HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nicolo Rizzuto gunned down

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2010, 11:21 PM
  #76
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 500
So the Mafia is going down, at least the Rizzuto clan, the Bikers are weak since Opération Printemps 2001 and the streets gangs are rising?

The Russian General is online now  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
  #77
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
I never said that the mafia creates people who have gambling problems. They enable them though, do you not agree?

They don't create people with addiction problems but they import the drugs to enable them. Do you not agree?

The mafia (and I mean all mobs, not just the Italian kind) run drugs, gambling and women. All of which harm the community. How could you disagree with that??

It's hard to be a good person, to be charitable, to be kind, to be generous, etc. I know people who struggle at the poverty line and continue to exist... and then I see flashy, wildly respected criminals who have no business wearing the clothes on their backs or driving the cars they do. They attained their comfortable lifestyle on the backs of others.

It's an affront to humanity and I can't see why anybody can disagree.

The media glorifies the mafia much much more than they disparage it. Every year there is supposed to be a "mob war" happening as if it's something that should be marked and dated on every calender.

And yes, a career criminal who did nothing but suck resources and positive energy from my community deserves nothing more than to burn in hell. This isn't Robin Hood, it's Nicolo Rizzuto.

If you ban me from this thread for clearly pointing out my ideas, I'll report you to the administrators for abuse of powers. Don't drop the mod-hammer on me when I'm not breaking any rules... if anything YOU'RE glorifying the criminal, not me.

And I know everything isn't black and white - that doesn't mean we should venerate a career criminal. Which is my ultimate point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Wait, you're blaming the mafia for people having gambling problems? How about the actual person refusing to get help, and instead shelling out the deed to his house? No, the mafia cuffed him and put him into a chair and forced him to play. I honestly think, from the examples you stated, that you have a warped opinion on what a Mafia is and maybe you should do a little more research on the matter, rather then re-hash all the same garbage that the media spews out.

I understand that you don't agree with my point of view, but to call it pathetic is sad. I can walk my kids down the street every day knowing I'll be safe from drive-bys (barring any random loser). Try doing that **** in Montreal-Nord, your chances there of something happening are elevated.

Burn in hell? For shame on yourself.

And for what it's worth, I defended those kids in the graffiti incident. However, the relevance of that in this thread is zero.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:23 PM
  #78
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
theres always ignorant people arround....

how many death's per year does montreal have ? now compare that to most cities arround the world and come post again cuz you clearly have no clue what your talking about
When there are 0 mob related deaths in a year for three or more years I will say organized crime isn't a problem. Just because numbers are lower than more populous cities doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Ignorance is accepting something because you're too scared to challenge it.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:24 PM
  #79
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Patronizing aside, we're not disagreeing.

I'm just saying that I acknowledge the mob exists, and I acknowledge that it's kinda a given in any society - I just don't like them and I don't think they should be given the time of day.

edit: upon re-reading your post... I disagree that they have a "controlled violence". For every drive-by that is avoided (speaking of which, drive-by's are soooooo rare in Canada/Quebec, terrible example) there is a family crushed by drugs/gambling/prostitution. It's not all rainbows and butterflies indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
That's cute of you, I like optimistic, positive people like yourself. Unfortunately life isn't all rainbows and butterflies, and as long as illegal substances/services exist, there will be a demand for them. Whether or not you kill every member of the mafia, someone else will be there to distribute. I somewhat agree to the controlled violence argument- they follow a certain conduct, one which doesn't make as much noise. Montreal has always been relatively calm- notice the violence / vandalism lately? As long as the mafia is in a weakened state, or in this sort of limbo which they seem to be in, it will only get worse in the near future. Are they good people? No, I wouldn't associate with them. I wouldn't even want to meet one. However, they are so intricately webbed in Montreal's foundation that the fight over control will result in havoc.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:32 PM
  #80
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Patronizing aside, we're not disagreeing.

I'm just saying that I acknowledge the mob exists, and I acknowledge that it's kinda a given in any society - I just don't like them and I don't think they should be given the time of day.
You're giving the time of day right now, as we speak.

