HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This team sucks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
  #1
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,754
vCash: 1425
This team sucks

There you go. This team has so many problems I can't even count them on my fingers. Alfredsson, Spezza, Gonchar, Fisher, Michalek...where are those guys. Clouston sucks, our top 6 sucks, our D sucks. There is one bright spot and it's the goaltending.

This team is not making the playoffs if they keep playing like that.

I'm usually optimistic but this is ridiculous.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
  #2
slamigo
Skate or Die!
 
slamigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Did we ever imagine the day of being jealous that another team has Jacques Martin as head coach?


sigh.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
  #3
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Maybe some of the guys are having trouble with their pre-game routines.

Maybe its time to try some chicken instead of steak. Maybe a 3 pillow nap.

Maybe Aubrey Huff has a spare thong he could lend to someone.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
  #4
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,147
vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
IKR.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
  #5
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 50
I think it can all be solved by using point men more. Opens up opportunities for chances in the slot... something like 50% of our goals come from the slot.

Well the bottom line is just get more pucks to the slot.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
  #6
NJD Kula
yay hockey
 
NJD Kula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Пок
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
I thought this was the Devils forum.

Will take 7 more points if you don't want them

NJD Kula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
  #7
Blehst*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
they lack discipline!

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
  #8
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Maybe some of the guys are having trouble with their pre-game routines.

Maybe its time to try some chicken instead of steak. Maybe a 3 pillow nap.

Maybe Aubrey Huff has a spare thong he could lend to someone.
Or maybe Muckler helped ruin this team and Murray has failed to walk on water.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
  #9
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
The legitimate top 6 player we have is Spezza, alfie is playing like he's 50, Michalek and Fisher are 3rd liners at best, Kovalev is Kovalev, Regin and Foligno are unproven. That leaves zero wingers for Spezza to work with.

Then the D, too slow and soft for today's NHL.
Philips- inconsistent, aging and slow
Conchar- elite pmd but lacks size and is too old
Karlsson- has no size and easy to beat.
Kuba- big, slow, soft and stupid
Carkner- brings no physicality during the game, only after the whistle, is too slow for the NHL.
Campoli- average pmd but with no size.

This D is too soft and small too play any defense and is too slow to play any offense.

Coaching- One ****** and one assistant ****** beside him complementing each other.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
  #10
Senasnore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
So many problems with this team.

Soft as a baby's butt. ******** decisions with the puck. Lack of heart.

Skilled players have no heart.

Unskilled players have heart but no finish.

Not making the playoffs with this group.

Senasnore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
  #11
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Or maybe Muckler helped ruin this team and Murray has failed to walk on water.
Or maybe it's time that Murray was held accountable for the terrible decisions that he's made that John Muckler had no part in.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:21 PM
  #12
Inf4mous0ne
Registered User
 
Inf4mous0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya Kulachuk View Post
I thought this was the Devils forum.

Will take 7 more points if you don't want them
lol, thanks for making it a bit brighter in here

Inf4mous0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
  #13
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
The legitimate top 6 player we have is Spezza, alfie is playing like he's 50, Michalek and Fisher are 3rd liners at best, Kovalev is Kovalev, Regin and Foligno are unproven. That leaves zero wingers for Spezza to work with.

Then the D, too slow and soft for today's NHL.
Philips- inconsistent, aging and slow
Conchar- elite pmd but lacks size and is too old
Karlsson- has no size and easy to beat.
Kuba- big, slow, soft and stupid
Carkner- brings no physicality during the game, only after the whistle, is too slow for the NHL.
Campoli- average pmd but with no size.

This D is too soft and small too play any defense and is too slow to play any offense.

Coaching- One ****** and one assistant ****** beside him complementing each other.
I agree. Spezza was the only bright light out there tonight. I wonder how long it will be before he is frustrated with this gong show team and management and will ask to be traded.

Alfie's effort was there. He's obviously not capable of carrying a team anymore. It's too bad, but that's life.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
  #14
True Believer
Registered User
 
True Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Cool story bro. Why don't you bandwagon a winning team?

True Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
  #15
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExpert View Post
they lack discipline!
This too...

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
  #16
Inf4mous0ne
Registered User
 
Inf4mous0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 1300
Also, I disagree with the knock on Karlsson. He at least looks like he is moving and trying to make things happen out there

Inf4mous0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
  #17
Blehst*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
This too...
I was just hoping someone would catch the arnold reference!

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
  #18
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,423
vCash: 500
Remember guys, love the logo on the front, not the names on the back...

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:29 PM
  #19
Melnyks Mirage
Next year again...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Or maybe Muckler helped ruin this team and Murray has failed to walk on water.
Muckler has not been here for 4 years now in a few weeks.
Murray was handed a championship level team and turned it into a circus. Great work on the farm though.

It's too late for the Mike Eastwood Murray peptalk.
People are getting pissed off; nightly calls to not renew season tickets. Even if you dismiss those as bunk, this fanbase will zone in one person and run them out of town.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
There you go. This team has so many problems I can't even count them on my fingers. Alfredsson, Spezza, Gonchar, Fisher, Michalek...where are those guys. Clouston sucks, our top 6 sucks, our D sucks. There is one bright spot and it's the goaltending.

This team is not making the playoffs if they keep playing like that.

I'm usually optimistic but this is ridiculous.
This team isn't great but it's clear they've tuned out Clouston.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:29 PM
  #20
SilverSeven
Registered User
 
SilverSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,166
vCash: 500
Alfie need to have his minutes cut. This is the second year that he just hasnt looked great. He is playing a ton, and still has talent, so he still produces, but that is masking his mediocre play. He has been a turnover machin the last two years, and looks mentally fatigued. He just makes bad decisions constantly. Add this to the fact that the guy hasnt practiced in forever because he is so damn tired, and maybe its time to relieve him of PK duties.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
  #21
senatoilers*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I agree. Spezza was the only bright light out there tonight. I wonder how long it will be before he is frustrated with this gong show team and management and will ask to be traded.

Alfie's effort was there. He's obviously not capable of carrying a team anymore. It's too bad, but that's life.
When you have 2G, 1A, and are -10 in your last 14GP, you are not a bright light.

senatoilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:34 PM
  #22
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,993
vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Maybe some of the guys are having trouble with their pre-game routines.

Maybe its time to try some chicken instead of steak. Maybe a 3 pillow nap.

Maybe Aubrey Huff has a spare thong he could lend to someone.
You clearly haven't gotten your message across. Please, keep posting this every day.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
  #23
Derivation
Registered User
 
Derivation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Alfredssons longest pointless drought in his career. Time for him to hang them up, and get this team an identity other than a bunch of old vets playing wheelchair/ cane hockey. Get the surgeons out it's time to get these geezers some fresh limbs and reconstruct them into young men again.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
  #24
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,400
vCash: 500
True. True.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
  #25
MikeyMagic
Registered User
 
MikeyMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyellowsub View Post
Alfredssons longest pointless drought in his career. Time for him to hang them up, and get this team an identity other than a bunch of old vets playing wheelchair/ cane hockey. Get the surgeons out it's time to get these geezers some fresh limbs and reconstruct them into young men again.
That would be the worst possible move. Not only would we lose him, but we'd be stuck with his salary on the cap, since he was over 35 when he signed.

MikeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.