-empty looking everywhere. after the first, everyone from the upper bowl moved to the lower bowl, so only the upper bowl was empty looking...but there were still a ton of empty seats in the lower bowl.

was that number including insects and what not, or strictly human beings? haha, but seriously, that;s wild and i would have never thought there were that many bodies in there.

it was nice walking on carpet. i like your guys' venue, and i'll definitely be going to more games there, especially since i can get front row seats for $30 from scalpers!

good game tonight. your team looked fast. not sure if it's cause we flat out stunk, or if you have a very fast team...cause our team is considered one of the fastest, and you guys looked faster out there tonight.
We are a fast team. Its one of the aspects of our team that we use to our advantage. Since we lack on talent, we need to be faster, and work harder, than the other teams. We wont win on skill most nights, but we will outwork most other teams.

Old
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
RainingRats

Benching Frolik has worked wonders. Good to see him pick his game up.

When Vokoun is on he looks so solid in net. No wild movements, no scrambling. He looks almost robotic.

Matthias on the wing really works. Not sure why we didn't try that before. Probably because we're so desperate for that big guy down the middle. I think putting younger guys on the wing helps to limit their defensive responsibility so their game has more potential to develop offensively. The kid has such a quick first step for someone who is 6' 4". His lateral puck movement is really fast as well.

Looks like we might have some chemistry brewing between Booth and Santo. Hopefully we can put together some wins.

Our offense is statistically pretty damn good. If we can get our PP working we might have a shot at the playoffs, might.

Old
11-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Two4Fighting

Love Santorelli game, but he can't buy a goal if his life depend it on it.
he gets and creates great chances.

Old
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
I would love to see...

Matthias-Weiss-Frolik
Booth-Santo-Repik

I absolutely LOVE Weiss and Matthias together.. So smart, they compliment each other really well.. And like I've been saying forever, Matthias is going to be a freakin beast, he may have the best hands on this team...

Old
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
dark days ahead for Toronto!

Closed Thread