By the way, I'm not a mod so I can't really do anything. I don't see why those comments you made were necessary. But regardless, what I meant by it is that calling someone's opinion pathetic, is an insult.

Anyways, the most has been already said in this thread. You can go out and do some research on the matter because if you think run-down strip clubs are run by the Rizzutos then you clearly need to do some more research.

With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else). Again, you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you. What my point is, is that with the Rizzutos in power, people like you and me are pretty much safe. In an area that is controlled by a bunch of gangs, you and I will fear to go outside. If the Montreal Mafia gets dismantled, which is likely to happen now, who knows who will take over. If the takeover falls into an organization that runs things differently, and our lives as innocent people are at stake, you'll quickly change your mind.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
  #81
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You're giving the time of day right now, as we speak.

By the way, I'm not a mod so I can't really do anything. I don't see why those comments you made were necessary. But regardless, what I meant by it is that calling someone's opinion pathetic, is an insult.

Anyways, the most has been already said in this thread. You can go out and do some research on the matter because if you think run-down strip clubs are run by the Rizzutos then you clearly need to do some more research.

With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else). Again, you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you. What my point is, is that with the Rizzutos in power, people like you and me are pretty much safe. In an area that is controlled by a bunch of gangs, you and I will fear to go outside. If the Montreal Mafia gets dismantled, which is likely to happen now, who knows who will take over. If the takeover falls into an organization that runs things differently, and our lives as innocent people are at stake, you'll quickly change your mind.
To be fair governments usually call in military when gangs start shooting average white folks. Look at how bad Los Angeles was in the 80's compared to now.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
  #82
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,761
vCash: 500
I won't lie. I don't care about him. It's absolute speculation to guess who made the hit, from what city and what happens next. These organizations have existed this long because they have intelligent people running the show. People may think it's a group of ppl imposing their will, but it's not true. These people have your average daily traffic cop, lawyer or accountant in debt to them and helping them behind the scenes. They never truly go away, they just wait for the right opportunity. With all due respect, i don't care if it was organized crime and controlled violence. Honestly, if it's sad to see someone die at his age after what he's done, why should we neglect that what, he may have killed someone who owed money? Just cuz we're not involved doesn't mean this guy is a saint. I don't go around terrorizing the streets either, who here does? I have controlled violence too by that standard. Very odd one to make no? In any case, **** the mob. While I never expect world peace and there will ALWAYS be a bad guy, doesn't mean I gotta just accept the fact and say it's a way of life. **** them and **** the successors.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
  #83
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
When there are 0 mob related deaths in a year for three or more years I will say organized crime isn't a problem. Just because numbers are lower than more populous cities doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Ignorance is accepting something because you're too scared to challenge it.
you clearly have no clue about ne thing that happens in the city and you obviously blame the mafia but like i said before,crime drugs etc will ALWAYS be arround and there will always be someone controlling that and with the mob doing that atleast things were controlled,these guys aint like street gangs walking arround the streets waving blue or red bandanas looking for trouble its organized crime and nobody dies unless they were paying for their own mistakes.

Rizzuto family aint in control ne more now lets see if things are gonna be worst or better

PATCHESx67 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
  #84
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Patronizing aside, we're not disagreeing.

I'm just saying that I acknowledge the mob exists, and I acknowledge that it's kinda a given in any society - I just don't like them and I don't think they should be given the time of day.

edit: upon re-reading your post... I disagree that they have a "controlled violence". For every drive-by that is avoided (speaking of which, drive-by's are soooooo rare in Canada/Quebec, terrible example) there is a family crushed by drugs/gambling/prostitution. It's not all rainbows and butterflies indeed.

My post wasn't meant to glorify their work, or praise the Rizzuto family. I was simply stating that whether or not they exist, drugs/gambling/prostitution will always remain a problem so long as its illegal and can be abused. Controlled violence is still violence, which is despicable and by all means, should be frowned upon... but at least I can exercise my freedom without having to keep an eye out for my own safety when I'm in certain areas. Its happening, but you can't see it unless you're affected by it. Certain places in the world can't say that much.

Beaker is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:39 PM
  #85
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 13,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else).
I understand what you mean by good but please, good and violence don't go together. It's just less bad.

The Russian General is online now  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:39 PM
  #86
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You're giving the time of day right now, as we speak.

By the way, I'm not a mod so I can't really do anything. I don't see why those comments you made were necessary. But regardless, what I meant by it is that calling someone's opinion pathetic, is an insult.

Anyways, the most has been already said in this thread. You can go out and do some research on the matter because if you think run-down strip clubs are run by the Rizzutos then you clearly need to do some more research.

With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else). Again, you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you. What my point is, is that with the Rizzutos in power, people like you and me are pretty much safe. In an area that is controlled by a bunch of gangs, you and I will fear to go outside. If the Montreal Mafia gets dismantled, which is likely to happen now, who knows who will take over. If the takeover falls into an organization that runs things differently, and our lives as innocent people are at stake, you'll quickly change your mind.
There are plenty of mobs so I things won't change that much. My dad was a cop... a high ranked one at that. I know stories and how much power the mob has over gangs. I can assure you, this murder doesn't throw anything off. The mob is still very much in control.

The way some people are talking here, it's as if you guys want the government to support the mob because they do us a service. They don't! I know people whose family members were killed by the mob. Is it ok that they killed him because the mob only kills the people they need to? Honestly some of you people think you know... but you don't.

This thread does make me want to rage. Some of your comments are ridiculous and ill informed (your as in HF boards... not you specifically crimson)

Ghetto Sangria is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:40 PM
  #87
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I understand what you mean by good but please, good and violence don't go together. It's just less bad.
i dunno, ufc is pretty awesome.

overlords is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:40 PM
  #88
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
Change of guard, notrhing more - nothing less. Just wait, a new family will "emerge" in the next few weeks/months.

neither the Gangs or Bikers had anything to win by killing him, an 86 years old man, it's not like he was doing most of the "work" at his age anyway...

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:40 PM
  #89
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
To be fair governments usually call in military when gangs start shooting average white folks. Look at how bad Los Angeles was in the 80's compared to now.
lets compare LA to MTL real quick....the deaths we get in a year they get in a week......see the difference ?

PATCHESx67 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
  #90
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You're giving the time of day right now, as we speak.

By the way, I'm not a mod so I can't really do anything. I don't see why those comments you made were necessary. But regardless, what I meant by it is that calling someone's opinion pathetic, is an insult.

Anyways, the most has been already said in this thread. You can go out and do some research on the matter because if you think run-down strip clubs are run by the Rizzutos then you clearly need to do some more research.

With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else). Again, you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you. What my point is, is that with the Rizzutos in power, people like you and me are pretty much safe. In an area that is controlled by a bunch of gangs, you and I will fear to go outside. If the Montreal Mafia gets dismantled, which is likely to happen now, who knows who will take over. If the takeover falls into an organization that runs things differently, and our lives as innocent people are at stake, you'll quickly change your mind.
It seems that Montreal is a Hobbesian state

SonOfGom is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
  #91
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
My post wasn't meant to glorify their work, or praise the Rizzuto family. I was simply stating that whether or not they exist, drugs/gambling/prostitution will always remain a problem so long as its illegal and can be abused. Controlled violence is still violence, which is despicable and should be frowned upon by all means... but at least I can exercise my freedom without having to keep an eye out for my own safety when I'm in certain areas. Its happening, but you can't see it unless you're affected by it. Certain places in the world can't say that much.
Quoting this, because this is what I truly believe.

No violence should be condoned, but there will always be violence, no matter where you go. I feel happy knowing I too, don't have to keep an eye out for crap like that.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:42 PM
  #92
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You're giving the time of day right now, as we speak.

By the way, I'm not a mod so I can't really do anything. I don't see why those comments you made were necessary. But regardless, what I meant by it is that calling someone's opinion pathetic, is an insult.

Anyways, the most has been already said in this thread. You can go out and do some research on the matter because if you think run-down strip clubs are run by the Rizzutos then you clearly need to do some more research.

With the good (controlled violence) comes the bad (everything else). Again, you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you. What my point is, is that with the Rizzutos in power, people like you and me are pretty much safe. In an area that is controlled by a bunch of gangs, you and I will fear to go outside. If the Montreal Mafia gets dismantled, which is likely to happen now, who knows who will take over. If the takeover falls into an organization that runs things differently, and our lives as innocent people are at stake, you'll quickly change your mind.
I don't think you're getting his argument right... I'll speak for myself:

I know this city is better off with the mafia running it than any other criminal group. This said, I'm not defending what they are doing. It became a matter of "what hurts less" instead of "what's good" and this is the part that frustrates me. Why can't we change this?? There's more good people in this world... Why can't we just take over this city (or world...) and make it a peaceful and non-violent place. Keep dreaming, they say. Well yes, but with big dreams come big realisations.

Jee is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:43 PM
  #93
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Violence is the only thing violent people understand. There's no water to violence's fire in the real world.
and then what, what do we do to thoses whu used violence against violent people ?

we must forgive them, they were violent for a good reason, right ?

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:43 PM
  #94
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
lets compare LA to MTL real quick....the deaths we get in a year they get in a week......see the difference ?
LA also has 6 times the population, even larger if you go surrounding area.. Are you like twelve or something? I really do feel like I'm arguing with someone who hasn't made it to high school yet.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:44 PM
  #95
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I understand what you mean by good but please, good and violence don't go together. It's just less bad.
I realize what you're saying. By good, I really mean better then other forms of violence. Let's face it, there's violence wherever you go. It's inevitable. So I'd rather live in a community of controlled violence, over random acts of violence all over the place, on innocent people.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:45 PM
  #96
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,163
vCash: 500
We have some really "informed" people around here. My world is so far apart from this mobster reality. His death doesn't affect me, but maybe somewhere out there, there is a young man who's life is in danger due to these tumultuous times. I pray for him.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
  #97
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,535
vCash: 500
even when families call a truce & both agree to stay in their own part of town,you know some greedy mofo is gonna step across the line & try to get a bigger piece of the action for himself.it happens all the time.

cupcrazyman is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
  #98
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I realize what you're saying. By good, I really mean better then other forms of violence. Let's face it, there's violence wherever you go. It's inevitable. So I'd rather live in a community of controlled violence, over random acts of violence all over the place, on innocent people.
Its not so black and white as you think. Ignorance is bliss, so believe what you want, but the Mafia is just as bad.

Ghetto Sangria is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:47 PM
  #99
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I won't lie. I don't care about him. It's absolute speculation to guess who made the hit, from what city and what happens next. These organizations have existed this long because they have intelligent people running the show. People may think it's a group of ppl imposing their will, but it's not true. These people have your average daily traffic cop, lawyer or accountant in debt to them and helping them behind the scenes. They never truly go away, they just wait for the right opportunity. With all due respect, i don't care if it was organized crime and controlled violence. Honestly, if it's sad to see someone die at his age after what he's done, why should we neglect that what, he may have killed someone who owed money? Just cuz we're not involved doesn't mean this guy is a saint. I don't go around terrorizing the streets either, who here does? I have controlled violence too by that standard. Very odd one to make no? In any case, **** the mob. While I never expect world peace and there will ALWAYS be a bad guy, doesn't mean I gotta just accept the fact and say it's a way of life. **** them and **** the successors.
Hey man when did you become a mod? Cool stuff

Galchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
11-10-2010, 11:47 PM
  #100
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,119
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
I don't think you're getting his argument right... I'll speak for myself:

I know this city is better off with the mafia running it than any other criminal group. This said, I'm not defending what they are doing. It became a matter of "what hurts less" instead of "what's good" and this is the part that frustrates me. Why can't we change this?? There's more good people in this world... Why can't we just take over this city (or world...) and make it a peaceful and non-violent place. Keep dreaming, they say. Well yes, but with big dreams come big realisations.
I understand your logic. I really do. I also am on your side. I would also like to live in a world of peace and freedom. I would rather not have any form of gang or mafia running anything, let alone exist. Unfortunately, it's like you said, we're in a "what's best" situation. What can change all of this? Maybe a device that warps everyone's mind. As long as you give everyone the freedom of self thought and freedom, then they have the freedom to decide to do bad to the world.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.